PDA

View Full Version : F/W upgrades direct from the internet not working anymore

MarcoV
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi,

Is there a special reason for the fact that the firmware upgrades directly from the internet are not working anymore?
One must download it now and put it on USB drive and stick it into the TV, although the 'Firmware upgrade via Internet' is still available. Did Philips changed the URL and has this not being fixed in the F/W?

Best regards,
Marco

Toengel
03-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi,

not all firmwares will be released via the integrated update mechanism... intermediate releases will not be published over this channel...

Toengel@Alex

Lech1
04-29-2011, 02:36 PM
This is kind of disadvantage because if someone has wifi module plugged in, it has always to unplug it, do the upgrade from usb stick and plug wifi module back in. Should modern technology work this way?

Toengel
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi,

but how often do you install a firmware?

Toengel@Alex

Lech1
04-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Well, it depends on ... Philips ...? I think, it is about making things easier, better as "someone" stated before.

Toengel
04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi,

I think you can also use a 4-port hub/switch on your TV. But I suggest for upgrading to plug in the USB directly...

Toengel@Alex

Lech1
05-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Philips Customer Service told me this TV does not support USB switches/hubs.

Muccie
05-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Questions stays: what is the use of a menu option for firmware upgrage over (W)LAN, if since many months all the new firmware's that came out, could only be installed over USB.... no reaction from Philips on this ?

mhermann
05-29-2011, 03:18 PM
The possibility to upgrade the firmware via internet can be enabled/disabled in the SAM (service alignment mode). Maybe Philips has disabled that feature on your TV? Anyway, I can confirm that I've never been able to update the firmware by using Wifi. The according update dialog immediately states that there's no new firmware available. At least, Philips should precise the according dialog messages.