PDA

View Full Version : Hey philips, please fix this in a new update

Djawe
03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi guys,

Ever since i bought a tv for my little brother i have felt bad about the purchase because the screen always looked too contrasted hence dark. But after long i found the perfect setting finally and it looks great. The problem is, there is a certain setting that gets reset when u turn off and turn on the tv again. Which i could swear is the dynamic contrast. Its a little effort go get it back to normal but i would still like this fixed for my little brother. To get it back to normal all u have to do is change the smart picture profile and then reactivate your profile. That simple

Let me clarify about the setting i have.

Brightness is on 50
Contrast is on 70
Colour on 50
Sharpness on 0
Noise reduction 0
Tint had been adjusted to 133/100/72

Digital crystal clear:
>advanced sharpness on
>dynamic contrast OFF
>dynamic backlight off
>mpeg artifact off
>colour enhancement medium
>gamma -3

These options as a whole make for a great setting similar to what i have been used to with other tv's and gaming. I highly recommend it to others

But to get back to my point. From all those settings, dynamic contrast gets reset everytime i switch off and switch on my tv.

My tv model is 32pfl3606h/12
Updated fw to 2.24

Pls would anyone, or more importantly, philips confirm this and reply. I really think i found an issue here because people would may think their screen looked good after they adjusted it, and when they switch on the tv next time realise it doesnt look that great.

You would make for a happy costumer were this to get fixed. Till then i will have to use that trick to let it readjust everytime i switch it back on

Djawe
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
To clarify(and bump)

The dynamic contrast setting gets resetted back to being on, while i have it switched off. This is no doubt a software bug.

When i switch off the tv, i expect the any setting to be permanently saved like tv's back in the days. While the setting does get saved, the effect comes back when the tv is turned back on after it was turned off.

I really hope this gets read because fixing this would fix a major issue. Please give me a sign if u guys read this and brought it forward.

Philips - Benedickte
03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi Djawe.

could you please confirm to me how you're switching your TV off? ( plug on wall, Remote control to standby or switch on TV?)

Best regards,
Benedickte

To clarify(and bump)

The dynamic contrast setting gets resetted back to being on, while i have it switched off. This is no doubt a software bug.

When i switch off the tv, i expect the any setting to be permanently saved like tv's back in the days. While the setting does get saved, the effect comes back when the tv is turned back on after it was turned off.

I really hope this gets read because fixing this would fix a major issue. Please give me a sign if u guys read this and brought it forward.

Djawe
03-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Hi Djawe.

could you please confirm to me how you're switching your TV off? ( plug on wall, Remote control to standby or switch on TV?)

Best regards,
Benedickte

I use the remote controls turn on/off button. Occasionally I have my tv turn off completely with the button on the side of the tv, and sometimes have it plugged off(by removing the plug of a multiple plug connector like this (http://pan1.fotovista.com/dev/1/2/00036721/l_00036721.jpg))

All with the same results, being that dynamic contrast is set on when I turn the tv back on, unless I change and turn back the smart tv setting.

I just want to know if this is a common issue that people couldn't put their finger on, because games look really bad with dynamic contrast on, especially older consoles like playstation 2 and the wii.

What I did to confirm my issue was having to smart tv presets being exact the same with the only difference being dynamic contrast set off on the normal preset, and dynamic contrast set on maximum on the photo preset.

When I turn on the tv with the photo preset, it looks exactly how I set it. But when I set it on the normal preset and turn on the tv, the preset looks like the photo preset(the one with the dynamic contrast on maximum). This is apparant when I change it from normal to photo, when there's no change in the screen when i do that, but then i take it back to the normal preset, and then it decides to activate my dynamic contrast setting(on off).

Djawe
03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi Djawe.

Best regards,
Benedickte

I use the remote controls turn on/off button. Occasionally I have my tv turn off completely with the button on the side of the tv, and sometimes have it plugged off(by removing the plug of a multiple plug connector like this (http://pan1.fotovista.com/dev/1/2/00036721/l_00036721.jpg))

All with the same results, being that dynamic contrast is set on when I turn the tv back on, unless I change and turn back the smart tv setting.

I just want to know if this is a common issue that people couldn't put their finger on, because games look really bad with dynamic contrast on, especially older consoles like playstation 2 and the wii.

What I did to confirm my issue was having the smart tv presets being exact same with the only difference being dynamic contrast set off on the normal preset, and dynamic contrast set on maximum on the photo preset.

When I turn on the tv with the photo preset, it looks exactly how I set it(with the dynamic contras set on maximum for the photo preset). But when I set it on the normal preset and turn on the tv, the preset looks like the photo preset(the one with the dynamic contrast on maximum). This is most apparant when I change it from normal to photo after i just switched on the tv, because nothing changes when i do that because going from the normal preset with the dynamic contrast resetted to on, and then switch to the photo preset gets me the exact same result, untill i turn it back to the normal preset, and then it decides to activate my dynamic contrast setting(to off).

Djawe
03-21-2013, 06:15 AM
I am highly dissapointed with the support i got so far. We consumers are here giving feedback for our own needs. But arent you realising that adressing people's reasonable issues is gonna help your brand?

i swear ive had it with this tv and brand. and now the support is terrible as well. im gonna sell this crap tv. here a customer thats gonna reccomend no one to get a philips product

sincerely, a patient former supporter

chrisham
03-21-2013, 06:27 AM
You do know that this forum is *not* the official Philips support channel, don't you?

This forum is mainly for user-to-user communication, with Philips occasionally chiming in and moderating.

Which of the official support channels (eMail from Support web site, Chat on support web site) did you try?

Djawe
03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
i havent. could you give me links to those places?

theres just so much wrong with the screen adjust options. the pc mode is perfect, literally, but yet only works for hdmi. not only that, but 720p isnt upscaled. As in it doesnt go full screen with 720p on the pc mode.

the software is a mess. ive been adjusting it from the very first day and yet i always find some issue to ruin it all.

all im gonna say is, that the tv has potential. But the software is holding it back. i dont even know if the stress is worth it anymore. might just sell it. but a link to the support sites would be apreciated. thanks in advance

chrisham
03-21-2013, 09:46 AM
No problem.

You can start at http://www.philips.com/global/country_selector.page - since I don't know where you live, this is a point of entry where you can find your location.

In my case (Germany) I then select the 'Consumers' dropdown, and 'Support' from there. This brings me to
http://www.support.philips.com/support/sms_page.jsp?userLanguage=de&userCountry=de

In the top right of the title bar on that screen, there is 'Contact', and on that page, I have three modes of contact: eMail, Chat and this Forum.

The first two are 'official'; in the 'Terms of Use' of the Forum, it is stated that the Forum is mainly for User-to-User interaction.