PDA

View Full Version : Experience Thread - FW 150.83 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012

Philips - Benedickte
02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi all,

The new FW is now live.
For detailed technical feedback, please use this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10720-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-83-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=51666#post51666).

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

QF1EU-0.150.83.0

Improvement on robustness for files(.jpg) via usb stick.
Solution for the predefined channel lists of Sky in Germany/Austria and Switzerland.
Improvement to connect via WIFI to Lynksys router WRT54GC.
Improvement for Electronic Program Guide.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Quicksilver86
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Why is the backlight flickering still present?

mrb1972
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
That's a little bit disappointing, I don't think this update addresses the back light flicker at all, I assume they are still working on it (i hope) - I will have to stay on 133.5 for now

leukocyt
02-05-2013, 09:21 AM
That's it?
Huge disappointment.
None of the issues were resolved.

It seems like Philips is not planning to fix anything at all.

peter_1975
02-05-2013, 10:21 AM
That's it?
Huge disappointment.
None of the issues were resolved.

It seems like Philips is not planning to fix anything at all.

It seems any fw won't fix the flicker cause of the hw error. Still remaining a helpless case. Corngratulation philips :mad:

Theodor
02-05-2013, 11:15 AM
2012 seems to be the beginning of the end for Philips TVs as we known. Follow from the start this discussion with the hope that it will solve many problems of my 55pfl8007. Today I realize that will be no more added features that keep sets apart from premium brands but bugs will not be solved in the future. Indeed, as others have written on this forum seems to be a joke and here is no support for TV owners. I am very disappointed.

I forgot to mention that television is the third after the first two had problems with freezing, dead pixels and very pronounced DSE.

I want to say that the shop where I bought, the biggest online store in my country, no longer keep expensive Philips TVs in stock. I think that says a lot.

metedoruk
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
1-TV menu is very slow.
2-Remote controller feedbacks are so slow. The TV sound is slow when up/down
3-Smart TV doesn't support Flash Player powered internet pages. Smart menü is very slow.
4-The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward
keys sometimes get locked and don't work.
5-Password channels on CI+ module don't operate when TV is turned on after being turned off.
The card on CI+ module needs re-altaching after being detached.
6-Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.
7-Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime
light in films go in to night time lights and vice versa.

james87
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
for example of 10 errors have been detected on the image quality and 3d. and not one in this update aparace call it that. this looks very very bad!

Philips - Benedickte
02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
for example of 10 errors have been detected on the image quality and 3d. and not one in this update aparace call it that. this looks very very bad!

Hi James.

Please see the PM i've sent you.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Kurtan79
02-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Hi,

When will this update will be released in sweden? Can't find no update as of right now...

Theodor
02-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi,

When will this update will be released in sweden? Can't find no update as of right now...

You can download existing file from philips.se. It isn't yet updated the name but inside is new firmware.

mesutismail
02-05-2013, 12:54 PM
disappointment :-(

emer
02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
still the same ...

1. HDNM that Philips's big defeat - picture looks like a "theater" + artifacts

2. All the time I turn OFF that HDNM - after turn off/on TV HDNM is ... ON (in menu is false OFF - but is ON) !!
I need turn ON, and after that turn OFF - and now is really OFF.
After off/on TV is back to the same.

3. I can't switch ON ambilight Lounge Light.

The most important bugs and errors in HDNM - Philips not improved at ALL.

acidduck
02-05-2013, 03:36 PM
2. All the time I turn OFF that HDNM - after turn off/on TV HDNM is ... ON (in menu is false OFF - but is ON) !!
I need turn ON, and after that turn OFF - and now is really OFF.
After off/on TV is back to the same.

I can confirm this issue. Along with dynamic backlight flicker that's the two most annoying bugs in my opinion.

I think it's about time the moderators made a sticky of confirmed issues, and what currently is beeing worked on.

You can't keep on leaving people in the dark, who paid a lot of money for a television set.

georgor
02-05-2013, 06:13 PM
I think,
I've written a lot on this page problems, to no avail.
nothing was done.

Many 100s of bugs and request.

but an unnecessary update.

'm angry, I'm sorry, I'm unhappy. I'm desperate.
slow and problems are left with a menu again.

adymoritz
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Philips - Benedickte
Disappointment. Very, very disappointment.
Nothing good. Same problems. Everyday I check the site for a new FW. Now I have to wait another 2 months or .... return now TV.

kagerok
02-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Ok, with new firmware, i found something interesting.

Still the same bug 5pix shift to the right on pc and game mode.
3D is still buggy in game and pc mode BUT i find a trick now ( don't know if it's working on the previous firmware ) .
If i manualy enable 3D with this method :
1 - push 3D button and activate 2D 3D conversion
2- Then change to 3D Side by side ( or top bottom depend of the source image )
The 3D look almost perfect, no no out of sync movement which give headache, just tiny little stutter sometimes. But but.... the input lag is biiigg !! Video games are unplayable, on PS3, PC or XBOX 360. So i figured out what the problem:confused:

When 3D is activate with game or computer mode, the input lag is better ( almost playable but not so good) but the picture is bad and there's some out of sync movement, the same bad picture if i enable HDNM in normal mode.
Now, if i do the trick i said before, 3D will be better and image is perfect, but input lag is strong and seems the same input lag as normal mode.
Indeed, the trick i found disable game mode and computer, even if i change it on the menu, it won't work, it's still the same high input lag like normal mode.

Normaly, with 3D disable, if i try to switch to game===> normal====> computer===>game ===> normal the TV will go black for a few seconde each time before switching.

But with 3D enable, when i try to switch to game ===> normal ( tv goes black a few sec ) then ===> game or computer nothing append...it stick to normal mode ( with HDNM off ) so the process to compensate input lag doesn't work anymore.

In the end, i think this TV doesn't work proprely in 3D with game and pc mode, and give a messy picture, out of sync... And all of this is because it use HDNM to make the input lag compensation. And you know... HDNM+3D for now it's a bad combination.

Please Philips, correct the input lag when 3D is on.

georgor
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Why is it on TV interlaced mode: off

whereas for tv broadcasts should be automatic.
or to be on-off setting.
many of the TV doing it.

Subtitles vibrating in different publications.

Motionflow also result if a minimum image pixels, is garbled.
mixed-images.

Manuj
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I bet the software team is working on product development and not on current bugs. We'll see that during MWC if I'm wrong. No real major corrections since september... but regressions that still make the 133.5 better.

@kagerok : great job. I'm dying to test this tonight when I get back home.

acidduck
02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I bet the software team is working on product development and not on current bugs.

I'm getting tired of 'betting'. Why can't any one INFORM us of, which bugs we can expect beeing fixed?

Why is it so hard to give us that information?

I'm not asking for deadlines - just asking for a confirmation from Philips, that these things (backlight flicker etc...) will be fixed.

peter_1975
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
@Picture flicker:
Guys, let's try the picture settings with cinema mode, in my opinion flicker remaining, noticeable, but less... But of course it doesn't change the worst quality of tv i ever bought:(

We have an improved EPG, yuppie
We have an improved usb management, yuppie

But
We still (more than half a year) haven't any solution for HDNM, well done philips
We still haven't a clear 100Hz picture, nothing magic philips, just a smooth picture we want. ?
We still have a perfect unusable menu, with an unusable remote methodology and a high blood pressue. Well done philips.
We (not) have an unusable internet tv... you called smart, but i should called silly tv, with a dozens of frozen app. Well done:(
Etc...,etc...

There are no, and there will be NO answers for all of our MAJOR problem's ... well, not in vain.

Corngratulations :mad:

Manuj
02-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm getting tired of 'betting'. Why can't any one INFORM us of, which bugs we can expect beeing fixed?

Why is it so hard to give us that information?

I'm not asking for deadlines - just asking for a confirmation from Philips, that these things (backlight flicker etc...) will be fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also as much disappointed as you are.
Lack of information is the worst to be done in my opinion.

Concerning HDNM, remember that we had, for once, some official statement (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=46919&viewfull=1#post46919) from Philips.
Best part of it was at the end :
Our final conclusion is that our 2012 models fully behave as specified, and are at least on par with (and in some cases better than) competition on Picture Quality.

So anyone expecting a correction on HDNM may be forever frustrated.

georgor
02-06-2013, 05:59 PM
"Technical feedback for FW 150.83 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012" section wrote articles are not running.

White pages opened in their lives ...
No problem that did not improve.

37 years old. electronic engineer.
I have not seen such a bad software.
I'm sorry, but unfortunately it is.

dissolved in everything they do from the beginning.

fw re-written.
fw everything that's problematic.

In order to understand the problems go watch any tv yi dealer.

Please make a new fw, but now seamlessly.
Remove unnecessary features.

I have not got to remove the USB device content, image video, etc..
Do not bother with empty unnecessary work.

acidduck
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
White pages opened in their lives ....

Say what?

Are you using google translate for your postings?
If so, please try to correct them - they're a bit hard to take serious.

georgor
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Sorry.
I am having trouble to write a lot.

"white pages turn in his life," he has a statement.
life "begin again" is used to mean.

but none of the problems did not improve.

All the articles we wrote pages and pages in 150.82, 150.83 in the current.
the problems of transfer to a new page, please.

Because there is no problem solved.
slow, problematic faulty software.
fast channel change, the problem of rest when required.

motion is flow image degradation.
is the problem of dynamic backlight horizontal lines.

floating subtitles shaking.
this event is called the problem of deinterlaced.

If you are prompted all solved.
Why solved.

other TVs do not have these problems.

Using smart TV torture.

NaC
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM
It is very disappointing. I really thought Philips do their best to solve the main major problems which are the HDNM artifacts and backlight flickering. I guess I was wrong, and I think our TVs will remain with all the unsolved issues.
It is time to give up with all our requests. Philips doesn't really care about their customers, why they are asking for our input and feedbacks, when they do nothing to solve them, it is not clear to me.
This forum and all our comments are useless.
My next TV will probably be not Philips.

georgor
02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
backlight flickering = applied to deinterlaced TV.

Theodor
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM
There is a minimal possibility in the future to read MKW files with dts sound?
Or asking too much?
:confused:

Philips - Benedickte
02-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi all.

I can confirm that what you have been reporting regarding backlight flickering we are looking into and we will improve the performance to met our and your expectations in an upcomming software update.

The rest you have reported i've passed on further and I will update you when I get more information.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Manuj
02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
There is a minimal possibility in the future to read MKW files with dts sound?
Or asking too much?
:confused:

No, you have to re-encode into AC3. A few tools can easily do the job .
Or you have to invest into an external, mature, player.

mrots
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Any update on Viaplay live sports problems (broken according to popup shown every time we open viaplay app)?

Anyway, it seems 150.083 has fixed the problems playing children movies as described in this thread:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10499-Can-t-watch-some-of-the-movies-or-some-TV

At least the movies that didn't play last week plays ok now-thanks!

Martin R.
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
40PFL7007 - Not to happy with new FW. Now I have a problem with turning tv on by remote control. I can do this only by tv buttons or old infrared remote. :-(

georgor
02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Hi all.

I can confirm that what you have been reporting regarding backlight flickering we are looking into and we will improve the performance to met our and your expectations in an upcomming software update.

The rest you have reported i've passed on further and I will update you when I get more information.

Best regards,
Benedickte

hopefully again.
thank you.
We do not want the animation menu.
We do not want to fill the unnecessary graphics Ram.

We have only the equivalent of as much as other TVs (speed, smarttv, and image quality) want.

Bennes
02-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I have a 46pfl9707S/12 TV

Nice update ;-(
Every time i watch tv from my streamer and switch over to TV it does not connect...
Trying to connect CI+ and smartcard (Ziggo) ... waiting for minutes.
Black screen with only this message...
Great..

What happend with this update...
Everytime I change to TV it comes with

Hi all,

The new FW is now live.
For detailed technical feedback, please use this thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10720-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-83-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=51666#post51666).

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

QF1EU-0.150.83.0

Improvement on robustness for files(.jpg) via usb stick.
Solution for the predefined channel lists of Sky in Germany/Austria and Switzerland.
Improvement to connect via WIFI to Lynksys router WRT54GC.
Improvement for Electronic Program Guide.

Best regards,
Benedickte

martytv
02-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Dynamic backlighting might be a bit tricky to get right, however the current firmware implementation is just too bad.

Please fix this issue, this is an urgent matter.

Philips - Benedickte
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
40PFL7007 - Not to happy with new FW. Now I have a problem with turning tv on by remote control. I can do this only by tv buttons or old infrared remote. :-(

Hi Martin.

Have you tried re-pairing the remote with your TV? If not, try this and please post the result of this :)

Best regards,
Benedickte

LbL!
02-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Have you tried re-pairing the remote with your TV? If not, try this and please post the result of this :)

Hi!

Perhaps then you should tell us HOW to do that ... ?! :-)

And since this new version, something happend that never happend before with my 47pfl6067t/12, it rebooted itself suddenly at 23:38 last night while i was watching.

When it comes back again, the time is shown as 23:35 instead of the real time of 23:39.

And then everything seems 'normal' again, 'normal' for this sloooooow software, that is.
I have no idea why it suddenly decided to reboot itself ...

I'm tired of the slow Start Up of the Tv.
Why does it have to put up a huuuge window that - misspelled - say's that it has Authenticated the CAM every start?

I'm really not that interested in what the Tv does strictly technical, so just make that huuuuge window just a pure TEXT note instead, Thanx!

And "AutentiSering" it should read in Swedish, not the misspelled version it has now.
I've already reported this to the Swedish support, but apperantly they don't reported it, even though they said they should ...

And why isn't the subtitling working?

Ok, it works, IF one triggers it ON, by either pushing the TeleText button, or by switching with the Subtitles On/Auto/Off button.

But when i set the subtitling ON or AUTO for e.g. BBC Entertainment, and then switch to Svt1 (Swedish, that subtitles even Swedish programs in Swedish [for people with Hearing problems] via TeleText, like BBC does too), the subtitles remains ON, even though i set them to be AUTO.

But i don't need subtitling for Swedish programs on the Swedish channel Svt1.
Instead the AUTO option should mean that if i'm on a channel that has the sound set for the language the Tv is installed for (in my case; Swedish), the AUTO should mean that it does NOT turn the subtitles on if the channel is Swedish.

But when i switch to BBC or Travel, THEN the AUTO should know they are English spoken channels, and therefor turn ON the subtitling AUTOmatically.

And WHY doesn't it Record subtitles? REALLY Lousy, since then the recordings of foreign language channels ain't very useful at all!
PLEEEASE Fix!

And also make it possible to turn OFF the ever on-going background recording of the channel one's watching at the moment!

I don't need that, and it sure as hell will wear out the USB HDD very fast, and it also uses expensive electricity for no good reason!

/Thanx!

Philips - Benedickte
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi!

Perhaps then you should tell us HOW to do that ... ?! :-)

Hi LbL

How to pair (re-pair) the remote with your TV:

1. Turn TV on
2. Have remote close to TV (10cm or closer)
3. Press the red + blue button down at the same time and hold down untill pairing completed appears on screen. ( normally a couple of seconds).

This will also be needed to do when you have changed batteries in your remote.

Best regards,
Benedickte

NaC
02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I have just read a review pf Philips 55PFL6007 from CNET UK:
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/philips-55pfl6007-review-50010374/

from this review:
"The motion processing also tends to introduce some flickering on the edges of objects. All motion processing systems tend to suffer to some degree with this, but the Philips system used here looks worse and is more intrusive than Sony's system on the similarly priced 55HX853".

Remember Philips official notification re HDNM artifacts:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?7088-47pfl6877t&p=46919&viewfull=1#post46919
"Our final conclusion is that our 2012 models fully behave as specified, and are at least on par with (and in some cases better than) competition on Picture Quality".

So as we can see, Philips' natural motion processing is not as mentioned by official notification from Philips.
Recently, I reviewed many users' reviews including here in this forum, and it seems that the motion processing became even worst compared to older Philips TV models.
I'm wondering now if Philips has changed their HDNM algorithm in 2012 TV models..

I will be grateful if Philips could answer this question and reply to the above,
Thank you

Martin R.
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi LbL

How to pair (re-pair) the remote with your TV:

1. Turn TV on
2. Have remote close to TV (10cm or closer)
3. Press the red + blue button down at the same time and hold down untill pairing completed appears on screen. ( normally a couple of seconds).

This will also be needed to do when you have changed batteries in your remote.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Thanks to you Benedicte, I discover the battery problem. Maybe it's strange, but from short distance, have you specified, I can turn on the tv by remote. Turning off work from a long distance, other buttons too. Replacing the battery helped. It's just a coincidence (battery and new FW). Sorry for that.

Now everything work fine.

02-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Hi!

And since this new version, something happend that never happend before with my 47pfl6067t/12, it rebooted itself suddenly at 23:38 last night while i was watching.

When it comes back again, the time is shown as 23:35 instead of the real time of 23:39.

And then everything seems 'normal' again, 'normal' for this sloooooow software, that is.
I have no idea why it suddenly decided to reboot itself ...

Same thing happened in my house the other day. In the middle of a movie it reboots itself for no other reason than to annoy my family.
-Daaaad. The tv went black! Oooohhh!!! why??? DAAAAD!!!
And again i feel like a fool in front of my beloved ones, for buying this tv...;-)

(New firmware was installed)

acidduck
02-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I can confirm this issue. I cant describe any pattern, it just happens now and then. Often I have to pull and plugin the power to live up the tv again, other times it just reboots itself.

Btw, Im still running 150.82. So this wasnt introduced in v150.83.

This is so sad. Its a bloddy television!

Theres simply no excuse for letting us suffer for so long.

georgor
02-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Why in the world are using the slowest TV software?
Is there a reset when changing the TV channel in the world?

When testing this tv, which were based on the TV?
TVs in 2012?

dj.m
02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello,

issue:
crackling sound issue when changing TV or RADIO channel on the FREEBOX v5 is still present

improvement:
EPG is still not usefull , unable to program recurrent recording
Unable to program 100% manualy recording when EPG is not available
Unable to play recording when EPG is not available

Best Regards

JeroenSt
02-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi Benedickte,

Today I saw your reply on my forum posts, I didn't get a notification so that's why I'm late with responding...

Hi JeroenSt.

Here is some answeres for what you are experiencing:

1. When switching from scart to HDMI (1) the sound is still coming from scart, not from HDMI (1) when no audio is send by HDMI device.

2. Much apps don't exit by using the back button, they stay running for example, uitzending gemist (by pressing red button), videoland and youtube apps do this.

3. User interface is a little slow in my opinion, it's not responding very fast and doesn't smoothly scroll

4. The blue bar which is shown then waiting and going from left to right and back for a while has a blue glow, but this blue glow is cut off by the box (it's not nicely fading out, but cut off at 25% density or somewhat)

5. Ambilight can't stay on in stand-by mode, when pressing the ambilight button the ambilight setting is changed (of, dynamic, static) while screen is off.
Please see the following link regarding this.

6. When playing from a DLNA source audio is sometimes not supported
Please check the supported audio codecs for the different extensions files, found in the User manual under Multimedia.

7. Audio stops for 500 ms a few times a minute and continues when using multi channel audio output over spdif
Have you tried any other audio output? If so, which ones and what is the result of this?
The're is only 1 spdif output on my television... I also tried another cable without success.. Multichannel with dvd player over same cable to same receiver is gives no problem.

9. When in a menu on the bottom pressing the down button again doesn't go to the top of the list, and when on the top of the list pressing the up button again doesn't go to the botom of the list.
This is normal behavior.

11. TV goes automatically on without doing anything
Do you have “Quick start” “ON”? If so, please turn this “OFF”.
Yes it's on, but the problem was an HDMI device that put's the television on even though I disabled all HDMI communication in the television..

12. TV goes to software update screen without doing anything
What do you mean by “goes to software update screen”? Any message coming up? If so what and what do you press?
The problem was an HDMI device even though I disabled all HDMI communication in the television...

Some of the other you are experincing is already reported to development. Please wait for further SW updates.

Best regards,
Benedickte

I also found some more issues:

13. Dynamic Background illumination lets the screen flicker sometimes

14. Zapping between (HD) channels is slow

15. I have a darker area in the middle of the screen mostly noticeable at the top, this bothers me a lot... Is this normal, or is it a defect panel and should it be replaced?

Thanks for support, I hope problems get solved quickly.

martytv
02-12-2013, 07:18 AM
15. I have a darker area in the middle of the screen mostly noticeable at the top, this bothers me a lot... Is this normal, or is it a defect panel and should it be replaced?

1) put a 1920x1080 grey picture (grey picture = uniform grey everywhere, create it with your computer) on a USB key and plug it on the TV. The picture must not be white, it must be a dark colour.

2) visualize this picture with the TV, from a distance, eg. 3-4 ft

3) now look very closely at the exact center-top of the panel. You should see two tiny vertical lines/strokes about 1 inch apart from each other.

Do you see them? I would bet these things have something to do with the uniformity issues (if any)

I have a 42 inch TV. Not sure if this can be seen with other TV sizes.

maxcarpone
02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
The more I use the TV and the more I discover problems!

Ok, I updated the firmware and as expected, there is not any correction to our problems and since I found other things which are annoying me!

So here the list :

1/ HDNM and stuff are still enabled even if the TV says it's not. It happens each time we start the TV on.
2/ Troubles to read DivX files, stuttering, cracking noises, etc (My 2011 Philips TV doesn't have theses problems!)
3/ Total mess with MKV files! It doesn't read well and I don't talk about the subtitles!
4/ TV menu is really slow...
5/ When I watch a TV film on the French TV and I want it in original version : TV switches well to English but if I want the subtitles in French I have to switch to another TV channel then come back to get it to work! Otherwise, subtitles do not appear!
6/ At the end of the film, if the next one is not available in original version, there is no sound anymore coming from TV! I have to switch to another TV channel then come back to the previous one to get it to work!!!
6/ If I play a video file from a computer linked to the TV by the VGA slot, there are some strange lines crossing the screen. It looks like vertical synchronisation switch off in computer games on PC.
7/ As people said there is a 5 or more pixels missing on the right side of the screen when I use the TV as a computer screen. The "moving screen" features doesn't help at all....

Thanks for fixing all these problems!

jeik
02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Hello everybody , about the mooving screen future .... does not work normal , I tried several times to move the frame slight to the left , saving it by the return button, but after a picture format (16:9/wide/extra wide, etc) or change to game/PC , or turn off the TV ,it turns to its default spot.

My FW is 150.82

Additionally , I tried to update the FW to 150.83 but I read: ''your FW is the latest'' ,is this update only for Specific areas (Netherland maybe ?)

LbL!
02-15-2013, 08:46 AM
5/ When I watch a TV film on the French TV and I want it in original version : TV switches well to English but if I want the subtitles in French I have to switch to another TV channel then come back to get it to work! Otherwise, subtitles do not appear!

Hi!

You can trigger the Subs ON by either chosing Subtitles ON/OFF from the Options-Menu, or by simply pressing the Tele-Text Button On and Off. That will swicth ON the Subs if they are set to be ON.

But this is a Bug, that has to be fixed.

It won't work to have Subs set at AUTO, then they never switch on, and when they are set to ON; they are always on, like it is for me while watching a Swedish channel that subtitles for those with Hearing problems - then the Swedish subs are suddenly ON even though they also speak Swedish ...

But if i set the Subs on AUTO, and change channel to BBC or Travel, then the Subs never starts ...
(Unless i Trigger them ON by pushing Tele-Text On and Off ...).

Philips: Please FIX, and also make sure one can RECORD Subtitles!

Or the Recording function is more or less useless!

Htep
02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello all (and espacially french user),

After trying to solve issue and according to the non help of philips, I send a postal mail to the client care service to ask a refund of the TV. i can send you the mail which sum up issues (HDNM, DLNA, slow menu, etc).

Here is the postal adresse, I think that if they receive many claiming they will take into consideration our request.

Philips TV
TP Vision France
CS7002092156 Suresnes Cedex

michaelfix
02-15-2013, 06:19 PM
55 pfl 6007

TV menu is very slow.
The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward

Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.
Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime

Now very tired.

We're sick.

unhappy.

Solve anymore.

We do not want this TV.
regret it.

Sir_Smoke_XIII
02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
I am slowly getting sick of this TV as well...46PFL7007...HDNM issues, motion artefacts, slow menus, , backlight flicker, sound issues....

the list goes on and on

I have paid enough money for this piece of crap.....I wonder if i can still return this TV and get a Samsung instead.

jeik
02-16-2013, 11:29 AM
The best we can do is to sent also an email to the TPV Netherlands .

Sir_Smoke_XIII
02-16-2013, 11:55 AM
The best we can do is to sent also an email to the TPV Netherlands .

Yes possibly.

The best Philips can do is solve this mess. How the hell can they release this hardware without decent software support? And as it is 2013 now i expect the software support to become even worse; the focus will be on the 2013 models soon i fear.

Damn it....solve this shit so i can FINALLY enjoy what i paid for.

Smokey

jeik
02-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Yes possibly.

The best Philips can do is solve this mess. How the hell can they release this hardware without decent software support? And as it is 2013 now i expect the software support to become even worse; the focus will be on the 2013 models soon i fear.

Damn it....solve this shit so i can FINALLY enjoy what i paid for.

Smokey

Hopefully !!!
I beleive that the hardwear is fast enough since it can handle the 3D process ,so we believe in a new SW release with real improvements and no crapy - silly improvements as ''Subtitles issues , type of files etc'' ..... I paid allot for the picture and wait for this expencive picture !!!

I repeat .... every some seconds with setting THE PNM just in minimum picture judders and they know it !!

Sir_Smoke_XIII
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
That's a little bit disappointing, I don't think this update addresses the back light flicker at all, I assume they are still working on it (i hope) - I will have to stay on 133.5 for now

I would like to try that 133.5 firmware too. Can you give me a download link ? Or possibly send it to me?

Thanks!

Smokey

jeik
02-16-2013, 12:13 PM
I would like to try that 133.5 firmware too. Can you give me a download link ? Or possibly send it to me?

Thanks!

Smokey

Me too , where is this FW ??

Sir_Smoke_XIII
02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
:rolleyes:

jeik
02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
In fact ,someone must take very serius all these new year forum members regarding the picture issues .

michaelfix
02-16-2013, 07:56 PM
very tired.
Rewrite this software.
do not want to update. happens, you guys can not. a lot of problems.

program from the beginning.

I used all the different TVs

do not want to exceed this fw is very slow.

Even when the motion mode is at a minimum it deforms the logo actions scenes.

Smart TV is already dead.

a lot of unnecessary pages.
I do not need.

what are these?
is not it a shame?
sin.
torn pages.

jeik
02-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Write a simple software !!!

So new members on January-February just for the same reason !!! issuessssssssssssss

Philips think about it and take under serious consideration !!!

martytv
02-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Hello all (and espacially french user),

After trying to solve issue and according to the non help of philips, I send a postal mail to the client care service to ask a refund of the TV. i can send you the mail which sum up issues (HDNM, DLNA, slow menu, etc).

Here is the postal adresse, I think that if they receive many claiming they will take into consideration our request.

Philips TV
TP Vision France
CS7002092156 Suresnes Cedex
Which kind of problem do you have with DLNA?

michaelfix
02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Receive a comprehensive and radical change now.
a lot of problems.

the menu is not available in

DLNA, epg, HbbTV, etc. ....

they are not important.

we're dealing with bigger problems.

volume up problems, image distortion, very slow, menu, natural pixel motion, dynamic backlight.

deadlocks, contractions

metedoruk
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
1-TV menu is very slow.
3-Smart TV doesn't support Flash Player powered internet pages. Smart menü is very slow.
4-The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward
keys sometimes get locked and don't work.
5-Password channels on CI+ module don't operate when TV is turned on after being turned off.
The card on CI+ module needs re-altaching after being detached.
6-Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.
7-Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime

and easylink problems. ı m sory but very bad tv. because very bad fw.

mesutismail
02-17-2013, 09:37 AM
I wonder when the new software is published

michaelfix
02-17-2013, 07:14 PM
the most important

1-menu very slow.
3-Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime
4-Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.

people who deutschland unnecessary things started to work in the forum.
Ambilight, etc.

If fw does not improve
5 pcs do I return the TV.
pfl6007

pmarcaul
02-17-2013, 11:20 PM
Model 55PFL8007 SW QF1EU-0.150.83 , 4 wks ago purchase, (I am an ex-Philips Consumer Lifestyle Engineer)

I played a little about MKV reading possibilities via USB.
Of course my remarks apply only with MKV files including only the Philips specified compatible Video, Audio and Subtitles format (a TV is not a PC). Nevertheless, here are some points of concern concerning SUBTITLE in MKV:

The only way I could make the TV read softcoded subtitle was making a "movie_name.srt" separate file (when movie filename is "movie_name.mkv").
At least I can testify that the TV can play Subtitle as an external SRT format file and read via USB stick on TV.
-How on earth a normal user can make such a guess; this is not documented in any user manual (unless I am mistaken). Please add it in TV manual.
-Also Philips shall document in its manual if the TV is expected to read MKV Subtitle via DLNA (some posts thru this forum says it cannot and can only via USB ...it this true). Firmware update can upgrade TV manual, right ? so that should not be an issue for Philips...?
-MKV container normally allows subtitle content inside the MKV file (it is designed for it), so this is extremly surprising (to say less) that the TV could not play any actual embedded subtitle. Isn't there any non documented or documented way to play subtitle using an actual MKV embedded track and without having to extract the subtitle track from the MKV container ?

-Last but not least, it seems that the TV does mix languages tracks between Audio track languages and Subtitle track languages.
You can detect this BUG (yes seems a Bug), by simply creating a MKV including 2 Audios (2 languages) and 2 SRT Text (2 other languages). So the SRT text can not be read by the TV (as commnented above) but it does also create a mismatch with the Audio track languages.
-Worse, if you have the mischance of setting a language to the MKV video track, then the TV can not read anymore anything from the file (like 1 xH264 AVC video in ENG (or MUL), 2 AAC Audios in ENG & FRE, 2 SRT Texts in ITA & GER).
All those tests were made with files whcih VLC player could play).
So the 2 last remarks seem to point mistakes where a basic reprogramming could easily fix (just recognizing a proper track type and language name in a list).

It would be great if Philips could allow multiple MKV Subtitle track selection, not with external file, and more than one MKV embedded Subtitle track. Philips is almost there and it seems not so difficult to improve.

All together, I am not a fully satisfied Philips consumer but the TV is not too bad for the usage I make.

kico
02-18-2013, 02:15 AM
I have 46pfl9707, got it with faulty motherboard that was replaced just the other day. Latest software is installed on it and I noticed couple of problems. The one that annoys me the most is that when I turn the tv on "Perfect Natural Motion" is on even though I previously turned it off (in menu it shows it is off). PNM also turns on when I switch to bdp7600 but this time the change is in the menu as well. I guess it is separate setting for tv and bdp. The other thing I noticed is that sometimes when I am in the menu certain keys on the remote stop responding. This is it so far, but it has only been one day so I am shore more is still to come.

aise
02-18-2013, 07:13 AM
to avoid PNM switching ON by itself i turn Clear LCD ON and PNM OFF, at least on my 8007 it works. 150.83.

spe666
02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone, i have read all the posts, and i agree with you. I'm very disappointed with the TV ! I'm waiting one more month if nothing is done i will ask to philips for a refund !!

What i want :

- smooth menu
- smooth picture (even my old samsung tv of 2007 is better ! There is no judder on it !!!)
- a HDNM with no artifacts or camera effect !

Your SW is broken, time to fix it !

kico
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
to avoid PNM switching ON by itself i turn Clear LCD ON and PNM OFF, at least on my 8007 it works. 150.83.

Thanks, yes this works but I still prefer the picture with "Clear LCD" turned off. This option darkens the screen a lot. Hopefully this will be solved with software update. Also, this fix does not solve the problem with the player. When I switch to bdp7600, PNM resets from off to medium which is really annoying.

michaelfix
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
PNM many euros I paid for.
I close now why.

close, but the subtitles read.
when you open the image is too garbled.

we have the worst PNM.
we have the worst smart TV.
we have the worst dynamic backlight.
we have the slowest menu.

amblight very nice.
but very tired.
We have a TV. Such as R & D work.Do not you have your own R & D?
you can solve with a fw.

why, why solved.

SlimmeTV
02-19-2013, 01:30 PM
After all our complaints about the last FW revision (my main one being HDMI cracking sounds, bad image), in three months time they succeeded in updating:
· Improvement on robustness for files(.jpg) via usb stick.
· Solution for the predefined channel lists of Sky in Germany/Austria and
Switserland.
· Improvement to connect via WIFI to Lynksys router WRT54GC.
· Improvement for Electronic Program Guide.

So where in the update are the things we complain about for months now ??!!

I have now reached the moment that I am going to look into my rights as a customer, and start the hassle of getting my money back, this TV series is equipped with FW that is flawed and full of bugs, and they wont admit it ! (Lets make inferior products should be the new marketing slogan here) Most likely the last Philips TV I ever bought, very dissappointed......

SlimmeTV
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Just started a Support Chat with Philips. They actually spent two lines of chatting with me:

- "Refer to the reseller where you bought the TV"
- "We will end this chat now, hope we were of service....." (The last one, after having a question open)

says it all I am afraid.....

michaelfix
02-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Even when dinamic backlight setting is turned standart dense horizontal lines appear when daytime
Even when the motion mode is at minimum it deforms the logosin actions scenes.
Smart TV is not handy.
Also flickers.

kouik
02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Hello everybody,

A big that appeared in an old firmware, and was fixed appeared again on the FW 150.83.

When using HDMI cec to power on a ps3 (and power it off when the tv stop), switching the tv off now switch the ps3 on.

Do we get the chance for a dev to test the hdmi cec ? Should I contact the warranty service ? This is very annoying ;)

Wally©
02-20-2013, 12:39 PM
It is very clear that this FW is full of unacceptable bugs...
Time for a complete rewrite and start from scratch...
If Philips does not acknowledge this then I'm afraid this will be my last Philips panel..
Dus...ik zou d'r maar snel aan beginnen jongens en meisjes...RUIM DIE ROTZOOI OP !!! EN GEEF ONS WAAR WE RECHT OP HEBBEN !!!

Htep
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Hello martytv

The dlna player on the Philips is not always detected by my dlna server whereas all other dlna devices are detected. I have to switch off the tv during 5 minutes, switch on, set up the network (LAN already set up, just to do a refresh) and play my movie. I try a dlna browser, ethereal, etc and only the tv shut the connexion down. When I read that switching for another router fixed the issue, I don't know why I have to buy a router because my tv is not dlna certified... It's plug and play... If I was not a geek, maybe I would give up (like lots of people did because Philips support told them : it's because of your network...)...

Meskal
02-21-2013, 03:20 AM
60PFL9607S on fw. QF1EU_0.150.83.0

The main problem I have with the firmware :
Maximum Clarity setting on 60PFL9607S is not working at all.There are some color artifacts on shadows.

There are two settings in the 3D experience options: Flicker Free and Maximum Clarity.
In Flicker Free mode - colors and shadows look fine, there is slight crosstalk but picture is OK.
In Maximum Clarity - the shadows get distorted, everything gets kind of rainbow-y shadow.

This hasn't been addressed at all. I have seen other users confirming this issue aswell.
Official philips representative answer we have received: We are aware of this issue and it will get addresses in next update. 150.83 came and only some cosmetic issues were addressed.

I think its time for the unsatisfied customers to start a class action lawsuit against philps for selling a defective product.
Failing to fix it in reasonable time and even failing to at least acknowledge the problem.
Maybe then they will start treating their customers seriously.

Some example pictures:

Flicker Free:

Maximum Clarity !

mesutismail
02-21-2013, 06:53 AM
smart (dumb) TV

martytv
02-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Hello martytv

The dlna player on the Philips is not always detected by my dlna server whereas all other dlna devices are detected. I have to switch off the tv during 5 minutes, switch on, set up the network (LAN already set up, just to do a refresh) and play my movie. I try a dlna browser, ethereal, etc and only the tv shut the connexion down. When I read that switching for another router fixed the issue, I don't know why I have to buy a router because my tv is not dlna certified... It's plug and play... If I was not a geek, maybe I would give up (like lots of people did because Philips support told them : it's because of your network...)...
The DLNA player works fine for me. The DLNA server of the Freebox is not always recognized - this is a confirmed bug of the Freebox server, not the TV. There is a thread on bugs.freeplayer.org (bug 3708) regarding this issue and Free doesn't give a damn about it.

Htep
02-21-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm not a freenote ;)...
Does your tv connected to a switch? Wifi? As you know there is a thread for unexpected behavior of the dlna so I think there is an issue.

martytv
02-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Wifi...

martytv
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Htep, could you post here the link to the DLNA thread?

michaelfix
02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
DLNA, epg, an HbbTV on TV is not a problem ... errors can occur. is normal.

But it should not be a tv slow. can not be.
sound when the TV unbearable slow.

Corrupt, wobbly, with a TV image is poor.
Subtitles too small.

Unfortunately, this fw is poor.

mesutismail
02-21-2013, 07:23 PM
the current fw 150.83
How do I get to the old fw

michaelfix
02-21-2013, 07:28 PM
the current fw 150.83
How do I get to the old fw

Philips does not offer.

Htep
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Dlna topic here:
http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?8290-Undefined-behaviour-of-the-TV-when-connecting-to-DLNA-some-tips

JeroenSt
02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Multichannel audio on a MPEG4 HD channel was stopping every 4 or 5 seconds for 100 ms now even the picture stops for a while...

I had to set audio back to stereo and powercycle the TV before it was useable again!!

Please solve it!

I thought it was a good idea to buy a Philips, but this is really bad!!

Watch the issue on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/audio?video_referrer=watch&v=So19jK_-_-w&feature=mhsn

chrisham
02-22-2013, 08:35 AM
LbL, I would strongly suggest that you work on a more civilized tone before you criticize others

Kurtan79
02-22-2013, 10:39 AM
The fact that recording with subtitles is impossible, according to this (from another thread):

Hi shemeri.

Welcome to the forums.

It is not possible to record with subtitles.

Best regards,
Benedickte

This is so bad. I'm swedish. Part of watching TV (like documentaries or movies) is having them subtitled! It's included in the experience! This gotta be fixed...

LbL!
02-22-2013, 10:58 AM

LbL, I would strongly suggest that you work on a more civilized tone before you criticize others

I don't know how YOU got involved in this, so I would STRONGLY suggest that YOU stay out of things YOU don't have any part of!

They were using very nasty words in Turkish, and nasty words shan't be used, and one shan't write in Turkish here!

But since all those msgs, including mine, now are erasased, there ain't much to argue about any longer, so please Halt die Klappe! ... :-)

mesutismail
02-22-2013, 11:48 AM
@LbL!
I'm sorry :(

michaelfix
02-22-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm sorry.
However, the "philips tv" I'm so sorry for that.

emergency fw update.

3 items:

1 - Even when I turned the standard dynamical backlight setting is daytime when dense horizontal lines Appear
2 - Even when the motion mode is at a minimum it deforms the logo actions scenes.
3 - menu & SmartMenu very slow.

michaelfix
02-22-2013, 03:08 PM
in 2013 the TV menu will use this poor youth.

However, with 2 processors ..

This is unfair to us.

DE pfl6007 this menu beautiful work.
problematic boring.

1 cpu works with windows.
philips tv but it does not work.

TVs on the market, satellite devices are very fast.

This is why TV is slow. and a lot of problems.

Please, though. Please.

Manuj
02-22-2013, 03:47 PM
No offense to take personaly. but your english is really bad.
Could be a google translate issue...

Anyway, we're all waiting for a firmware update as there are lots of issues. I'm among the old users... and I could notice regression in firmwares, more than corrections...

There are more than 3 items to quickly correct (you have just listed 3). For instance "hdmi audio clicks" also demonstrates that the firmware/TV is defective (not to name DLNA issues, CI+, 3D picture shift, ... ). And I'm not talking about so-called smartTV, menu speed, or that huge black horizontal black band just when you set volume... That must be to prevent to have a small dirty logo on moving background (HDNM makes the logo blend).

There are many bug lists around... I think the only list that we should care for is Philip's list... if only they would show us a little consideration and share it with us !

So we are just doomed to wait and expect a firmware release. We'll be all the more frustrated when the new 2013 Philips product line gets announched/released and that we still feel the 2012 product line is defective in some aspects.

Does Philips know that... :

Attracting a new customer costs 5 times as much as keeping an existing one.

A dissatisfied consumer will tell between 9 and 15 people about their experience. About 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people.

Manuj
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Here it is about 2013 product line ... (http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs/1298101/philips-tv-line-up-for-2013-revealed-by-tp-vision)
Boasting for Miracast (peer to peer wireless screencast) while other basic features still do not run well...
Marketing will kill TPV.

Theodor
02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Wow! New model korean, cheap stands. The stands was a real problem in 2012 for you. Now is just like LG. Maybe in 2014 as Samsung. Maybe in 2100 reach the performance of those two. Keep high prices to scamming the rest of buyers. I buy 47pfl9664 in 2009... no DTS (Samsung has) but good quality image, buy 55pfl8007 in 2012 and still no DTS and more and more bugs.... sleep well Chilips. Shame on you !!!!!!!

michaelfix
02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I do not know english.
but I'm trying to write.
Because very angry and nervous.
I wish someone had me by fw.

jeik
02-23-2013, 10:59 AM
Don't worry , the customers already interested about the aftersale service ,So if there is a unsatisfactory after sale support they don't buy philips products.
Furthermore if this disapointment contition still running I can ''inform'' all my friends/mutuals to stay away from Philips ..... so simple ....so efective !!!

jeik
02-23-2013, 11:03 AM
in 2013 the TV menu will use this poor youth.

However, with 2 processors ..

This is unfair to us.

DE pfl6007 this menu beautiful work.
problematic boring.

1 cpu works with windows.
philips tv but it does not work.

TVs on the market, satellite devices are very fast.

This is why TV is slow. and a lot of problems.

Please, though. Please.

I don't understand .... what do you mean ? it doesn't make sence :(

michaelfix
02-23-2013, 03:51 PM
I don't understand .... what do you mean ? it doesn't make sence :(

2013 model Philips TVs, 2012 incorrectly used in the menu.

but it will be 2 cpu.

Write lightweight software. We want fw problems.

nanny
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Dear all

Hopefully somebody can help me out.

I saw on the internet there is an update for my 8007 tv. I read the installation message for the USb and downloaded the latest software update.
According to the information you just put the USb stick into the TV and the tv will do the rest.
Well, not at my place so hopefully somebody can help me.
The tv sees the usb but sais there are no files available, so i go to software update by usb on the TV and then the tv sais: please remove usb and open the update html file on your laptop from this usb.
So i am doing this and this files sais you have to put the software on the usb, but i already did it.
What am i doing wrong here?
Througout the tv there is no new update available but on the internet it is, therefore i would like to do it.
thanks in advance for your help!

jeik
02-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Hello, see this process for update through USB , this is for my 42PFL6057/12 , you must find your model and follow the instructions.
The FW sould unziped not in a folder somewhere in the usb ,I thing must be the only file in USB. The TV will ''see'' the autoran file and start by itshelf

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpcontent.pl?ctn=42PFL6057H/12&dct=FUS&did=AEN&mid=Link_Software&reldct=FIN&scy=BE&slg=AEN

And also your usb sould be in ''FAT32 format''

BTW maybe today I'll do it for my TV , it doesn't find any update through NET and I need to Update by USB also. The point is that the PNM solution isn't at this SW :(

L1Zeeman
02-23-2013, 05:11 PM

but it will be 2 cpu.

Your 6007 already has a dual core processor (like the 2013 models will have).

acidduck
02-23-2013, 06:01 PM

but it will be 2 cpu.

Correction, we DO NOT want firmware problems!
You still don't make any sense.

jeik
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Do you mean 2 separated processors ? or dual core ?
Mine 6057 has a dual core ,if I'm not wrong.

Theodor
02-24-2013, 09:10 AM
More pictures for 2013 TPV TV lineup. http://www.tpvision.com/image-library

nanny
02-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Jeik,

I already did this yes. I formatted the usb and then downloaded the file. It is a Zip file on the USB stick.
Then i put the USB stick in the TV and the tv sais there is no information on it (it recognises the USB immediately).
So then i go to COnfiguration softwareupdate by usb, and then the whole story of Update HTMl is coming up.
It is really frustrating to be honest, cause the zipfile is on the USB, so i really do not know what is going wrong.

Toengel
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Hi,

you need to extract the ZIP FIRST. Copy only the autorun.upg to the root of your USB stick!

Toengel@Alex

stefanox
02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
It's really make me angry, they release a new range, and the people's that pay alot of money for them tv still have a tv with many bugs.

I really dont understand this, got myself a 46PFL9707, that must be the top range, pay alot of money for it, and stil full off bugs and problems,
Well done philips!

More pictures for 2013 TPV TV lineup. http://www.tpvision.com/image-library

jeik
02-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Everything will be solved , read here
http://www.tpvision.com/about-us/our-principles
COMMITMENT TOWARDS CUSTOMERS
TP Vision is committed to listening to and learning from customers by maintaining an ongoing dialogue with its customers, so that it is able to design and deliver the solutions they really want and need. TP Vision will always deal with its customers in a fair and forthright manner, maintaining the highest levels of integrity.

james87
02-25-2013, 08:33 AM
soon be improved if the input lag for ps3 games

A636NR
02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
New on forum, hello to everyone,
55PFL8007K owner, last firmware updated:
issues observed:
1. very slow menus
2. no flash for internet browser

Annoying issues:
1. no subtitle for mkv files playing via DLNA (Romanian subtitles - ISO 8859-2 Central European)
2. no sound for mkv with DTS sound - an error message like "audio not supported"
3. backlight clouding - in black screen I have white clouds covering parts of the screen but also black black parts. is this normal? I'm asking because I also have a 5 series Samsung and there clouding is kind uniform around the screen and not big white spots alternating with black spots as Philips have.
What I also have to tell that backlight is visible only if the room is in total darkness. Any source of light will cancel the led backlight effect.
4. lip sync - observed also in mkv movies. The image is slight ahead than sound. So is it is a delay between actors lips are moving and the sound is hearing.

Also about 5 series Samsung - can play mkv & DTS & subtitles via DLNA without any issue. Also the amount of time when a mkv file starts for Samsung is half than starts for Philips (same network, same router)
And I am comparing series 5 from Samsung (which I think is middle to low for their smart class) with 8 series from Philips (which is the flagship) !!!!! to not talk about the difference in money cost between those 2. For how much Philips costs the TV should be a perfect item.
Also Samsung menus are much faster than Philips menus.

jaroslav
02-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Three months have 42PFL6687K Philips TV. From day to day I'm more disappointed. Every day I have to reset it by disconnecting the power cable, remote control stops responding and overall TV is very slow.

elmatkos
02-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I have the 47PFL6687K and I have to disconnect power cable one or more times a week to have that TV working, usually EPG not working, TV rebooting time to time, not able to switch channels, USB key not detected sometimes, SmarTV not working(unable to connect to Philips server message), unable to switch on the TV

Also I have usual issues like other people:
- mixed languages within MKV
- slooooooooooow menu
- CI+ slot sometimes not working(too annoying)
- when paused - it takes several seconds to continue to play, my old Panasonic LCD working like a charm
- etc.

emer
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
to Philips - Benedickt :

p!hilips FW for models 2012 - that's beta or ... ALPHA !?

jeik
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
New on forum, hello to everyone,
55PFL8007K owner, last firmware updated:
issues observed:
1. very slow menus
2. no flash for internet browser

Annoying issues:
1. no subtitle for mkv files playing via DLNA (Romanian subtitles - ISO 8859-2 Central European)
2. no sound for mkv with DTS sound - an error message like "audio not supported"
3. backlight clouding - in black screen I have white clouds covering parts of the screen but also black black parts. is this normal? I'm asking because I also have a 5 series Samsung and there clouding is kind uniform around the screen and not big white spots alternating with black spots as Philips have.
What I also have to tell that backlight is visible only if the room is in total darkness. Any source of light will cancel the led backlight effect.
4. lip sync - observed also in mkv movies. The image is slight ahead than sound. So is it is a delay between actors lips are moving and the sound is hearing.

Also about 5 series Samsung - can play mkv & DTS & subtitles via DLNA without any issue. Also the amount of time when a mkv file starts for Samsung is half than starts for Philips (same network, same router)
And I am comparing series 5 from Samsung (which I think is middle to low for their smart class) with 8 series from Philips (which is the flagship) !!!!! to not talk about the difference in money cost between those 2. For how much Philips costs the TV should be a perfect item.
Also Samsung menus are much faster than Philips menus.

When the room is dark and I'm watching from a lower angle left or right of tv, I can see also some slight brighter and darken areas on my screen ,(I hope to be normal and the same also in other brands) ,but when I stand and watch directly in frond of the screen , backlight is uniform all along the screen....
42PFL6057H/12

aise
02-26-2013, 07:43 AM
to Philips - Benedickt :

p!hilips FW for models 2012 - that's beta or ... ALPHA !?

Pre-alpha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

drunk munky
02-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Pre-alpha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

sad fact of life that with the technology the way it is the manufacturers can release a product un-finished and fix it in the field via the internet.

how many tvs would philips have in the warehouse as in warranty exchange if we didnt accept this practice and to be honest why are we?

I have owned this tv since september and although it has gotten better some inherent problems still persist like the hd natural motion problems, backlight flickering and my audio also drops out on 5.1 dolby digital freeview hd broadcasts, are we going to get a final firmware update to resolve these issues or do i have to live with a "faulty tv"

I have exchanged the tv and the 5.1 problem still occurs, i changed the amp/cables and once again same problem so i can only determine hardware fault.

I dont want to send the tv for repair as these problems have been present from day one, over to you philips, what should i do with my inherently faulty at time of purchase tv?

majorusa
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Last night I have had the first reset of the TV set since 133 firmware. Yes is current version of fw.

I also discovered that now the TV records TVR HD channel but at playback I have only picture with no sound. It took Philips only 8 months to achieve this "performance". Keep up the good work.

For A63NR - the things that you mentioned are considered by Philips "normal behavior". They do not support flash, DTS, subtitles over DLNA, etc. So your requests will receive at best a dry answer - "we do not support".

jaroslav
02-27-2013, 06:31 AM
Philips say:"we do not support".
We have to say:"we do not buy, never again"

A636NR
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi txs anyone for answers
I have attached some pictures with backlight clouding taking in ISF Night/Day and Movie image predefined setting
What do you think? Is a normal behavior for a LED panel?
Thank you

A636NR
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
and a short movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kHViKgnhw

mrb1972
02-28-2013, 09:14 AM
and a short movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4kHViKgnhw

Is that with dynamic backlight on or off?

drunk munky
02-28-2013, 03:44 PM

I'd say pretty normal for a LCD running a black picture in a dark room, your picture settings like 3d back light contrast and video contrast could be up full too which will make it look worse.

LCD tech blocks out the backlight to create black but never works 100 percent and on edge lit led tech the screen has a more intense light at the edges which is compensated for by a diffuser thicker at the edges and progressively thinner to the centre, you are experiencing backlight pooling, if you don't like this then plasma may be for you.

A636NR
02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
was off. I have activated dynamic backlight and now black screen looks much better
The whole image quality has been improved

I'd say pretty normal for a LCD running a black picture in a dark room, your picture settings like 3d back light contrast and video contrast could be up full too which will make it look worse.

LCD tech blocks out the backlight to create black but never works 100 percent and on edge lit led tech the screen has a more intense light at the edges which is compensated for by a diffuser thicker at the edges and progressively thinner to the centre, you are experiencing backlight pooling, if you don't like this then plasma may be for you.

Thank you for clarification. Do you know what are the settings for the best image?
This TV has a lot of picture settings. I do not know what should be on, what should be off, what values should have...

drunk munky
02-28-2013, 04:41 PM
3d backlight contrast 100
All other values 50 except colour at 61 if 6 series other wise 50
Both nr settings off
dynamic backlight Max although can produce flickering
dynamic colour Max
dynamic contrast Max
clear LCD on or off your preference
Hdnm definitely off
Light sensor generally off

I would always start by setting all values as middle and work from there its personal preference so play around with it

A636NR
02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I have 8 series. Some of the settings are not existing on 8 series (eg:3d backlight contrast), but I have tried to use as much as your setting I have found. Indeed is an improvement
I did not noticed flickering..yet
Thank you again

metedoruk
03-01-2013, 12:03 AM
ı m tired. very bad gui.
very unstable software
easy link problem
enough

jaroslav
03-01-2013, 10:08 AM
The moment will bring to the market models for 2013 and those who were left caught the purchase model 2012, they sent their complaints to ....
Philips please solve our problems.

mrb1972
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Sounds normal to me, most edge lit LEDs look like that without the dynamic backlight

Joachim
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi together,

because I have nothing found round about problems with TVs Quick-Start-Mode, so I will post the following recurrent bug with possible estimated number of unknown cases; see on German Firmware-Feedback-Forum, Post #8 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/de/showthread.php?5055-Firmware-Feedback-150-83-(6-7-8-9-Serie)&p=33734&viewfull=1#post33734), too.

Here the short form...

Title / Description: "TV switches automatically in a Mode like 'Quick Start'" from 'normal Standby'. Like, because first the 'Quick Start' - Mode is definitely Off and second, the TV does not return automatically back into 'normal Standby'; electrical consumption in 'normal Standby' ~ 0.1 Watt, in 'like "Quick Start"' - mode ~ 23 Watt or more with connected devices (42PFL6877K/12).

Bug / Problem: If the problem is active and the TV in 'normal Standby', there are possible tree times per day the TV was automatically switching into these 'like Quick Start' - mode! See below 'Problem trigger'. Remember: "Quick Start", "Activation" is "Off".
The TV remains in this 'like Quick Start' - mode, until the TV is switched on and back to Standby!

Bug trigger (tested): The bug is triggered by changing the "Quick Start" (Page 19, User Manual) from 'Off' to 'Automatic', then to 'Manual' with changing and saving the 'Timeframes' and last switching Off the "Quick Start" - mode ("Activation" = "Off").
From now on the TV will change - if the TV was in normal Standby (0.1 Watt) before - into the 'like Quick Start' - mode (>= 23 Watt) described above. The founded changeover times are corresponding mostly with the start times of the 'Timeframes'; but at the 'Timeframes' end (fix 2 hours after start), the TV does not return into the 'normal Standby' (he remains in the 'like Quick Start' - mode with the increased electrical consumption until TV was switched on and in Standby again).
It is probable, the bug is triggered by changing and saving the 'Timeframes' only.

Bug identification: On TV the 'like "Quick Start"' - mode is not visible; Picture, Sound and Ambilight are off and the red Standby-LED lights like a 'normal Standby'.
Broad Hints of the 'like "Quick Start"' - mode (with "Quick Start", "Activation" = "Off") are: The TV starts from Standby without the Philips-Logo. Or a USB connected hard disk works continuous (without programmed records to this time). Or the running AV-Receiver switches to "TV" - input (HDMI with "TV-Speaker" = "On" (1)) or the AV-Receiver switches on (HDMI with "TV-Speaker" = "EasyLink-Autostart" (1)). Or the measured electricity consumption is - instead of ca. 0.1 Watt in 'normal Standby' - more than ca. 23 Watt.
(1): not found in User Manual.

Workaround: To solve the 'like "Quick Start"' - problem: at this point the only way is, to run a "Full installation" (Page 25, User Manual).
Firmware-Upgrades (e.g. from 150.082 to 150.083), "Factory settings", Power Off and so on, have no effect to this issue.
So remember: don't touch the "Quick Start" settings ;).

Affected devices: all from 6000 - 9000 series of 2012; Firmware: 150.082, 150.083, ...?

Best regards.

PS: Unfortunately Philips ignores a lot of bugs and problems in his Germans Support Forums; this bug described here since
01-25-2013, Post #55 (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/de/showthread.php?3908-Firmware-Feedback-150-81-(6-7-8-9-Serie)&p=31778&viewfull=1#post31778).
In case of this 'like "Quick Start" bug', I think, the TVs neither complies the A+ Energy-Label directives nor the EU directives about Standby-Power-Consumption.

Toengel
03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
HI,

Firmware 150.85 is available.

Toengel@Alex

Quicksilver86
03-06-2013, 06:37 PM
New Firmware 150.085 is available

Toengel
03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi,

I opened a new experience thread - please post there for Feedback: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11297-Experience-Thread-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53418#post53418

Toengel@Alex

michaelfix
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Thank you for correcting the problems.
philipstvp.blogspot.com/