PDA

View Full Version : How do I play HD MKV files?

shokil
01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Hello
I have a TV model 40PFL-6606H
I tried to play the files through my TV - but it does not work.

:)
thanks

chrisham
01-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Please post some relevant information:
- Could you pls. user Mediainfo on the file you want to play - what is the output?
- What's the exact reaction of the TV when 'not working' - Error message, reboot, hang, black screen, ...
- What is the version number of your TV's firmware?

shokil
01-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Please post some relevant information:
- Could you pls. user Mediainfo on the file you want to play - what is the output?
- What's the exact reaction of the TV when 'not working' - Error message, reboot, hang, black screen, ...
- What is the version number of your TV's firmware?

Hey!

The model of the TV is 40PFL-6606H - TV connected to the Internet

I tried to connect via USB Movie - TV does not recognize the file
I tried to connect the TV via WIFI to a computer - it shows all the files but MKV files can not be seen.

I updated the latest version of television

Thank you :)

chrisham
01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
The most important pieces of info are still missing:
- please run mediainfo on the files that don't play and post the results. The TV supports some audio and video codecs and doesn't support others - the most likely cause for not playing is an unsupported codec in the mkv container

amirhy
03-03-2013, 01:58 PM
The most important pieces of info are still missing:
- please run mediainfo on the files that don't play and post the results. The TV supports some audio and video codecs and doesn't support others - the most likely cause for not playing is an unsupported codec in the mkv container

HI,
I have the same issue as the person starting this thread, see output from MediaInfo.
How can I watch this on my TV?
Thanks.1781

Toengel
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Hi,

you need to convert the Audio DTS stream to AC3. DTS is not supported.

Toengel@Alex

amirhy
03-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Hi,

you need to convert the Audio DTS stream to AC3. DTS is not supported.

Toengel@Alex

OK, thank you!
Couldnt really understand how to convert only the Audio part as the entire file contains both Video and Audio.
I converted the entire MKV into avi or mpeg but it turned the entire file to low quality.
Thanks.
Amir