PDA

View Full Version : BDP5500/12 missing some apps?

deetee
01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi there,

I just bought the BDP5500 blu-ray device last week to be able to watch Video Futur VOD (France) through the app which should be available. However the app is not visible on the main screen nor available in the App Gallery. However... the Net TV software UI looks to be a little dated and the 4 coloured buttons are half cut off at the bottom of the screen, even though my screen settings are 100% correct in the player's set up. My software version is current (v3.53) and yet something must be awry.

Please let me know how I may correct this.
I don't hold out much hope as the rate of reply in this forum seems pretty dire!

Many thanks.

Toengel
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi,

when the color buttons are not fully visible, you need to setup your TV to unscaled. Some TVs also can change the borders of the image. The BDP always outputs the whole resolution.

For missing VOD - I think a future firmware update is required.

Toengel@Alex

deetee
02-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Thanks, I shall be patient then and wait for the firmware update. The screen is now sorted too; I set the TV to Screen Fit. I'm surprised the BDP5500 does not output the NetTV menu at 1080p, the vertical resolution seems somewhat larger.

Toengel
02-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi,

as far as I know, NetTV is 702p - but I'm not sure.

Toengel@Alex

vikilab
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
NET TV is dependent on the resolution, which is chosen from the menu of player. Youtube App work HD stream in 1080p or 720p... The same goes for other services likely :(

deetee
03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks for helping me with the res, that works fine now. :o

However I'm still hitting my head against a brick wall with the missing Video Futur app.
VF themselves are looking into it but I'm getting absolutely nowhere.
I see other new apps regularly but this one evades me.
Just updated my BDP5500/12 to the latest firmware and still no joy. :(

Toengel
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Hi,

try to open "WWW.hbbig.com" in the Internet app - maybe you will find your app there...

Toengel@Alex