PDA

View Full Version : Listen to baby monitor on two iPhones in parallel

Hugen12
02-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi, I received the baby monitor today. First impression: works fine in my network via WIFI, as well as outside via 3G/LTE. Video/image quality better than expected. Night vision works nicely so far.

I have just one question: I certainly want to share the task of keeping track of our baby with my spouse. Independently of whether I connect the second iPhone with my credentials or log in and share "as a friend", it seems that only one of us can watch the video stream or hear the baby simultaneously. That is a bit surprising to me.
If I end the stream on the first device, the second can connect to the live stream without a problem. While the second device plays the video/sound stream, the first cannot get connected again. Ending the stream on the second device allows the first to connect again fine...

The description of the product reads " The In.Sight app lets you share each monitor with two other users so that they have access to live videos and sound via their own iPhone or iPad." Now, if that means I always have to end the stream on one device before the other one can connect (otherwise I only get a server error message displayed), it is at least misleading...

Thanks