PDA

View Full Version : New on Net TV: Viewster. (Country setting Germany)

Philips
02-11-2011, 08:36 PM
This is a universal video store for all devices!
No need for an SD-card in the TV. 2009 TV’s can join as well!
This store is still in the trial phase. We start with B-rated movies. Prices are low.
When you are pleased with the performance, we will expand the offerings.
The faster your internet connection, the better the response from this application.

Toengel
02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Hi,

nice - and it is available compared to Videoload ^^

It would be nice, if a small demo movie would be available, so that one can evaluate the quality...

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
02-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi again,

if the trailer quality corresponds to the full movie, I think it is OK for streaming.

The trailer for "20 years after" is broken - only sound is available (tested on 58pfl9955 and bdp9600).

I need to force my TV in 16:9 zoom mode, since in "Auto Zoom" the aspect ratio is wrong.

Toengel@Alex

Michel
02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi,

great Work Guys !!! Ive just testet 30 minutes of 30.000 Miles under the Sea. I have a Philips 42PFL8404H12 (2009 TV) and a DSL6000 Internet in Germany. After Registration on Viewster.tv and Click&Buy everything works fine! There are only a few Breaks and the Quality ist better then i thought. Now we need better Movies ;-)

Xtreme
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Hello. It's working ok with my 11Mbit connection.
The picture quality is much worse than with all DVB-T MPEG2 streams. Would it be possible to make it at least a bit better?
Is there comming subtitles and localized UI languages?

Toengel
02-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Hi,

you can change the user interface language. Available are: German, English and French...

Toengel@Alex

Xtreme
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Philips,
Is there coming Movie subtitles for other countries later (for any movie)?

Michel134
04-07-2011, 08:50 AM
New on Viewster: Bad Lieutenant with Nicolas Cage !!!

Verklagekasper
09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I've seen a couple of movies now. For most of them, playback stopped somewhere in the middle of the movie. The movie paused, displaying the animated waiting-icon in middle for about 20 seconds, then the movie stopped entirely, and I was in the Viewster menu again. While I could navigate other parts of Viewster, I could not get back on the page of the movie I've been watching. Leaving Net-TV and going back didn't help, I could not get on the movie's page. Besides, Net-TV action and the Viewster menus were extremely sluggish (maybe the TV was still downloading something in the background?). Only turning the TV off and on helped, I could go again on the movie's page and resume.

TV: 32PFL7486K/02, Software: 000.010.105.000, wireless internet connection

Toengel
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Viewster got a new GUI - and now it's capable of displaying 3D movies (one is for free)!

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Indeed, a new user interface on VIEWSTER an more offerings.

There are quite some “kinky” movies in the free offerings of VIEWSTER.
If children can access this, you better activate the parental lock for this App.

smart
10-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Really much better interface. And many free films!

But some of them are only playable after 22:00. Although they also have a parental lock inside their app and Philips provides one for NetTV apps. So there is 3x security.

Being restricted by only watching some films after 22:00 is a bad thing from my side. I do not have to be protected and want more freedom. There is internal in the viewster app a parental lock and also for NetTV, there is also a parental lock.

Toengel
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi,

I fully agree with smart... due to the parental control within Viewster the restriction should not be available...

Toengel@Alex

Philips - Mark
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Better safe than sorry, but I agree, this is a bit much. We will look into this.

smart
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Yes, I would appreciate a way a full aged customer can watch any video in the time frame he want to watch it. If I rent a video on dvd, which is dedicated to full aged customers, I also have the freedom to watch it on 20:00. Which is great, if you have to get up early in the morning ;)

Verklagekasper
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
The restrictions of Viewster are a German issue only, caused by German law. In order to make adult content viewable at any time of the day, Viewster would have to change the parental lock method in order to comply with German law. Currently, Viewster's parental lock is turned off by default. To comply with German law, the parental lock would always have to be turned on, without an option to turn it off. That's also the method used on ordinary TV channels, eg. there are some programs on Syfy which can be watched before 22:00 only if you enter a 4-digit pin code before, and there is no way to turn that off.
https://recht.nrw.de/lmi/owa/br_bes_text?anw_nr=2&gld_nr=2&ugl_nr=2252&bes_id=5227&aufgehoben=N&menu=1&sg=

Philips - Mark
10-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Confirmed, that is indeed the reason for the time-lock in Germany (only).

smart
10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for all the details on our laws here.

In my personal opinion, this is a little strange, since I can also rent a hardware DVD for full aged only and just leave it lying around where kids do have access. Somebody who can buy a TV and can go into contract with broadband internet access providers should be also responsible for making use of those parental lock mechanism to save the kids...
But this are only my few words on this...

Is there a way for full aged customers to watch adult only films before 22:00 from viewster? Another way to enter a pin or something like that?

bta
10-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi,

I have asked at the VIEWSTER support what is about the parental control. Here is the answer originaly written in German:

Diese Jugendschutzfunktion wurde auf Wunsch eines Geräteherstellers in Deutschland hinzugefügt und ist derzeit nicht abschaltbar. Sie ist getrennt vom „Jugendschutzfilter“ der VIEWSTER App implementiert. Letzterer blendet Filme ab einer gewissen Alterseinstufung aus. Wir arbeiten zurzeit an einer Möglichkeit, Kunden, deren Alter verifiziert wurde, das Ausleihen entsprechender Filme auch vor 22 Uhr zu ermöglichen.

and the translation:

This protection of minors has been added at the request of an equipment manufacturer in Germany and can currently not be disabled. It is implemented separately from the "Parental Control" at VIEWSTER. The latter suppresses films from a certain age classification from being listed. We are currently looking for a way to allow the loan of films to customers whose age was approved also earlier than 10 pm.

Regards
bta

Nettle
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
The picture quality is much worse than with all DVB-T MPEG2 streams. Would it be possible to make it at least a bit better?

I'm agree with Xtreme: the video quality is disappointing.

The video quality is as the actual NET TV's You tube.

Please increase the video definition.

regards

frgall
10-13-2011, 08:25 AM
This is a universal video store for all devices!
No need for an SD-card in the TV. 2009 TV’s can join as well!
This store is still in the trial phase. We start with B-rated movies. Prices are low.
When you are pleased with the performance, we will expand the offerings.
The faster your internet connection, the better the response from this application.

Hi
This app looks very nice , i have registered, i have access to the interface, i'm logged but when i try to watch a free movie or a free trailer it doesn't work, i have this message on screen : "erreur de visionnement 0" . I'm in france and i have a 40PFL8605H12.
Thanks for your Help

Nettle
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi
This app looks very nice , i have registered, i have access to the interface, i'm logged but when i try to watch a free movie or a free trailer it doesn't work, i have this message on screen : "erreur de visionnement 0" . I'm in france and i have a 40PFL8605H12.
Thanks for your Help

Hello frgall,

I've got the same issue: same error message. The trailer works on certain films but not in other ones.

Which broadband connection rate have you got?

regards

frgall
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Hello frgall,

I've got the same issue: same error message. The trailer works on certain films but not in other ones.

regards

HI Nettle
I have an ADSL Connection , and 2Mb rate . My tv and mys soundbar are both connected to a wired gigabit network.
regards

Nettle
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
The low "MB rate" is the reason of the failure in my opinion,

regards

frgall
10-15-2011, 09:47 AM
The low "MB rate" is the reason of the failure in my opinion,

regards
Hi
Perharps but my Data Rate Down/Up 2429Kb/320Kb is enough to view perfectly TV on demand or Replay TV in France on my TV through the wired network or other video apps like you-tube for example

Regards

bta
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Hi frgall,

I have the same problem: A down stream around 2M bit per second is enough for tv on demand but viewster stucks. There can Be Weberei reasons for this Problem but Viewster itself recomends 6 M Bit/s. Well I have ordered 6 M bit/s anyway and if is set up I will try viewster again.

Regards
Bta

DerShortyy
02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi,
how do i get Viewster work on my HTS9221? After loging in and trying to run a video the app tells me to that i have to activate my device on Viewster.com but i don't no how...

Nettle
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Hello frgall,

regards

I must say that now, with the 140.46 fw version, the application Viewster is working.

Better usability. With the previous fw version was not possible to watch any film (always an error came after that "play" was chosen).

Now is possible to watch the listed gratis films.

Regards