PDA

View Full Version : Does MCi8080 work without internet connection?

ktuluorion1
02-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi there,
First post - could be a very stupid one, but i don't know a definitive answer, so here goes...

I just moved into a new house, which does not yet have a phone line or any kind of internet/satellite capabilities set up yet.

I have plugged in my MCi8080 and it tries to connect to a network, but obviously fails because there isn't one for it to connect to. It then freezes and basically doesn't do anything at all and i have to turn it off at the wall.

Can i use the system without any network connection? it seems like the answer is no, and if that's the case i'm quite surprised - hence hoping that i'm being stupid!

Thanks

jphenrick
02-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi there

yes the unit will finction normally without any internet or network connection

if you do a reset to factory settings it will remove the stored connection which you can set up again later

John

ktuluorion1
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Hi there

yes the unit will finction normally without any internet or network connection

if you do a reset to factory settings it will remove the stored connection which you can set up again later

John

I will try this tonight - thank you very much. The only thing I'm worried about is when I turn the machine on, it attempts to connect to a network immediately and then freezes quite soon after and it seems to be a time-based freeze, so hopefully I can get to the Factory Settings and reset it in that time...

It would've been very strange for it to only work with an internet connection.

Thank you again!