PDA

View Full Version : 42PFL6007T/12 flicker and artefacts

Kagen
01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
I just bought two 42PFL6007T/12 and they have now been running for about a week. I am surprised of the rather poor quality regarding flicker and artefacts no matter what I do to the various settings. In fact it seems to get worse the more I try to adjust settings supposed to get rid of these problems. As I understand from reading other posts, these problems have existed since this model was launched sometime near the beginne of last year (2012), however they have not yet been corrected. Is there an update to be expected soon, which will fix this, or am I better of returning the two sets immediately?

jauary 18, 2013: have just experienced another defect: sometimes it is impossible to change channels, I have to switch the TV off and on again in order to continue channel change

Kagen
01-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Well - nobody seems to care, let alone Philips, so I'll return the two TVs tomorrow

Kagen
01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Update: I haven't returned the two sets yet, since I have a full 30 days of trial period. I just wanted to add another sad discovery: when watching very bright scenes, there are some very noticeable white horisontal bands flickering across the screen.

Manuj
01-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Hi !

there has been lengthy discussions about HDNM (motion compensation) creating those flickering and artifacts. You may want to do a search.
People either :

set HDNM to min, and live with fewer problems. Only compromise to get rid of typical judder (when normal motion)
set Game mode (disabling some more processing), like me because I still believe Philips' handling of motion compensation is defective, but still want to keep the TV. Judder is less distracting to me (but it clearly depends on people)
or return their TV and go for another brand. Potentially with slightly better motion compensation, but possibly with other image problems

So make your mind!

Kagen
01-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Last week I also experienced one of the TVs started to switch off and on by itself. I returned both TVs today.

martytv
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Last week I also experienced one of the TVs started to switch off and on by itself. I returned both TVs today.
Which TV set did you replace it with? I'm curious.

Kagen
02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Which TV set did you replace it with? I'm curious.

Well I have ordered two Samsung UE40ES7005 instead, but delivery is next week. If it turns out that any of the problems I experienced with the Philips TV's are the same for these LED TV's, I will switch to plasma instead. I have had a LG plasma TV for about 4 years now, and not exeprienced any problems at all.

reubels
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Kagen;50929 there are some very noticeable white horisontal bands flickering across the screen.[/QUOTE]

LOL me too, this has occured only last year however and my tv is 3 years old perhaps it maybe a new firmware issue anyway here's the bars
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_fSwk4r_Q1qWVh3M3l1WmlOa3M/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_fSwk4r_Q1qMTNoYi1WYzdsZWc/edit?usp=sharing

47PFL6704D/F7

Cookie
03-10-2013, 08:58 AM
LOL me too, this has occured only last year however and my tv is 3 years old perhaps it maybe a new firmware issue anyway here's the bars
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_fSwk4r_Q1qWVh3M3l1WmlOa3M/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_fSwk4r_Q1qMTNoYi1WYzdsZWc/edit?usp=sharing

47PFL6704D/F7

Hi Reubels,

Your problems are NOT related to those described in this thread, as you have a completely different TV platform. In the USA, Philips has a deal with Funai. They develop and sell Philips TV's overthere.

BTW, fo the others to know: last week Philips has released a new SW for the 6xx7 ~ 9xx7, that also addresses NM optimising. I think it is called version 150.85. Maybe it improves your expectations?

Grt.
Cookie

jeik
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Well I have ordered two Samsung UE40ES7005 instead, but delivery is next week. If it turns out that any of the problems I experienced with the Philips TV's are the same for these LED TV's, I will switch to plasma instead. I have had a LG plasma TV for about 4 years now, and not exeprienced any problems at all.

Still waiting about the comparison my friend ...