PDA

View Full Version : mci900/12 update failed......

jphenrick
01-10-2013, 11:14 PM
purchased 2nd mci900/12

requested software update which was succesfull

then requested another which failed after download

now unit constantky reboots with recovering then recovering ecd
then manifest failed!!!!

how do i stop this and factory reset the unit???

ethernet is connected

please help!

thanks

JH

Philips - QK
01-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Dear jphenrick,

We have noted of your query here and we are now checking on this. We shall let you know once we have more concrete information.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

jphenrick
01-11-2013, 12:30 PM
hi many thanks

i also have a cd stuck in the unit so need to know how to get the software update to work asap

the unit had the base software and the next one upgraded ok

so its the 2nd one thats giving the fault

is there a sequence of keys to cause a factory reset or is the software corrupt on philips servers

thanks

JH

Hon So
05-17-2014, 04:43 PM
hi Philips Moderation Team,

i have the same problem as well. now, i am not able to switch my machine to a normal UI screen. what can i do?

what it happened was i switch off the machine(not a sleep mode), and when i switch on again, it start to download something... and said upgrading (in a light blue screen) for a day or 2. what should i do?

anyway i can download the latest software and install again?

cheers, Hon

Philips - Rafal
05-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi,

Have you tried applying factory settings?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hon So
05-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Rafel,

i didn't as i am not able to get into the normal UI screen. or is there another way to do the factory restore? by a USB drive or a button that i am not aware?

Cheers,

Philips - Rafal
05-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Hi,

There is no other way to restore factory settings. It looks like something went wrong during the upgrade process so you will need to have the unit serviced.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hon So
05-23-2014, 06:06 PM
i see. somehow this product is not sold in HK. and called the service center which they cant really help. can you arrange a firmware and instruction sent to me?

Hon So
05-27-2014, 05:00 PM
hi,

any update from my last reply?

Cheers,

Philips - Rafal
05-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi,

Can you please try and connect through Ethernet cable to check if you can connect to the network?

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Hon So
05-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi Rafal,

i did connect the cable. it said downloading from 0% to 100%. it then go into an upgrading... for days. so, what should i do?
amy way i can download the software from you and install from my product here?

Cheers,

Philips - Rafal
06-02-2014, 07:38 AM
Dear Hon So,

Unfortunately, there are no ways for this device to be upgraded offline. You will need to have your unit serviced.

I'm sorry we cannot help here.

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Philips - Rafal
06-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Dear Users,

There is no active discussion on this topic for quite some time. Therefore, we have closed this topic for the moment. In case you want to discuss further, you may start a new topic or send me a PM to re-open the topic.

Thanks for your understanding in advance!

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team