PDA

View Full Version : Media Connect not working

geofflye
02-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I've just bought a 22" TV (22PFL3517T/12) and bought the pta101 USB for Media Connect. It installed and offers access to Youtube, but will not recognise my PC (Windows 7). I have read that for the TV to be visible within the network, the “Show PC media files” setting which is located in the “Network settings” menu should be set to “ON”. I have tried but this option is not in the Settings. Have tried all other advice including firewalls etc.

Initial joy of a great product is fast evaporating....

Any help appreciated.

Geoff

Toengel
02-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi,

the Wifi-MediaConnect software does not work with your TV. However, if you register your TV at MyPhilips/Club Philips, you can download Twonky Media Server + Key.

Toengel@Alex

geofflye
02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks. Will this work for my Mac as well? And do I need the USB pta01 still?

Geoff

Toengel
02-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi,

on the support webpage of your TV you will also find an installer for Mac - the software also works for 4 weeks in trial mode - just try it.

Toengel@Alex

geofflye
02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Software is described as 'MediaManager + Server' but I only seem to have MediaManager. Am I missing something - I cannot see how to stream to TV with this?
Geoff

Toengel
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi,

you can share media files with the software. Then you start your TV and chose something like "browse PC"... then you can see the content of your PC (you can only pull FROM your TV model - but not push to TV).

Toengel@Alex

geofflye
02-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for help. Still having problems. On the Mac, the 2 software items installed seem to do the same thing - in that they allow you to view your photos and videos stored on your Mac on your TV, but nothing more.

I did try with the 'big' software called Media Manager and streaming of just a 28 second video stalls after one second and starts again for one second 15 seconds later etc. Message makes it clear there is no audio however. No good for films.

Number 2 software. TwontyStarter, not much help. It seems to be a taster of a package. All the 'open file' options are greyed out. Followed a link to MyTwonky and it explains if you download it can stream your videos (no mention if audio will work) to apple tv or your own tv.

No way to watch iplayer (which is primary need).

Any further advice welcomed.

Geoff

geofflye
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for help. Still having problems. On the Mac, the 2 software items installed seem to do the same thing - in that they allow you to view your photos and videos stored on your Mac on your TV, but nothing more.

I did try with the 'big' software called Media Manager and streaming of just a 28 second video stalls after one second and starts again for one second 15 seconds later etc. Message makes it clear there is no audio however. No good for films.

Number 2 software. TwontyStarter, not much help. It seems to be a taster of a package. All the 'open file' options are greyed out. Followed a link to MyTwonky and it explains if you download it can stream your videos (no mention if audio will work) to apple tv or your own tv.

No way to watch iplayer (which is primary need).

Any further advice welcomed.

Geoff