PDA

View Full Version : Philips HTS3541-98 ... MKV DTS...

TheJoker71
02-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi Sir/Ma'am,

As my Blueray player stated above, already updated to the latest firmware. But still if i play MKV with DTS, the player recognized the audio as DTS, it even displayed the DTS in the LCD panel. But only STEREO will be heard.

DOLBY 5.1 has no problem, it plays perfectly in MKV. But if MKV with DTS 5.1 audio, only play STEREO.

It says it can support DTS-CORE in manual, i tried to re-encode the DTS audio to the STANDARD settings no additional options, still the DTS audio in MKV plays only STEREO.

For additional INFO, when i used my MEDIA PLAYER thru OPTICAL or COAXIAL, DTS and DOLBY play perfectly. Only thru USB in the Blueray player that the DTS seems has an issue playing only in STEREO.

And also when testing the SPEAKER in the settings, you can hear the sounds on the all the speaker but when you exit and then try it again. No more sounds until now. But if i reset to factory i will hear it again but only once you exit and try it again, no more sounds.

Thanks in Advance.

Faust
02-26-2013, 09:18 AM
The DTS 5.1 is guaranteed only when playing from disc but not from file. Also only when connected via Optical or Coaxial. Hope this is any help to you.

TheJoker71
02-28-2013, 04:57 AM
sorry for late reply... okay... already accepted it... just trying to reduced the gadget in the shelves... in this case have to remove the media player totally... but i think i won't have to because of the DTS issues...

thanks anyway... it would really a great help...