PDA

View Full Version : Does Shoqbox SB7300 support apt-x codec?

halmo20
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
Title says it all...

Kiro
02-05-2013, 08:42 AM
well... since it is just a speaker, if your device is able to play Apt-x files and to send them via Bluetooth it should work...

halmo20
02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
well... since it is just a speaker, if your device is able to play Apt-x files and to send them via Bluetooth it should work...

So are you saying it does support apt-x? Have you been told this by Philips? Tech support representative couldn't confirm or deny it.
It's so frustrating not to get a definite answer to such simple question...
My source device does support apt-x by the way.

Kiro
02-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Hi Halmo,

I haven't ask Philips for this, it is just my personal believe due to the fact that the device is a Bluetooth speaker and not a player....

halmo20
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi Halmo,

I haven't ask Philips for this, it is just my personal believe due to the fact that the device is a Bluetooth speaker and not a player....

Actually, shocqbox, or any bluetooth speaker is a player. That it receives digital signal via bluetooth, decodes it, then plays through the speakers built in.
apt-x is a newer codec used for bluetooth that enhances the sound quality to the level of CD. I believe that the codec is currently owned by Samsung through it's acquisition of wireless division of CSR. I have two bluetooth receivers one from sony and one from Samsung and the one from samsung supports apt-x and I can tell the sound quality difference....
I've read somewhere that socqbox supported apt-x but still haven't found definite answer.
This link shows all the devices that support codec but Philips is not listed...

http://www.jessebandersen.com/2012/05/list-of-apt-x-compatible-devices.html