PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to in.Sight away from home or watch alerts

calp
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Hi, I have the Phillips IN.Sight Monitor, set it up ok, always on green so connected to wifi but.

1. When we are away from home we cannot connect to the monitor

2. It alerts us of motion or audio detection but we have no way of watching it, we both have a blank screen, we have the latest operating systems on out iphones and the latest up to date version of the app

tjcmorgan
02-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Likewise, and the only point is to access remotely!

calp
02-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Likewise, and the only point is to access remotely!

Exactly, having been the victim of a burglary i find it more distressing being alerted to motion or audio in the back garden but not being able to view or listen to it! I am loathed to bin it because i would of wasted 100, just wish Philips would come up with an answer because no one seems to make this work!!

kwinnie
02-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Exactly, having been the victim of a burglary i find it more distressing being alerted to motion or audio in the back garden but not being able to view or listen to it! I am loathed to bin it because i would of wasted 100, just wish Philips would come up with an answer because no one seems to make this work!!

working fine here using my 3G network.
thinking can that be the bandwidth issue?

calp
02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Sorted! Because we are using two phones to be alerted if one isnt turned off it continually sends video to Dropbox and when your free 5GB is full you cannot upload anymore so while it sends you alerts you cannot watch them or listen to them so make sure you delete unwanted files from Dropbox.

Next tip is go into your router settings and allow access for the camera two way as trusted, you just need to put the cameras mac address in. Both phones now streaming video when away from home. Pity Philips didn't tell anyone how to do this, there must be a lot of frustrated owners out there!