PDA

View Full Version : 46PFL9705H Streaming Media Problem

dcoronil
02-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone!

I got my new set 2 days ago and the first I did was upgrade the FW to the last one I found in the support page. I have my set connected to the local network through a PLC with static IP. I am having problems finding the Windows Media Server 12 and play the media from my PC. Sometomes the TV find the server with no problem and sometimes the looking for media server appears on the TV and is not finding anything. Also, I was watching a video fo half an hour and suddlenly stops playing and the same screen of looking for media server appears.

Do you know what is going on?

I am quite happy with my TV set so far, but for ONE dead pixel it has!! Is is common to any of you have a dead pixel on it? Is there something I can do about it?

There is another thing. As being wathing tv for a while, the menus turn to move very slow. When switch the TV off and re-start, the menu speed return to normal. Do I have a faulty TV, is it happening to you too?

Thank you all.

Jomsp
02-18-2011, 11:36 AM
If you have an Internet connection on your TV, do not download the latest software from the support page, as the TV will detect and automatically updated (see the user manual.)

The recommendation is to have DHCP enabled for the connection to occur correctly (see the user manual.) Try to set up connections with DHCP enabled, both the router and PC.

Regards

FrTed
02-19-2011, 05:23 PM
hi
try installing http://xbmc.org/download/
on your pc
Cheers
T

dcoronil
02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Hello again.

I have tried different types of DLNA servers (free and not free) and everytime the same error occur.

I have tested the DLNA server through a PS3 with the same net configuration and it works perfect!! So I am pretty sure is the TV.
Also, I was listen to music thorugh the TV from WMP12. When I mute the screen, and return to the server music files, cannot longer be played and no server is found.

I am sure that is a faulty TV so please, any stuff from Philips here, clue me what to do!!

Thanks

FrTed
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi,

Is the Tv connected wired or wireless?

Cheers
T

dcoronil
02-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi,

Is the Tv connected wired or wireless?

Cheers
T

It is connected wired through a PLC as the PS3, Xbox360 and a media HDD. All of them work great with the WMP12.

Cheers

FrTed
02-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi dcoronil

sorry for my ignorance what is a PLC? Programmable Logic Controller?

Cheers
T

dcoronil
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
No worries FrTed

Power line communication, it is a network over electrical power lines. SO I connect me ethernet cable to a PLC and that to the electrical power plug. Then the other PLC to my router with another ethernet cable. So I can have a wired connection far away faster than a wireles connection.

Cheers

uabtorw
03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi dcornonil.
Did you have any sucess here yet? I have and have had the same problem with my 37PFL8605H. I have an older 42PFL7603 connected to the same net via an Xbox, and this seems to be more keen to find the NAS.
If you find out something, please send a post to me.
Tor

dcoronil
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Hi uabtorw

I have a new TV set. I have changed the ethernet switch that is connected from the PLC to the rest of devices (PS3, XBOX360, Kiss and so on). Now the TV finds (quite often) the windows media server and I can play most of the contents. Unfortunatly, i could not watch a complete movie on it, since it stops working at about 3/4 of the movie. This is quite rare and not explainable to me.

I am starting to think that could be a router problem, but I can not change it to another as is a IPTV router.

If anyone has any similar problem, please let me know.