PDA

View Full Version : What feature you want your Blu-ray player equips? Share your 2011 wish list here

Philips
02-27-2011, 11:28 AM
What feature you want your Blu-ray player equips? Share your 2011 wish list here

el911wood
03-01-2011, 09:07 AM
hi philips,
a skype client with a usb connected webcam could be funny !
regards

Xtreme
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Playback resume memory for 100 discs
Net TV with localized news services (needs a lot of agreements)
USB camera support for Face-to-Face conversations via Internet (like with up coming Sony 2011 TV's)
USB keyboard support for Net TV
3D-models: Ability to turn off 3D light from the front panel
Ability to dim even more the front LEDs
RSS Reader for Net TV
User translatable UI (or fire the Finnish translation company and hire a new trusted one, Finnish translations are full of typos and bad mother tongue)
No more disc trays (BDP8000 rocks)
Localized / Multilanguage front LED texts (like on some old DVD players)
Better/Improved UI for Local Network browsing

Volume
03-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Agree, I like to use my camera to chat with friends via TV :)

Toengel
03-02-2011, 07:31 AM
User translatable UI (or fire the Finnish translation company and hire a new trusted one, Finnish translations are full of typos and bad mother tongue)

Hi,

if there are so many errors in the translation of the actual BD player, then this is outrageous.

You could make a thread here in the forum (Blu-ray Product Support) and list all errors - maybe even screenshots would help...

Toengel@Alex

jvpeters
03-02-2011, 07:55 AM
+ easy sharing the video/photos I have in my iphone.

WHA1949
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
+support for ISO image files on USB disk and through DLNA.
+autoplay of mp3 disks (playing starts automatically when disk is loaded)

ergo47
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
+support for playback of recordings of german HD TV transmission ARTE HD, ZDF HD on BDP7500 S2
(720p, 50 fps, Main@4.0 or high@4.0 (CABAC / 5 ref frames)

I like it
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
The biggest wish is to get the ARD mediathek also on blu-ray player. PLEASE

Toengel
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM

Hi,

I think the problem is the video codec of the ARD movies - if you enter the ARD url in the open internet, the mediathek appear, but the movies only have sound...

Toengel@Alex

I like it
03-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I think the problem is the video codec of the ARD movies - if you enter the ARD url in the open internet, the mediathek appear, but the movies only have sound...

Toengel@Alex

Hi, maybe you are right. But Philips TV sets are able to handle the ARD mediathek and play the videos incl. sound. What's the reason that my blu-ray player can't do also? :confused:

omjp
03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
My wish list is about DLNA - what I would like to have is
- possibility to use chapters (or some other method to start watching the film from somewhere else than from the beginning)
- possibility to use ff or rew (now if ff is used it is impossible to continue watching the film with normal speed)
- possibility to use pause (and continue watching the movie without problems)

Maybe internal memory could be used for improving the functionality of DLNA

- better support to (at least) MKV. Now for instance weighted P-frames are causing problems for BDP-7500

jielse
03-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi jvpeters,

I use a iPhone dockstation to my HTS to share videos and photos.
Then I also tried the iMediaShare app and can share photos (I guess video works also if I upgrade) via wifi (I do this to the TV and not the HTS).

regards

Toengel
03-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi,

can you please support me: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1181-Wish-Flexible-Sorting-order-of-USB-content

Toengel@Alex

jvpeters
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi jielse
Thanks a lot for your advice.
Will give it a try ..!
Rgs, Jvpeters@jebiz

Andre
03-20-2011, 07:17 AM
My Wish

When playiing a CD:

Track name, Cd Cover and artist on the player OSD.

Not start the CD when i'm enter for the first time the players home page.
When there is a disk in the player and i what use NET TV the player start first the CD, and go to the CD menu.
Thene i must stop the CD and go to Net TV

jrue
03-20-2011, 12:35 PM
support for non Philips wireless dongels would be appriciated

Jordu
03-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Please change the RC of the BDP8000/12. Its a nightmare to use. keys are to small and you need to hit them hard. Also add iPhone/IPad app to control Blu ray. Then there is no need for a keyboard.

Toengel
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi,

the BDPs which will support the SMART TV functions, you will have the Control pillar. Which means, that you can control your BDP with iOS App and/or a wireless keyboard.

As of the RC - I'd like to have a non-plastic remote control for the BDP9600 ;)

Toengel@Alex

christopher
03-25-2011, 10:02 AM
all i can see here is alot of great ideas. but if there s someone here let the product team know and tell us if you r gonna make it happen?

carlosfm
03-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Support for most/all audio and video formats.
Flac and Ape, for instance.
When I look at the supported file formats of most BDPs (not only Philips), it is so last century... my car radio does that.

andy16v
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
i would like native support for mkv for bdp3000.......although it plays mkv file hp 4.0/4.1 with avi as the file extention,file is not shown (usb) if file extention is mkv....also ability to play media over a network would be nice

TOMillr
04-05-2011, 09:51 PM
+ better mkv support (higher h.264 format support)
+ support for cover art for video files (display a corresponding coverart that sits within the same directory as the media file itself - something like moviename.mkv.jpg)

Andreas
04-06-2011, 11:24 AM
I would also appreciate the option to turn off the built-in wireless on the BDP8000/12 player.

Perhaps a manual FPS setting (auto/manual) in order to select the correct frame rate in the case the player does not. Albeit not really useful, but never the less fun - a bit rate indicator/display of sorts.

Keeping up the good work of increasing the file format support is also most appreciated!

Toengel
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I don't know, but if you select wired LAN, the WLAN should be disabled...

@Philips
Can you give us some feedback on this issue?

Toengel@Alex

Corneel
04-06-2011, 12:44 PM

TIP !: Go to the open internet and enter: http://hbbtv.daserste.de/
The "Das Erste" HBB-TV site works fine on your BluRay player. (except for the color buttons). If you press 3 (alle Mediatheken) and choose ARD mediathek you will have video-playback problems. That is probably why it is not yet live on BluRay.

Toengel
04-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi,

but I think the problem is, that the video format (used by ARD mediathek) is not supported by the BDPs...

Toengel@Alex

burgerwer
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
+support for playback of recordings of german HD TV transmission ARTE HD, ZDF HD on BDP7500 S2
(720p, 50 fps, Main@4.0 or high@4.0 (CABAC / 5 ref frames)
So, does that mean, my findings are correct? The player does not support this? What a shame for such a high price device.
I agree and support your wish!
Please implement support for that Main@L4.0 profile immediately, Philips.

burgerwer
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Please change the RC of the BDP8000/12. Its a nightmare to use. keys are to small and you need to hit them hard. Also add iPhone/IPad app to control Blu ray. Then there is no need for a keyboard.

Yes, agree. Does Philips provide an alternative in exchange? Would be interested!

mike tv
04-27-2011, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see codec support for .m2ts transport stream and .ts transport stream files from USB drive and via Browse PC (for BDP7500 B2)

Paulo Roberto Elias
04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
SACD support. It is a shame that these new Blu-Ray player do not support SACD playack. Clearly hif-def music should accompany hi-def video, in my opinion, and SACD and/or DVD-Audio capability would be quite welcome.

Toengel
04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I think this is again a licencing issue...

Toengel@Alex

Paulo Roberto Elias
04-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I certainly wouldn't know why. Philips co-developed SACD and in the not so distant past was advocating DSD over LPCM.

Even now, Sony has been implementing SACD playback in one of its top Blu-Ray players. Why can't Philips do the same?

With either SACD or DVD-Audio we would be in a niche anyway.

Toengel
04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi,

well - than I support your feature request... :-)

Toengel@Alex

Paulo Roberto Elias
04-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I appreciate, thanks!

What happened to that "perfect sound forever" motto?

If you're an audio buff these days, you're on your own. I can still create DVD-Audio discs with reasonably priced software, but hi-def downloads are expensive and, more importantly, not allowed from US vendors to other countries.

SACD, meanwhile, is still being pressed and, as you know, is not the kind of media that can be copied or created at home. In other words, full protection for the DRM studio paranoia that has been going on for decades now. I would have hoped for an increase in SACD releases with this kind of protection but it does not seem to be the case.

If manufacturers drop the SACD playback support for good, unless you own SACD hybrid discs, you are in trouble! Or, start praying that your current player does not break down.

DSD can easily be transmitted via HDMI either in 88.2/24 PCM format or native DSD. It is an uncomplicated setup for most users, and it works very well.

I understand that it is up to manufacturers and record labels to resurrect the format. SACD is better than CD and it can play in any CD/DVD player, given its hybrid incarnation. The market would still be a niche, though.

melkrlee
05-21-2011, 08:34 PM
i would like the BDP 2000 series has DTS-HD enable or atleast 1.3M bitstreaming.

Rod
05-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi,

I'm working in Philips on Blu-ray products. Thank you very much for your valuable input. Unluckily that our product line up in 2011 is already fixed. It is very difficult for us to add Skype feature into our product range. But definitely, we will take your input in the consideration for our 2012 product planning.

Rod
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi,

This is Rod again. Thanks for your comment on missing the SACD/DVD-Audio. It is a very valid comment. We will take your input into our consideration for the our new Blu-ray product.

Rod
05-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Melrlee,

I'm working in Philips on Blu-ray product. Thank you very much on your comment on the BDP2000 series. We hear the voice from our customers and users. We will add DTS-HD Master Audio in our next 2000 series generation. However, I'm sorry that the current 2000 series cannot have this feature since it is not software upgradable.

Paulo Roberto Elias
05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi,

This is Rod again. Thanks for your comment on missing the SACD/DVD-Audio. It is a very valid comment. We will take your input into our consideration for the our new Blu-ray product.

Thank you. Please let us know if anything happens in that direction. I for one who would gladly upgrade to a new machine if those features are implemented.

I know that DVD-Audio were never in Philips plans, but consider this: DVD-Audio can be authored at home, with programs that are able to upsample various audio sources. Depending of which source one uses, the results are many times surprisingly better and worth one's while.

In addition, the above procedure will replace an external board for audio upsampling, such as the ones used by audiophiles. In the not so distant past, I had a Philips DVD player with upsampling capabilty, but the sonic result was not as good as with the software I now use in my PC.

joaosbp
06-06-2011, 06:30 PM
mkv high@L5.1 on BDP8000

rollufje
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
-A resume function for DLNA / USB devices.
and / or
-skip / jump to specific time.

Shurakai
06-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Better firmwares. :cool:

carlosfm
06-20-2011, 04:53 PM
I wish that a (modern) blu-ray player would be like a good media player box, meaning that it plays every audio and video codec out there.
With the added bonus of playing CD/DVD/BR discs.

That's what I expect from a BR player, reason why I don't have one and may never buy one.

vkostas
06-24-2011, 08:31 PM
-A resume function for DLNA / USB devices.
and / or
-skip / jump to specific time.

+ 1 from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vkostas
06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
- Fix "Play all shuffle/random" issue. I have a BDP7500 (B2/12) and I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with this feature. It only plays on a VERY LIMITED range. It keeps shuffling 20-50 tracks...
- Add BDP7500 to iPhone Remote App!!!
- WAV ID3 tag support or (FLAC format + ID3 support). I have my media in FLAC but I converted all of them (I kept FLAC of course) to mp3 360kbps. I can play them as WAV (server converts on the fly) but NO title, artist,... Nothing.
- More ID3 tag support: COMMENT (enough to cover 90% of the needs), year, CD nr, Track nr, composer, lyricist.

rollufje
06-25-2011, 09:17 AM
+ 1 from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't want it only in the 2011 models.... the current models should have it also. Without it network streaming just isn't user friendly.

BRquest
08-06-2011, 04:05 PM
What feature you want your Blu-ray player equips? Share your 2011 wish list here

I exchanged my Pinoneer DV-410V-K DVD player to the Philips Blue Ray BDP3200/12.

With the Pinoneer it was possible to listen via the TV to Audio on USB Stick attched to the DVD player. It was also possible to dark the TV monitor (Samsung LED TV)so the Monitor light did not disturb night time.

Listining to audio is of course also possible with BDP3200/12 but not to turn of or darken down the TV monitor. When listening to the audio via the TV the monitor is all the time switched on with its blue philips backlight picture. This is quite anoying.

(Pinoneer as Philips player use HDMI connection)

KongKM
01-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Add SACD, 24bit FLAC and 16Bit ALC decoders to BDP 9600.