PDA

View Full Version : The LED on the AW9000 blinks red/amber.

Antifouling
01-29-2013, 05:54 PM
The AW9000 is not working, the LED blinks red/amber and the manual doesn't explain this error code. What does that mean and what should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Volume
01-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Does it happen when power on ? If yes, you may try to unplug the power cord -> connect the Ethernet cable to your router and then plug the power cord to turn on the device. See if it can be recovered.

Toengel
01-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Hi,

LEDs: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6348-Tip-What-do-the-colors-of-the-LED-light-mean

Toengel@Alex

Antifouling
01-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Does it happen when power on ? If yes, you may try to unplug the power cord -> connect the Ethernet cable to your router and then plug the power cord to turn on the device. See if it can be recovered.

Here's what I tried:

It happens with power on. Unplugged the power cord, connected the Ethernet cable to my router and plugged power cord to turn on the device. No recovering takes place.

I also have tried to unplug the power cord and pushed the #1 radiostation button, plug the power cord again and kept on pushing the button for quite a long time. Doesn't work either.

Antifouling
01-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi,

LEDs: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?6348-Tip-What-do-the-colors-of-the-LED-light-mean

Toengel@Alex

There's no explanation about the LED blinking red and amber alternatively, only a solid red LED is explained.

Philips - QK
01-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Here's what I tried:

It happens with power on. Unplugged the power cord, connected the Ethernet cable to my router and plugged power cord to turn on the device. No recovering takes place.

I also have tried to unplug the power cord and pushed the #1 radiostation button, plug the power cord again and kept on pushing the button for quite a long time. Doesn't work either.

Dear Antifouling,

We would like to understand the LED behavior during reset. Would you please advise?
LED implication: www.supportforum.philips.com/...LED-light-mean

Kind regards,
Philips Moderation Team

Antifouling
01-30-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi,
During reset, de LED behaves as follows: First,the LED blinks amber 6 times and then blinks red/amber alternatively.
This occured after a software upgrade. In the airstudio app I got the message: Broken connection.

The Philips manual only explanes the solid red LED status, not the amber/red blinking

Regards.

fromsomewhere
01-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Hi,
During reset, de LED behaves as follows: First,the LED blinks amber 6 times and then blinks red/amber alternatively.
This occured after a software upgrade. In the airstudio app I got the message: Broken connection.

The Philips manual only explanes the solid red LED status, not the amber/red blinking

Regards.

Hi

Probably it will be good to re-do the network installation again. If your router supports WPS, it should be a 2 minute job.

Antifouling
01-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi

Probably it will be good to re-do the network installation again. If your router supports WPS, it should be a 2 minute job.

Hi,
Tried that, doesn't connect. LED status amber/red.
Thanks

Toengel
01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi,

for testing, just connect your AW via LAN cable. Then make a firmware update.

Toengel@Alex

Antifouling
01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi,

for testing, just connect your AW via LAN cable. Then make a firmware update.

Toengel@Alex

Hi,
Please read earlier message, tried that. I called Philips support. The device will be picked up tomorrow for repair.

Thank you.

Blechtrottel
01-31-2013, 02:37 AM
Hi.
Just leave the unit for 30 minutes or so connected with a LAN-cable to the router.
If it doesn't become normal -- back to service. Non explained LED-colors could mean some HW or FW damage ...

Antifouling
01-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi.
Just leave the unit for 30 minutes or so connected with a LAN-cable to the router.
If it doesn't become normal -- back to service. Non explained LED-colors could mean some HW or FW damage ...

Hi, i have called Philips support. The device will be picked up and repaired.
Thank you.