PDA

View Full Version : laptop cannot find tv on the network

bren
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Hello,

I am trying to use the Wifi Meda connect to project my laptop to the TV.
The model is 32PFL7605H have successfully connected to the internet wirelessly and can browse the internet.

I have dowloaded and installed the wifi media connect software. When I hover over the icon in the system tray it tells me that it is still "Searching for a TV on the network".

I know the TV is on the network because i can ping its IP address from the laptop.

My laptop is running XP. The wifi media connect has been added as an exception to the firewall.
i also have tried turning off the firewall on both my laptop and wireless modem/router.

there must be a simple setting change i need to make but i cannot figure it out.

i contacted philips in the uk and they told me it must be a faulty dongle but i don't think it is as i said above i can connect to the internet using the tv remote and the net tv feature.

any help is greatly appriciated!!!

smart
02-23-2011, 06:19 AM
You can connect your TV with your router via ethernet wire as a testcase. On my side it works also without dongle. If it works then, you know that there might be a problem with the dongle. (Maybe WLAN configuration or faulty dongle).
If this does not work, too. I assume there is another problem.

On my end, sometimes the Wifi Media Connect software does not find the TV, then I end the software and start it again. Then it finds the TV.

Philips
02-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Topic moved to the Streaming (DLNA/USB/WiFi MediaConnect) forum.

bren
02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
ok thanks for the advise, i'll hook up a cat 5 cable and test it that way

l00pu5
02-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Try also activating the menu option "Show PC media files" (Menu -> Setup -> Network settings).

How's the WFMC splash screen doing when you fire it utp on your PC? Does it show the TV set's (the dongle's, in fact) MAC address?