PDA

View Full Version : AD7000W/10 iTunes 11 problem

PeteChurchill
01-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Ok, so first problem and probably most significant. Having followed the step-up directions from the CD user manual. I've gotten to the stage where the LED is flashing orange and green, the 'Philips Fidelio Airplay - etc...' network appears and then I am able to connect to it. Now we hit a brick wall, when trying to get onto the IP configuration page for the 'Philips...' network, it won't load. I have tried it in Opera and Internet explorer and the only way I can get onto it is to do it repeat the process and try from my Galaxy S3. I can succeed from here and I get all the way to the confirmation 'beep' from the speakers.

First question for this part is; does this mean I should, in theory, then be able to play wirelessly from my computer also, or is that just relevant to the phone?

Second question and second part of the query; having succeeded in doing this from my phone, I can now access the IP network configuration page from my computer over the internet, not via the 'Philips...' network. So, having done that, firstly, is this a way around the problem of not being able to get to the IP configuration page or is this just false hope? Secondly, even having done this and having heard the confirmation beep from the speakers when doing it through my phone, I still can't get iTunes to play. I'm using 11.1 or whatever the latest version is and instead of playing, I select the track to play and try to do so, but the play bar doesn't move and no sound comes out.

Anybody got any ideas? Only just bought this thing for a birthday present and am already wondering if it was a bad idea really.

Thanks.

Pete

p.s. Should have said, I'm on an Acer Aspire 5920, operating Vista and AVG Free Anti-Virus. Hopefully that helps.

Milo O'Shea
01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Here's a checklist of how we, eventually, managed to persuade AD7000W/10 to connect up to our home network using an Acer laptop. It now seems to be stable and untroubled by other devices connected to the network:

Philips-Fidelio Airway Speaker – setup
Succeeded when:
All other network PCs except host laptop turned off.
Disabled:
A broadband monitoring device we host
Turned off:
Windows Firewall
AVG temporarily disabled
Spybot
I had also:

Renamed our network by removing 2 full stops from the network SSID
Turned off an extension we have on the network so that only one router was operating.
(Incidentally our routers are both configured to operate just on ‘g band’ – NOT on g&b as recommended in P-F manual – seems to make no difference to AD7000W/10 –just makes network slightly faster.)

Checked that in:

iTunes >>Edit>>Preferences>>Devices>>Allow iTunes audio control from remote speakers is ticked.

Moved laptop & speaker into same room as main router.
Disconnected USB hard drive.
Kept speaker some distance from laptop.
Reset speaker – press down power button for more than 5 secs.
Allowed speaker to boot up.
Held down speaker wi-fi setup button for 5 secs + and then again until lights went green/yellow.
Connected to Philips-Fidelio network on laptop.
Logged on to P-F web pages via 192.168.0.1
Configured P-F to accept our network – used automatic settings + manual password.
This then allowed laptop to reset itself automatically to home network – as P-F network now disabled.
(I think) I then turned off the P-F speaker, waited 10 secs and then turned it back on – bingo BEEP!

During setup only had the main router, host laptop & AD7000W/10 turned on. Everything else disabled/off. All security software disabled/off. Quite a labour intensive setup.

Hope this helps some other sufferer!

Milo

PS The speaker seems pretty impressive for its size.