View Full Version : 5.1 sound from HTS3538/12 via SPDIF

02-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi all,
I have 47PFL4007/12 TV and HTS3538/12 home theatre system. And I am planning to buy a mediaplayer (HMP5000) but have a concern. Since yesterday I tried digital optical connection between Dark mania media player and my HTS but there were only RAW and stereo options via SPDIF. And the sound was too bassy even I changed all relevant settings(Subwoofer Volume, bass settings etc.) to bottom. I need to know whether there is multichannel(5.1) option in SPDIF of HMP500. Another question how can I decrease bass and increase treble in addition to bass/treble settings. May I use a potentiometer to set subwoofer volume externally?
Thank you for your answers in advance.

02-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Windows 7 110 1190br idt audio driver drivers download - 110 ... 1 x front panel audio header 12. ... High Definition Audio 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel Support for S/PDIF In/Out Support .... from your Home Theater System via a simple HDMI connection. ... Philips HTS3538/55 Home Theater Firmware 34

02-11-2013, 05:01 AM
Thank you Alex001
I upgraded to V34 but could not understand other driver "Windows 7 110 1190br idt audio driver drivers download - 110 ... 1 x front panel audio header 12.."
Can you please give more detail, Where can I download from and How I can upload to my HTS?
By the way I am not able to get sound from the speakers tough I upload the final firmware again and reset the HTS.. Even I get no sound while setting speaker volumes..Do you have any idea about the reason? I have sound from tv speakers when I play something in HTS..But 5.1 is silent. I will ask technical service
Thank you.

Philips - Katerina
08-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina