PDA

View Full Version : MediaConnect

alecovic40
01-15-2013, 01:16 AM
I'm unable to connect my hp intel core i3 with windows 8 to my new 50pfl3807. I followed every step and install and uninstall the program in different ways. The same message appears every time: "Encoding failed. Restart Wi-Fi MediaConnect" Please advice.

PeteGonzo
02-23-2013, 06:59 AM
Obviously the people at Phillips do not care about this problem. As I research this common problem I can see the pattern of no answers from Phillips. I will never buy another Phillips product again if this is their idea of customer service.

Philips - Rohan
02-25-2013, 05:22 PM
@Pete

Here is what I would like you to do:
1. Make sure you have the correct version of the software installed by going to http://www.wifimediaconnect.philips.com/ and downloading the correct version (v1.6.42)
2. Once installed, right click on the *.exe file.
3. Click on Properties.
4. Go to the compatibility Tab.
5. Select the compatibility mode as "Windows 7"
6. For "Privilege Level", check, "Run this program as an administrator".
7. Click OK

Restart the application and try again.

If this does not work, let me know, I might ask you to paste your PC specs here from a CPU-Z log for further analysis.

Philips - Rohan
02-25-2013, 05:28 PM
FYI - There is an FAQ on the Philips Website which addresses your issue as well:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=50PFL3807/F7&dct=FAQ&faqview=1&list=aa12_list_partial.html&mid=Link_FAQs&refnr=0095424&scy=US&slg=AEN&view=aa12_view_partial.html

FON
02-27-2013, 08:46 AM
goodmorning mr Rohan-philips
I have a similar problem with my 32pfl5507h/12. I can see my tv from my pc (windows xr prof.) but not all the time. When I open my media manager i cannot find the tv (after a few minutes). I wait many hours to find the tv. I try to close and open again the tv, or the media reader from tv, or the media manager and and and….. is it possible to find the tv or the pc from tv every time that I need it? can i set any choise to find it at the moment?

Philips - Rohan
02-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Hey FON, I am based out of the US, so I do not have a lot of information about your TV.

However, based on what you are saying, it looks like you are using your TV as a DLNA renderer. And I think what is happening is once it gets used by a source device, it stops showing up in your Media Manager.

FON
02-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Hey FON, I am based out of the US, so I do not have a lot of information about your TV.

However, based on what you are saying, it looks like you are using your TV as a DLNA renderer. And I think what is happening is once it gets used by a source device, it stops showing up in your Media Manager.

Goooood morning, mr RP (Rohan from Philips)
Fisrt from all i would like to thank you for your quick answer and after to ask you what you mean "I am based out of the US" you mean USA ? if yes i am telling you that i am writing from the beutifull island Milos of Greece not usa!
Now, after 3 days reading all the names like 'dlna' or 'wms' or 'twonky' and the others i think we are talking for the same thing.
Yes i try to use the media manager (that downloader from the Philips site) to connect wirlles my laptom (lenovo windows xp prof.) with my new tv 32pfl5507h/12.
Some times i find the tv but not all the time, it looks like that the reader even if its setting is to open its not open to search or allow to search for devices in the same network.
From some posts of the support site i realized that the problem is maybe from the version of media manager, what do you think? Can you suggest me any other like kooraroo as they write?
I am in the first step of the connection and i have not try to see all move and i do not now if i have the problems with the closing in 30 minutes or the problem of the subtitles that they write you think that my model 5507h/12 suport the subtitle? Ouf!!! a lot of questions i am leaving you before you kill me.
If you still dont understand what i mean, ask me again for the details that you need.
thanks

FON
03-01-2013, 01:32 PM
hi, where are you Rohan?
anybody from Philips or other friends?
Today i find time to try movies and i did not had problem with subtitles or disconnet in 30 minutes.
The only problem that i had (at the moment) it was that i could not find all the time the tv button on media manager screen.
The icon button of tv connection coming and leaving. this morning i had connection with media manager and tv but when i closed the media manager for some minutes i lost again the tv button.
How can i find the tv philips button any time i open the media manager? (32pfl5507h12)
please please somebody??