PDA

View Full Version : Netflix on 6000 series

berntsl
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Just before new year 2012, I bought a Smart TV, model 55PFL6097T/12. Picture quality is just perfect and so on. But, when it comes to installing preferable Smart TV apps via "App Gallery" this TV is just a big disappointment.

When it comes to movie/series apps, I find pre installed apps like Viaplay, Viewster, Headweb and so on..they are probably okay...but they are all apps that you have to pay for. As a registered customer on Netflix I do not want to join the above mentioned apps!

My TV do not find Netflix as an app!? My girlfriend have the same TV in the 46" size...same story there.

So, I tried to move around the problem using the pre installed "Internet" app on my TV and logged into my Netflix account from there. That worked for a wild, but suddenly it got veery slow, and everything just stopped completely after some time. I have a 25Mbit+ internet line (up and down via fiber cable) so speed is not an issue! Surfing on other web pages is not a problem. The software on my TV is the latest one "xxxxx.083".

I have searched around on this forum, and the only answer I can find regarding Netflix is generally:

"At this moment Netflix is not available on our sets.

Best regards, Benedickte"

End of January 2013 I bought the Philips Blue Ray Player BDP5500/12. This one has a WiFi connection, and from the "App Gallery" on this one I could search for, find and install Netflix?!

On my Blue Ray Player, Netflix worked great for a wild...but then bugs started to show up also here...??? The BRP thends to lock up in "Stand By" mode, and the only way to get it working again is to turn of the power!!! When I power up again, I am able to start Netflix, but then I get no sound...??? Also for the BRP I have the latest software installed (v3.53).

If I connect my laptop to the TV, log in to my Netflix account from there I have no problems at all!

None of my friends having Smart TV/BRP from Samsung/Sony/LG or Apple TV are having these issues regarding Netflix!

Does Philips (Norway) have a license issue regarding Netflix or something???

Hopefully you can give me (and other users) a good answer!

Thanks!

berntsl
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
@Philips

Hello, are you there?

Are you able to give me an explanation and hopefully a solution regarding Netflix please?

Thanks

rogerammoun
03-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi Philips
Having similar problem on 55PFL7007T in the United Kingdom.
Any reason why there is no Netflix app available?!?!
Many thanks

Etherion
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
As a recent owner of Philips 47PFL6008, which had Netflix in the descriptions when I compared TVs, I would also like to know when the app is going to hit our TVs... I have a workaround to watch Netflix from my PC via HDMI, but having the app directly on the TV as promised would be very welcome.

bjossis
05-13-2013, 07:55 AM
Hello Philips.

I am about to buy a new TV. At the moment there are 3 brands I am investigating: Philips 47PFL6097T, UPPLEVA 46" and a 46" Samsung which type number I can't recall.

I really would like to buy the Philips TV but I've been told that it doesn't support Netflix! Can I expect a Netflix upgrade in the nearest future or do I have to buy one of the other two brands?

mct
05-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Hello Philips.
I also have a 6000 series (32PFL6606D/77) and I'd like to watch Netflix in my smart TV. Is there going to be an upgrade so we can have this App?

Thanks in advance.

souleducation
06-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Hello Philips,
I also have a 32PFL6606D/77 and I'd like to watch Netflix in my smart TV. I have been waiting for this app for almost a year.
Please give us an update!

Thanks in advance.

Flaxy
12-27-2013, 11:54 AM
So did a Netflix app to the 6000 series ever get added?

roger1965
12-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Philips doesn't seem to care to much about Smart TV apps. They even discontinued the very often used Tunein radio app.
It is one big disappointment with most of the Smart TV apps. My next TV won't be a Philips, that for sure.