PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade does not occur

mqbenedict
03-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I have a 32PFL2807H/12 (Series 2800) on which I'm trying to upgrade the software. Current version is V.0.2.9a.

Followed the instructions to install VES11E_0.8.9b. All the flashing and delays occur as expected and folders are created on USB stick. However, version number is still the same.

Any suggestions?

Toengel
03-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Hi,

try to install again.

Toengel@Alex

mqbenedict
03-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, well that was the first thing I tried...several times. Got to the point that it qualified for insanity under the heading "Doing the same thing expecting a different result ;-) " Tried a different USB stick type. Same result. All the blinking lights seem consistent with an upgrade, but version number remains the same. Tried unzipping with different software etc.

Toengel
03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi,

first format a USB stick with FAT (maybe FAT16 - not FAT32). Copy the *.bin and *.txt to the root of the usb stick. Then:

1. Switch the TV to standby.
2. Connect the USB flash drive (containing the software update) to the USB connector on the TV.
3. Press and hold the OK button on the remote control. Do not release the OK button.
4. Switch on the TV using the power switch on the TV.
5. Hold the OK button for 5 more seconds.
6. Release the OK button once the LED starts blinking. LED blinking indicates that the software
upgrade is in process.
7. TV start-up by itself upon successful software upgrade.
8. To confirm the latest software is properly installed, check the software version displayed in the
[Settings]. Refer Step 1 on how to check the software version.

Toengel@Alex

mqbenedict
03-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Ok. Got a USB stick formatted FAT16. Followed the above procedure. All the blinking and expected delays and start-up occur - as before. Installed unzipped 32pfl2807h_12_fus_aen.zip with bin and txt file in the root directory. Version on TV still V.0.2.9a.

Assuming that means it's not updating since the version on the website is called VES11E_0.8.9b.

Any other ideas?

Philips - Benedickte
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok. Got a USB stick formatted FAT16. Followed the above procedure. All the blinking and expected delays and start-up occur - as before. Installed unzipped 32pfl2807h_12_fus_aen.zip with bin and txt file in the root directory. Version on TV still V.0.2.9a.

Assuming that means it's not updating since the version on the website is called VES11E_0.8.9b.

Any other ideas?

Hi Mqbenedict.

Could you please press 123654 on your remote control, while your TV is in normal viewing mode ( not menu). ou then get a CSM menu up of a total of 3 pages. Then doucle check the model number and current software version installed.

The only file you should have on your USB stick is the autorun.upg - file.

Best regards,
Benedickte

mqbenedict
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks Benedickte. I am using this as a monitor and not a TV, so when I go to TV mode and enter 1236545, I just get a message that I have not selected any channels. Don't have any antenna etc. so...

At any rate, I am not seeing autorun.upg on my stick at all. Attached is what I see.1807

Toengel
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
The only file you should have on your USB stick is the autorun.upg - file.

Hi,

it seems to be different on the TV/platform - you Need both files: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl2807h_12/32pfl2807h_12_fin_eng.pdf

Toengel@Alex

Toengel
03-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi,

@benedict

please remove all other files. Only Keep the bin and the txt.

Toengel@Alex

mqbenedict
03-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks. That worked...once. I did that and when I checked, the menus were different and I indeed saw on the "other settings" page additional information (relative to pre-upgrade) including the version number of the upgrade. However, after trying to get the video to work properly (which is the overarching problem), when I checked again, the original screen with the original software version showed. Tried a couple of times more and cannot get the upgrade to occur.

It's as if it automatically reverted to the first software version. Yes, I had removed the USB drive.

Really really upredictable. Any help would be appreciated.