PDA

View Full Version : HTS9140 Disc Cannot Be Ejected

Marcus Tan
02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone.
I urgently need some help. I've just put a blu ray disc into my HTS9140 and it didn't read. Now the disc can't even be ejected. I've played this disc before so I don't know what's wrong. I've switched off the entire system and turned it on again several times but still the player doesn't read the disc and so it can't be ejected. My blu-ray disc is stuck inside. Is there some way of 'rebotting' the soundbar so it ejects the disc?

MrBarton
02-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Have you tried to restore default settings? You find more in manual on page 23: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hts9140_12/hts9140_12_dfu_aen.pdf

Marcus Tan
02-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I just tried restoring to factory settings. Doesn't work. I can actually hear the disc spinning inside but the soundbar just doesn't recognize a disc is there. Sigh...

MrBarton
02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
In that case, I recommend you to contact you local Philips consumer care centre to look at repair options, or if they can sugest something different. All the best!

flipje
02-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi everyone.
I urgently need some help. I've just put a blu ray disc into my HTS9140 and it didn't read. Now the disc can't even be ejected. I've played this disc before so I don't know what's wrong. I've switched off the entire system and turned it on again several times but still the player doesn't read the disc and so it can't be ejected. My blu-ray disc is stuck inside. Is there some way of 'rebotting' the soundbar so it ejects the disc?

I experienced the same effect twice in the past with a normal CD-ROM ans DVD..
First time I held the soundbar horizontal and then it released.

Last time I explicitly had to select the DISC menu from the soundbar and then eject.

good luck.