PDA

View Full Version : Does Shoqbox SB7300 support apt-x codec?

halmo20
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Title says it all...

Kiro
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
well... since it is just a speaker, if your device is able to play Apt-x files and to send them via Bluetooth it should work...

halmo20
02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
well... since it is just a speaker, if your device is able to play Apt-x files and to send them via Bluetooth it should work...

So are you saying it does support apt-x? Have you been told this by Philips? Tech support representative couldn't confirm or deny it.
It's so frustrating not to get a definite answer to such simple question...
My source device does support apt-x by the way.

Kiro
02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Halmo,

I haven't ask Philips for this, it is just my personal believe due to the fact that the device is a Bluetooth speaker and not a player....

halmo20
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Halmo,

I haven't ask Philips for this, it is just my personal believe due to the fact that the device is a Bluetooth speaker and not a player....

Actually, shocqbox, or any bluetooth speaker is a player. That it receives digital signal via bluetooth, decodes it, then plays through the speakers built in.
apt-x is a newer codec used for bluetooth that enhances the sound quality to the level of CD. I believe that the codec is currently owned by Samsung through it's acquisition of wireless division of CSR. I have two bluetooth receivers one from sony and one from Samsung and the one from samsung supports apt-x and I can tell the sound quality difference....
I've read somewhere that socqbox supported apt-x but still haven't found definite answer.
This link shows all the devices that support codec but Philips is not listed...

http://www.jessebandersen.com/2012/05/list-of-apt-x-compatible-devices.html

Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 06:39 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina