PDA

View Full Version : No Twitter and Vimeo app on 40PFL7007H/12

leefh
01-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm a happy owner of a 40PFL7007H/12 set (with the latest firmware), however one of my upsets is that the Vimeo and Twitter apps are nowhere to be found among the Smart TV Apps.

I tried searching through the Apps Gallery, I have tried it by selecting each country, but in vain, no Vimeo, no Twitter app.

Also, and maybe on a related note, the Social TV app does not seem to work, it just loads a big black box with the default Smart TV UI around it.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I live in Hungary in case it matters.

Thank you.

OM-Norway
01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Serious; there are no such thing as happy owners of these TV sets...

You probably has not tried all the featured yet....

:-)

I'm a happy owner of a 40PFL7007H/12 set (with the latest firmware), however one of my upsets is that the Vimeo and Twitter apps are nowhere to be found among the Smart TV Apps.

I tried searching through the Apps Gallery, I have tried it by selecting each country, but in vain, no Vimeo, no Twitter app.

Also, and maybe on a related note, the Social TV app does not seem to work, it just loads a big black box with the default Smart TV UI around it.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I live in Hungary in case it matters.

Thank you.

leefh
01-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Sure there may be some flaws, but I try not to be voracious. :)

However, the lack of these two apps has been bugging me and keeps me frustrated.

Do you also have this type of TV-set?

Serious; there are no such thing as happy owners of these TV sets...

You probably has not tried all the featured yet....

:-)

Toengel
01-18-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi,

try to open www.hbbig.com (http://www.hbbig.com) in the open internet app... there you will find vimeo.

Toengel@Alex

leefh
01-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Thank you, found vimeo and a bunch of other apps. Any idea for Twitter?

Thanks again for your help!

Hi,

try to open www.hbbig.com (http://www.hbbig.com) in the open internet app... there you will find vimeo.

Toengel@Alex

atrias
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I also have the same problem with twitter and social app on an 6007 TV

All that it shows is a black window in blue colors background and nothing more

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I live in Greece

i have te latest firmware 150.082

leefh
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Thank you for the Vimeo trick! :)

My parents have a 42PFL9664H and it turns out both Vimeo and Twitter are available from the App Gallery. This is kind of weird if we consider the fact that the 9664 series are from 2009.

Do you happen to have any idea how/why this could be? What's the reason these apps are not available directly on a newer generation TV?

Hi,

Toengel@Alex

leefh
01-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Thank you for the Vimeo trick! :)

My parents have a 42PFL9664H and it turns out both Vimeo and Twitter are available from the App Gallery. This is kind of weird if we consider the fact that the 9664 series are from 2009.

Do you happen to have any idea how/why this could be? What's the reason these apps are not available directly on a newer generation TV?

Hi,

Toengel@Alex

leefh
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Thank you Toengel for the Vimeo workaround! :)

Do you happen to know how/why this could be? What's the reason these apps are not available by default on a newer generation TV?

Toengel
01-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Hi,

some apps are only available in certain countries - try to change the country in NetTV... vimeo is available as official app.

Of course, some apps are only working on newer devices correctly - even if it looks that they are working on old devices.

Toengel@alex

atrias
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
well the social App installed on my 2012 6007 TV is not working and I can't get any answer about why is this happening

Toengel
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi,

"is not working" is NOT an error description.

Toengel@Alex

leefh
01-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I just switched to Finland, Germany, UK and International in the country settings to no avail, these apps are still missing.

(Back then, when installing the cable channels, I, for obvious reasons, set the TV-location to Hungary. Could this had an impact on what NetTV displays as default?)

Thank you!

Hi,

some apps are only available in certain countries - try to change the country in NetTV... vimeo is available as official app.

Of course, some apps are only working on newer devices correctly - even if it looks that they are working on old devices.

Toengel@alex

atrias
01-21-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi,

"is not working" is NOT an error description.

Toengel@Alex

I made a full error description just 3 posts earlier

I also have the same problem with twitter and social app on an 6007 TV

All that it shows is a black window in blue colors background and nothing more

Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I live in Greece

i have te latest firmware 150.082

Toengel
01-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi,

did you try to delete the Internet Memory?

Toengel@Alex

atrias
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
yes I tried to delete the Internet memory

also i had this problem with older firmware (133.5) and i though that the old firware was the reason

so i updated to the latest 150.082 and did a full factory reset after the upgrade but the problem is still there

leefh
01-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Same here.

Also, changing country settings within Net TV didn't seem to work either despite changing it between Germany, UK, Finland, and International settings.

yes I tried to delete the Internet memory

also i had this problem with older firmware (133.5) and i though that the old firware was the reason

so i updated to the latest 150.082 and did a full factory reset after the upgrade but the problem is still there

atrias
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
the Twitter application is still not working

does anyone have an answer about why is this happening?