PDA

View Full Version : Does MCi8080 work without internet connection?

ktuluorion1
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi there,
First post - could be a very stupid one, but i don't know a definitive answer, so here goes...

I just moved into a new house, which does not yet have a phone line or any kind of internet/satellite capabilities set up yet.

I have plugged in my MCi8080 and it tries to connect to a network, but obviously fails because there isn't one for it to connect to. It then freezes and basically doesn't do anything at all and i have to turn it off at the wall.

Can i use the system without any network connection? it seems like the answer is no, and if that's the case i'm quite surprised - hence hoping that i'm being stupid!

Thanks

jphenrick
02-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi there

yes the unit will finction normally without any internet or network connection

if you do a reset to factory settings it will remove the stored connection which you can set up again later

John

ktuluorion1
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi there

yes the unit will finction normally without any internet or network connection

if you do a reset to factory settings it will remove the stored connection which you can set up again later

John

I will try this tonight - thank you very much. The only thing I'm worried about is when I turn the machine on, it attempts to connect to a network immediately and then freezes quite soon after and it seems to be a time-based freeze, so hopefully I can get to the Factory Settings and reset it in that time...

It would've been very strange for it to only work with an internet connection.

Thank you again!

Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina