PDA

View Full Version : Green Video on component HD connection

roopeshtambat
02-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Greetings,

I have a 29" Matchline CRT which is 8 years old. When I connect to AV3 or AV4 (compatible 1080 component interfaces), and switch progressive scan to "on" mode on my DVD player, the whole video goes green. I can pull out the "b" (blue) component cable, and still the video is same green. But when I connect to AV1 and AV2 with the same component cable and turn on interlace on DVD player, the video is fine. I have tried different component cables too and it is not a faulty cable. Any help is appreciated. Also, support for this TV is very limited where I live.

Thank you for your replies,

Roopesh D.

Philips - Benedickte
03-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi Roopeshtambat.

Could you please provide me with the full model number of your TV?
Make sure your DVD player is set to 1080i output and not 1080p.

Best regards,
Benedickte

Greetings,

I have a 29" Matchline CRT which is 8 years old. When I connect to AV3 or AV4 (compatible 1080 component interfaces), and switch progressive scan to "on" mode on my DVD player, the whole video goes green. I can pull out the "b" (blue) component cable, and still the video is same green. But when I connect to AV1 and AV2 with the same component cable and turn on interlace on DVD player, the video is fine. I have tried different component cables too and it is not a faulty cable. Any help is appreciated. Also, support for this TV is very limited where I live.

Thank you for your replies,

Roopesh D.

roopeshtambat
03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank you for your reply. The model is 29pt9420. Yes I am using 1080i (same as earlier, was working like a charm).

Thanks again,

Roopesh D.

Philips - Benedickte
03-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you for your reply. The model is 29pt9420. Yes I am using 1080i (same as earlier, was working like a charm).

Thanks again,

Roopesh D.

Hi Roopesh.

Please see the note i found in the manual recarding HD equipment like DVD players:
"When you have a digital equipment with a 480p or 1080i output (e.g. a digital Set Top Box or Progressive DVD player), connect it to the AV3 or V4 IN VIDEO2 Fh 480p/1080i input."

Meaning if your DVD is set to progressive scan this also changes the resolution to 1080p and as the TV supports 1080i and not p this can be the reason why it changes colour when putting progressive scan on.

P after the resolution (numbers) stands for Progressive and i stands for interlace.

If you want to use progressive scan, try 720p :)

You can find more information regarding this on page 21 in the manual :)

Best regards,
Benedickte