PDA

View Full Version : PC(Ethernet) or Media Manager not visible on AirStudio

jmckeown
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
The PC is connected to a Virgin Router via Ethernet, but isn't visible on the iPhone5 AirStudio screen, either as a source (bottom of screen) or as Media Manager (top of screen)

There are other items that work ok.

An iPhone5
An iPad Mini
An Ipad 3
A MacBook Pro

The speaker is an AW3000.

When I load Media Manager on the MacBook Pro, it works fine.

When I load Media Manager on the PC, it doesn't work.

AirStudio
I can't see the PC on AirStudio as a device to play music (at the bottom of the screen). I can see all of the other devices and pick up music from any of them.

I can't see the Media Manager loaded on the PC at the top of the screen. The Media Manager loaded on the MacBook Pro appears at the top of the screen.

Can anyone help please?

fromsomewhere
01-31-2013, 01:44 AM
The PC is connected to a Virgin Router via Ethernet, but isn't visible on the iPhone5 AirStudio screen, either as a source (bottom of screen) or as Media Manager (top of screen)

There are other items that work ok.

An iPhone5
An iPad Mini
An Ipad 3
A MacBook Pro

The speaker is an AW3000.

When I load Media Manager on the MacBook Pro, it works fine.

When I load Media Manager on the PC, it doesn't work.

AirStudio
I can't see the PC on AirStudio as a device to play music (at the bottom of the screen). I can see all of the other devices and pick up music from any of them.

I can't see the Media Manager loaded on the PC at the top of the screen. The Media Manager loaded on the MacBook Pro appears at the top of the screen.

Can anyone help please?

Hi

The PC should appear on the lower side in the line for music sources. Hope you have set right folders for sharing & do not have a firewall on the pC that blocks it. Looks to be more a PC side problem. As a trial you can try other apps like Twonky or plugplayer whether they can see the PC. If they also cannot, then need to look on PC side.