PDA

View Full Version : No sound when laptop connected via HDMI

lilybarlean
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Still arsing around in my quest to watch Swedish TV! I have a 42PDL7906H TV. I downloaded Wifi Media Connect but it kept dropping the connection every few minutes. I then connected my laptop via HDMI and everything was perfect except there was no sound coming from the TV, it was coming from the laptop instead! I had to plug in a pair of speakers in order to hear it properly. How can I get the sound to come from the TV instead? Do I have to plug in audio cables into the back of the TV and connect to the laptop? Novice at all this!

vistula
03-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Still arsing around in my quest to watch Swedish TV! I have a 42PDL7906H TV. I downloaded Wifi Media Connect but it kept dropping the connection every few minutes. I then connected my laptop via HDMI and everything was perfect except there was no sound coming from the TV, it was coming from the laptop instead! I had to plug in a pair of speakers in order to hear it properly. How can I get the sound to come from the TV instead? Do I have to plug in audio cables into the back of the TV and connect to the laptop? Novice at all this!

If you go to Sound in the Control Panel and make the TV the default speaker, that will do it. It's not the most elegant solution, as you'll have to change the default speaker back when you want to listen to something on the laptop.