PDA

View Full Version : Playing MKV file via DLNA

C00PER
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Sorry if this topic has already been discusses, but can't find it anywhere :/

I want to play MKV files via DLNA on my xxPFL7605 TV. Via TV I see all .avi files which are shared for playlist, but I don't see any of my 1080p or 720p files, which are in .mkv format....

PLEASE don't tell me, that Philips doesn't support those files, beacuse I really don't know why I bought such "hi-tech" TV, if I must use HD players or hubs to play those files...

If there any sollution, so I could play those files as well ??

Thank you already in advance...

Cheers...

Lake292
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
i use tversity and its fine for playing MKV but they cant contain DTS sound, search for popcorn audio converter tool which converts DTS sound to AC3 in like 10 minutes... not best solution but hey it works :)

kralizeck
03-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I suggest you to check your dlna server configuration. It's seems not to offer mkv files to clients.
By the way... even if you can play mkv files, you only could use first video, first audio... no subtitle, no forward/rewind, no goto a time...

C00PER
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I've tried tversity, but TV says that file cannot be found or read ;(((

kralizeck
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I've tried tversity, but TV says that file cannot be found or read ;(((This problem is very common with mkv container (since versión 4.1.0). You have to re-make the mkv without header compresion.

Here is more info and solution, but in spanish, sorry: http://matroska.info/

smart
03-03-2011, 04:59 AM
On my end it works fine to play mkv files, even in FullHD resolution. Works with dlna and usb. From PC and from Mediaserver in Fritzbox 7390. I converted most files to mkv using FormatFactory: http://www.chip.de/downloads/FormatFactory_32504225.html

Audio should be AC3 not dts.

C00PER
03-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Ok, I'll try it, but I guess this still doesn't resolve a problem with subtitles, does it ? I'd like to play subtitles with mkv/avi file, but everywhere I read, this is a big negative issue ;(

Does anyone have a sollution about it ?

Lake292
03-03-2011, 10:03 AM
There is solution... sell your TV they dont want to support subtitles... im getting very frustrated with this set... i feel like i wasted my money on this... :(