PDA

View Full Version : Color deformation in 3D Max Clarity setting - 60PFL9607S

Meskal
01-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm having problems with the Maximum Clarity setting on 60PFL9607S.
There are two settings in the 3D experience options: Flicker Free and Maximum Clarity.
In Flicker Free mode - colors and shadows look fine, there is slight crosstalk but picture is OK.
In Maximum Clarity - the shadows get distorted, everything gets kind of rainbow-y shadow. Some of the shadows get deeper and overly dark.

Maximum clarity:

Flicker Free:

Another example:

vs

Is this how this mode is suppose to look like?

According to the manual Maximum clarity mode is :"more 3D effect, more flicker."

Meskal
01-30-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm having problems with the Maximum Clarity setting on 60PFL9607S.
There are two settings in the 3D experience options: Flicker Free and Maximum Clarity.
In Flicker Free mode - colors and shadows look fine, there is slight crosstalk but picture is OK.
In Maximum Clarity - the shadows get distorted, everything gets kind of rainbow-y shadow. Some of the shadows get deeper and overly dark.

Maximum clarity:

Flicker Free:

Another example:

vs

Is this how this mode is suppose to look like?

According to the manual Maximum clarity mode is :"more 3D effect, more flicker."

Can I get any official response from a philips representative? Is this a support forum where users support their own problems?
I propose closing this forum since it no longer serves its purpose.

Meanwhile I have gotten an answer from an authorized philips technician - "this problem exists in every single tv in this model and exchange wont help me. Maybe they will make a software upgrade in few months that will fix this issue."
Can any philips/tp vision employee respond to that?