PDA

View Full Version : Problem with connection to Sound Bar via HDMI

vtsymbal
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I tried to connect my 42pfl6007k/12 to the HDMI (ARC) input of the Sound Bar HTL5120. I switch on the EasyLink option in the audio setting menu, but after a "Switching to amplifier!" message, the "Failed! TV speakers active!" message appeared. Tried several times, and different HDMI ports.
HDMI ARC mode is on. The the sound bar was detected as an HDMI-device by TV when I connected it for the first time.
I updated the TV firmware to the latest, but it didn't help.

Quicksilver86
02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Have you set all easy link funktions on?
Is in your soundoption the option arc on and there musst be TV Speakers set to easy link autostart.

Does the HTL 5120 have some option that you can put on arc?
My Panasonic BTT282 has input settings ARC, HDMI, Optical

Do you have an HDMI 1.4 High Speed Cable?

vtsymbal
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Quicksilver86, thanks for your reply.

Have you set all easy link funktions on?
Is in your soundoption the option arc on and there musst be TV Speakers set to easy link autostart.
Yes, the EasyLink function is set to On, and the ARC option is On as well. Tried both options EasyLink and EasyLink Autostart. With the latter TV tries to switch to amplifier on start, but fails.

Does the HTL 5120 have some option that you can put on arc?
Yes, it has a HDMI ARC input switch - I turned it on.

Do you have an HDMI 1.4 High Speed Cable?
According to the description (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AIP6PCE/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00) on the Amazone.de, the cable I bought is complied with HDMI 1.4a standard.

vtsymbal
02-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Here is how I solved the problem. I bought another cable which was definitely 1.4 and it worked out.