PDA

View Full Version : HTS5560 player fault

Benbow
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
I have had my HTS5560 for two years and with little use it has performed perfectly. I have recently had a problem with the blue ray player which plays blueray discs intermittently and refuses to play DVD's at all.
I am therefore unable to play my blueray and DVD library at all, although I do use the Dolby system with my Humax box.

I have cleaned the lens with a disc cleaner with no success. Any ideas anyone? 2 years seems a short time for a player fault to develop, I usually expect my pc player/recorders to last the lifetime of the pc - 6 years+.
Thanks'
Brian

Oscar
01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Hi Brian, some things you might try is to make sure latest firmware is installed. If so reset ot factory settings and reinstall and also might be worth to unplugg and plugg back again.... If all does not help then it looks defective

Benbow
01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi Brian, some things you might try is to make sure latest firmware is installed. If so reset ot factory settings and reinstall and also might be worth to unplugg and plugg back again.... If all does not help then it looks defective

Thanks for your prompt reply, Oscar. The unplugging worked. I don't know why I didn't think of that:o.
Thanks again.
Brian