PDA

View Full Version : Experience thread - FW v150.85 - for 6/7/8/9xx7 Series - 2012

Toengel
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi,

The new FW is now live.

Edit: For technical feedback (pos. and neg. points) please post in the following thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11306-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53470#post53470).
This thread should be more for details and discussions.

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog QF1EU-0.150.85.0

· Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK.
· Solution for the 60PFL9607S/12 regarding strong color flickering in picture with 3D max clarity and 2 player gaming mode.
· Solution for incorrect TXT characters for czech and slovak programms for DVBT and DVBC reception.
· Solution for External VGA can be selected, but video is not shown.
· Solution for Maxdome regarding movies stops streaming after a pause for a short time (3min+).
· Perfect Natural Motion performance optimizations.

Toengel@Alex

JeroenSt
03-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Where can I download it? It's not on the support page of the 42PFL6007H.

When is the changelog posted?

Toengel
03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Hi,

just download the Firmware - the ZIP contains the latest Firmware 150.85 (autorun.upg should be dated to february).

Toengel@Alex

JeroenSt
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I can confirm the television is now installing 150.85, thanx!

jeik
03-06-2013, 08:45 PM
results ?????

JeroenSt
03-06-2013, 08:46 PM
And they still didn't fix the multichannel audio output format, still the audio stops sometimes for 200ms, but only when viewing an HD channel (and also playing from network), not when viewing HDMI input...

Damn!!:mad:

And still I get the error message of an defective HDMI cable on several devices with several cables. The picture is good but this annoying message popsup every time I select the source.

Starting ambilight lounge mode takes a long time but at least it works now, so there is an improvement!

The message that a CAM module is connected keeps popping up every time when starting the telivision, of course it's there....

I think the overal response is a littlebit faster, but it is not very much. Zapping between HD channels is still slow, but this can also maybe come because the television has to wait for the keyframe...

Toengel
03-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi,

please don't forget to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes...

Toengel@Alex

nieluj
03-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Waiting for my program to end...did dynamic baclight flicker problem solved ???

LbL!
03-07-2013, 05:31 AM
please don't forget to pull power cord for 2-3 minutes...
Toengel@Alex

Hi!

Perhaps you should see to that they then Update the Installation Instructions on all Support pages where the new Software can be found!

Now the installation instructions PDF-file doesn't say anything about pulling the cord ... :-)

It should be mentioned under "Step 3" in the instructions!

http://www.philips.se/c/catalog/fragments/support/software_related_document_display.jsp;jsessionid=1 0175D085FEBE5E5D2CB5626A59E41B4.app121-drp1?docType=FUS&country=SE&languageCode=SWE&ctn=47PFL6067T%2F12&catalogType=CONSUMER&language=sv&selRelDocType=FIN&relatedDocTypes=FHI%2CFIN%2CFUR

/LbL!

nieluj
03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
The update ask to remove usb key and power cord.

seems to have fixed the dynamic backlight issue, more tests tonight

Toengel
03-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi,

first complete the update (until the TV is running again). Then go into standby, THEN pull power cord... NOT during the upgrade procedure!

Toengel@Alex

nieluj
03-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi,

first complete the update (until the TV is running again). Then go into standby, THEN pull power cord... NOT during the upgrade procedure!

Toengel@Alex

I mean that the update ask to remove the power cord for 1 minute, written on the screen

Toengel
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Hi,

really? Interessting...

Toengel@Alex

nieluj
03-07-2013, 08:00 AM
yeap, had a little thrill doing this but it worked. Update done

emer
03-07-2013, 08:03 AM
I mean that the update ask to remove the power cord for 1 minute, written on the screen
Never ask me for remove the power cord ... only for remove pendrive.
Philips never gave one instructions what to do after FW update - where can you read (manual, www Philips, forum), there are written differently.

majorusa
03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
For the first time last nigh the update procedure failed. I received a message on the screen saying that the update cannot complete and I was advised to take out the USB, turn off the TV then turn on and follow the instructions on the screen. I did this then it was "no software present". I reinserted the USB flash drive and the Update restarted and completed. It was an adrenaline ride!

On the update procedure:
1. Turn on the TV set
2. Insert the USB flash drive with the autorun.upg file in it
3. The TV will detect the upgrade automatically if the autorun.upg version is newer that the sw version on the TV and will start the upgrade process
4. Wait till a message stating that the upgrade is complete, remove all inserted USB devices and pull the power cord for one minute.
5. Remove all USB devices and pull the cord.
6. Wait 2 minutes to be sure that all processes ended
7. Plug in the cord.
8. Enjoy / get frustrated by your TV!

There you go. I performed this procedure for each upgrade since the initial fw the TV was first shipped.

L1Zeeman
03-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Philips never gave one instructions what to do after FW update - where can you read (manual, www Philips, forum), there are written differently.

The textbox I get on my 32PFL6007H/12 says: "Remove all inserted USB memory devices. Disconnect the mains power cable. Reconnect after one minut."
Maybe the text is different in other languages (I use English)? Or could it be related to the version of the electronic user manual on the TV?

niki999
03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
The textbox I get on my 32PFL6007H/12 says: "Remove all inserted USB memory devices. Disconnect the mains power cable. Reconnect after one minut."
Maybe the text is different in other languages (I use English)? Or could it be related to the version of the electronic user manual on the TV?

Nope it is the right text i get the same text. I do that every time I install a new firmware and never had any problems.

kookaburra
03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi,

The new FW is now live.

For detailed technical feedback, please use this thread.

Edit: For technical feedback please post in the following thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11306-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53470#post53470).
This thread should be for more details and discussions.

IMPORTANT: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

QF1EU-0.150.85.0

- not available yet

Toengel@Alex

Local Dimming pumps, PNM artifacts ... All these problems are the same as we have in our moelos 2011 (21:9). Does this mean that we will soon have an update for these problems in our teleisores 2011.

Best Regards

Google translator.

Joachim
03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
The bug TVs switches from Standby to a mode 'like "Quick Start"', even though the "Quick Start", "Activate" is "Off" (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10721-Experience-Thread-FW-150-83-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53147&viewfull=1#post53147) still remains in 150.085 :(.

x7007
03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Anything new with the philips 7007 Pixel underscan to the right and the buttom on tests it doesn't show the white line which it should On the buttom and right side, it just takes it too much to the right and down, left and up are Ok.

mrb1972
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Here is the change log so far taken from the german philips support website

Changelog:

# No SmartTV access in conjunction with various routers / solved
# No SmartTV access / Philips server not found / solved
# Intermittent flickering backlight in high-contrast scenes change, if only dynamic backlight is activated / released
# 60PFL9607S/12 - 3D Max Clarity and 2 player gaming mode solved /
# PNM performance optimizations
# PQ improvements (in terms of shocks, halos, artifacts, etc.)
# Pops when switching HDMI sources external dissolved

emer
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
( ... )
Sorry ...
"plug out any USB, plug out cord, 1 minut, plugin in" - that's the info after update ... :p

vulliw
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry ...
"plug out any USB, plug out cord, 1 minut, plugin in" - that's the info after update ... :p

that's right here in holland exactly the same

x7007
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
philips, what about this problem ? it is really annoying as it's not 1:1 pixel mapping, and some thing are out of the screen, harder to click and harder to see/read

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode&p=50095&viewfull=1#post50095

Picture Shift ( Doesn't Work AT ALL)
I' go in the setup go to Picture Shift, it doesn't move anything in OFF , game or computer mode. using PC > HDMI > TV Radeon 7970.

Can u replicate this problem and fix this ? The only screen i think it maybe did anything is in the Firmware update screen which look offscreen but i can't move anything there while it's there. When u in Picture shift and i am just clicking one side, lets say Left, the Left arrow in the picture shift will dissapear after couple of clicks which means it works but nothing change on the screen. I tried Unscaled or Wide screen, still nothing seem to work.

x7007
03-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Why is this happening !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2j2vJ_idhM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11310-Firmware-Update-the-2nd-time

Philips - Benedickte
03-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Why is this happening !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2j2vJ_idhM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11310-Firmware-Update-the-2nd-time

Hi x7007.

Could you please confirm that the software is updated and you have unplugged the TV for 2 mins?
What is the result after this?

Best regards,
Benedickte

x7007
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Yes the firmware was upgraded all the times 1.50.85 currently the last time i updated. and I followed the unplugged rule all the time from the start.

I can replicate it everytime.
Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqD968FoPZw&feature=youtu.be

as follows
Software update QF1EU-0.150.85.0
Current Software : QF1EU-0.150.85.0
Release notes: Release for FusionR2:
QF1EU-0.150.85.0_bld11a
Generation date:
24/02/2013 23:23:54

Everytime i change Source there is Green-Pinky flash from the TV almost the same as i get from the Firmware update ?

Does everyone has it when they change source ?
No matter if the source is connected or on.

I found the problem, everytime i go in the USB menu from Source i get the Scrambled screen ! and if i click to change source again the all screen is scrambled until i change Source.

1.When going to USB from source menu and going to Satalite which i don't have anything connected to it get the green pink screen,
2.When going to USB from source menu and going to TV which i don't have connected i get black screen, if i click Source again i get the scramble screen pink-green.
3.When going to USB from source menu and going to Computer everything is ok, Computer mode always fix it if there are the pink-green scramble.
4.When going to USB from source menu and going to Game-Mode which is PS3 which not turned on i get black Screen and little fast scramble for a sec and going to Satalite or TV doesn't have scramble.
5.When going to USB from source menu and going to HDMI4-5 YCbcR VGA and going to Satalite or TV doesn't show scramble anymore

What is wrong with the USB Tv screen ? and why HDMI Computer input fixes it ?

It doesn't look like TV problem, but more firmware thing, cause i can replicate it, still i didn't check this thing before but i remember i had those little scrambles when i first turned on the tv when moving and making sources the first time, so i can't be sure.
TV came with 1.33.5

I will get it on film, please fix this.

x7007
03-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Philips, do u have any idea what is going on ?

NO One else can replicate it ?

Syncmahv
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
philips, what about this problem ? it is really annoying as it's not 1:1 pixel mapping, and some thing are out of the screen, harder to click and harder to see/read

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?9523-6007-Issue-with-Game-Computer-mode&p=50095&viewfull=1#post50095

Picture Shift ( Doesn't Work AT ALL)
I' go in the setup go to Picture Shift, it doesn't move anything in OFF , game or computer mode. using PC > HDMI > TV Radeon 7970.

Can u replicate this problem and fix this ? The only screen i think it maybe did anything is in the Firmware update screen which look offscreen but i can't move anything there while it's there. When u in Picture shift and i am just clicking one side, lets say Left, the Left arrow in the picture shift will dissapear after couple of clicks which means it works but nothing change on the screen. I tried Unscaled or Wide screen, still nothing seem to work.

Same here.
Still get the same problem, no 1:1 pixel mapping in game/computer mode !

x7007
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
When using any kind of 3D everything becomes too dark and there is no way to up the brightness specific for 3D mode, it's stupid to change the brightness every time when u change 2D to 3D cause everything is 50% darker.

Can u add a Brightness mode for 3D ? like it has it's own 3D contrast and 3D video Contrast.

It's TOO dark

Using http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php Everything good with 2D brightness 50. when using 2D-3D conversion everything goes darker expect the last rows of squares, that's too much of detail lost. even if i up the contrast on 3D video contrast and the 3D contrast is at 100 it doesn't help.

And the Input latency please make it better, even when using COMPUTER or GAME nothing seem to change at all, 2D is slow and 3D is even twice as slower. Please improve the 3D input lag cause it's almost to no impossible to play game when i need to play them at 1080p24 too, that's like putting the mouse on your head and trying to shoot.

mrb1972
03-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Same here.
Still get the same problem, no 1:1 pixel mapping in game/computer mode !

Yep - same here on my 6007

x7007
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Can anyone please see if this happen to him too

Anyone, anywhere philips 7007

I don't understand why this is happening .

Do this ,. Source > go USB click > Source > choose SATALITE click > Does the screen goes all scramble like in the video pink+green ?
Please someone,

Is it bug or something else ?? i want to know if to throw the TV out of the window ,, can anyone just test it and tell me ?

gaaron
03-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi, I received my 46pfl8007t this morning - still playing about with it. The 'software' says it's uptodate .82. I know there is the .85 that is a zip file. I haven't got a USB flashdrive yet. Will this update be available just through the tv via internet soon?

x7007
03-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Hi, I received my 46pfl8007t this morning - still playing about with it. The 'software' says it's uptodate .82. I know there is the .85 that is a zip file. I haven't got a USB flashdrive yet. Will this update be available just through the tv via internet soon?

u can download from philips site
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=pl&ctn=40PFL8007T/12

40pfl8007t_12_fus_aen.zip
Version: 000.150.085.000, Zip file, 146.30 MB, Date published: 2013-03-06

click on the file and you will download.

gaaron, could u please help me with my problem ? could u please check the youtube video and follow the actions i posted to see if you have the same problem as me ?

mrb1972
03-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Can anyone please see if this happen to him too

Anyone, anywhere philips 7007

I don't understand why this is happening .

Do this ,. Source > go USB click > Source > choose SATALITE click > Does the screen goes all scramble like in the video pink+green ?
Please someone,

Is it bug or something else ?? i want to know if to throw the TV out of the window ,, can anyone just test it and tell me ?

I dont see anything like that on my 6007

mrb1972
03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Good news is the dynamic backlight flicker seems to be fixed with this update on my 6007, I can even use the best picture setting for the first time.

x7007
03-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Is there someone with 7007 or 8007 to see if you have the same problem as i linked before ?

as follows

or

please try to replicate this so i will know my tv is working and there is nothing wrong, maybe more things are badly on some way.

gaaron
03-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Is there someone with 7007 or 8007 to see if you have the same problem as i linked before ?

as follows

or

please try to replicate this so i will know my tv is working and there is nothing wrong, maybe more things are badly on some way.

Hi, I am sorry, I am unable to try it out for you as I haven't got a USB to try or Satellite. I hope someone can help you.

majorusa
03-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi x7007.

I tested my 6007 with two usb devices, one HDD NTFS formatted and one flash USB fat formatted. Both played fine. I could not replicate your TV behavior.
Try to reformat the stick or test another USB flash in order to determine if it is the stick or the TV.

Philips
03-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Dear all,

We've added the release notes in the 1st post.

Please give us your feedback (pos. and neg. findings) in the technical thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11306-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53470#post53470) using the provided template. That would help us a great deal. Tnx in advance.

Please focus on the addressed issues, it has no sense to repeat others that are not mentioned in the Change Log but already described in the 150.83 thread. Any new issues can be ventilated of course.

Important:
1. Please note that it is crucial to do a cold start (unplug -> wait 2 min. -> plug) after the upgrade.
2. Before starting to complain about changed picture quality, re-check your picture settings and re-set them to your preferences if necessary.

Regards,
JuAn

Peksi
03-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Any help of jerky picture? (55PFL6007T)

When i play 23.976fps mkv files picture jumping strangely.
No matter wich input Bluray-HDMI, PC-VGA, PC-HDMI, USB.
24.000fps, 25.000fps mkv files working fine.
I think at latest fw (55pfl6007t_12_fus_fin) fix usb
playing to tolerable. Tested to WD External HD.
Any change fix that problem?

Manuj
03-08-2013, 03:53 PM
[...]
Please focus on the addressed issues, it has no sense to repeat others that are not mentioned in the Change Log but already described in the 150.83 thread. Any new issues can be ventilated of course.
[...]
Regards,
JuAn

I would say that it makes much sense to repeat all known issues.
Who will read the 150.83 thread as it is not sticky any longer ? The 150.85 threads should note all issues and thus become the new reference for everybody.

Or Philips should maintain a list of open/confirmed issues that are under correction.
In that way it would make much sense not to address those again and again.

x7007
03-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I think i fixed it .

I did Restore Factory which didn't help at first, but i did it again and i did Reinstall TV.

Now i don't have the problem anymore ! i can go throught all menus without a problem !

I don't know if it was the Picture Profile Movie, now i'm using Personal with the same settings, or it was QuickStart or it really needed a Reinstall because so many thing have change and i went through out the all process every single thing.

x7007
03-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I have another problem i don't know when it happens but it happened only once.

I turned the tv off, woke up after 4-5 hours , went to eat, came to back to turn it on and there was no Red light on the tv. so i tried to check if it was already on, nothing, clicking stuff, try to turn it on, everything actually.

Eventually I needed to plug it off and back in and then the red light came on and i was able to turn it on.

Is that a known bug ? How to fix it ?

dj.m
03-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Hello,

the crackling sound issue when changing TV channel on the FREEBOX v5 has been corrected
the crackling sound issue when changing RADIO channel on the FREEBOX v5 is still present but less

In the past when the TV channel on the FREEBOX v5 was a TNT HD broadcasting Dolby audio, the hdmi audio was not transcoded correctly to stereo on the TV SPdif output, this was generating noise in my hifi amplifier, now it works fine :o

Best Regards

x7007
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I still have the weird bugs as i said before with the pink+green, but it's hard to replicate it at first, that's why I see why some of you don't see it.

anyway, if i try to run FULL HD mkv, with computer game mode= OFF, and PNM to any of the settings, minimum,medium,maximum, with clear = off or on. I see artefacts that people said. It is not fixed !

x7007
03-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Any help of jerky picture? (55PFL6007T)

When i play 23.976fps mkv files picture jumping strangely.
No matter wich input Bluray-HDMI, PC-VGA, PC-HDMI, USB.
24.000fps, 25.000fps mkv files working fine.
I think at latest fw (55pfl6007t_12_fus_fin) fix usb
playing to tolerable. Tested to WD External HD.
Any change fix that problem?

I think i have the same problem, it jerky and there are slowdowns

mrb1972
03-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Why have you removed the "dynamic backlight flicker" fix from the change log? For me its almost 100% perfect now in all settings since loading the new firmware

Peksi
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
The slow-down appears especially on slow scenes.
For example peoples just standing or talking.

Jerky or jumping picture appears when
camera moves slowly side to side or up and down.
People walking slowly or car driving slow.

HD natural motion doesn't help nothing.
And anyway in my eyes HDnm is somehow unreal moving
like peoples just slide forward not walking.

What i have tested so far it seems to be
only 23.976fps mkv files not 24.000fps or 25.000fps.

Avi, mpeg, flv, mp4 not tested yet.

Files working fine my PC, my old sony,
my friends lg, samsung.

"Man goes moon, build particle accelerator,
but can't make working television."

arekz
03-10-2013, 09:26 AM
My 46PFL8007K have the following problems:

Often during watching DVB-T channel picture and sound switches off by itself, TV shows information about availability of HbbTV application (sometimes from different channel). After switching to other channel or source the situation repeats itself after couple of seconds. Switching off HbbTV in menu doesn't help.
The TV forgets to record programs scheduled in guide

kinycobain
03-10-2013, 12:45 PM
I have a 46pfl8007K 10 days ago with 150,085,
PNM in min, med, max, there wake, picture Jerky, jumping in the movements.
Off PNM image flickers and is bad.
Please solve this problem urgently,
I think I will return the TV.

Greetings.

stefanox
03-10-2013, 03:55 PM
never mind
thnx toengel for the link :)

kinycobain
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
What version works best the PNM?
How to downgrade firmware?

regards,

x7007
03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Please fix the input latency-lag when not using Game or Computer mode in 3D and without, and When u do use Game or Computer mode 3D with and without.

mrb1972
03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Can anyone try the following for me and see they get the same results -

Set Dynamic Backlight to Standard, Toogle Light sensor on and off - the picture should brighten and dim as expected

Now set dynamic backlight to Best Picture and toogle the light sensor again - does the picture still brighten and dim - mine dosent.

Philips is the light sensor option supposed to work when dynamic picture is set to "best picture"

Thanks

james87
03-11-2013, 12:39 PM
there is still a delay (input lag) 3d game mode (on the PS3) is really unplayable. philips bad guys doing bad things.

james87
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Here we see that they have not improved anything for our model pfl6007h. anyway ...

• Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK.
• Solution for the 60PFL9607S/12 regarding strong color flickering in picture with 3D max clarity and 2
player gaming mode.
• Solution for incorrect TXT characters for Czech and Slovak programs for DVBT and DVBC reception.
• Solution for External VGA can be selected, but video is not shown.
• Solution for Maxdome regarding movies stops streaming after a pause for a short time (3min+).
• Perfect Natural Motion performance optimizations.

mrb1972
03-12-2013, 12:13 AM
Here we see that they have not improved anything for our model pfl6007h. anyway ...

• Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK.
• Solution for the 60PFL9607S/12 regarding strong color flickering in picture with 3D max clarity and 2
player gaming mode.
• Solution for incorrect TXT characters for Czech and Slovak programs for DVBT and DVBC reception.
• Solution for External VGA can be selected, but video is not shown.
• Solution for Maxdome regarding movies stops streaming after a pause for a short time (3min+).
• Perfect Natural Motion performance optimizations.

Dynamic Backlight has been fixed (improved) on my 6007 - but its not in the list for some reason

Quicksilver86
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Hello.
Here some negativ facts of the new Firmware on my 42PFL6097
>Crackling sound if you change channels is still there.
>PNM has the same problems than bevore and now the picture is stucks very often (PNM Minimum)
>Light-Sensor does not react. There is now dimming if you turn it on or of (now lights in the room)
>3D Picture-Failures with PNM on
>Game/PC-Mode: Picture is moved to the right (5 Pixelrows on the left are blind)

Er-Nie
03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
============================
TV Model: 42PFL6707h/12
Previous Firmware: FW 150.83
Current Firmware: FW 180.85

Positive:
+ Flickering effect (split second stripe in screen) still has to be checked. Hopefully this is solved. I will report later, if this is still existing. (fyi, motherboard is already changed by philips services). -> Not expierenced flickering anymore!
+
+

Negative:
- WD 320GB USB drive keeps running even if not using VOD or recording. Effect: drive makes noice. To reduce the effect drive is put into an neopreen cover with the effect the drive is extremly warm. Is it possible to have attention for this in the new FW update by put the drive in sleep mode when not in use?

-
============================

Toengel
03-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi,

your HDD is used for timeshift. The TV always records, so that youcan go back in time. Example: watching a broadcast for 10 minutes, you can rewind 10 minutes. So - it's a Feature.

Toengel@Alex

Syncmahv
03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
>Game/PC-Mode: Picture is moved to the right (5 Pixelrows on the left are blind)

It has been there from the start and it hasnt gone better.
Other thing is that it is not possible to use pointer in smart TV, how does it work? Everything i have tryed, it wont work.
I have owned this tv from 2012 August.

fd20
03-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi,

your HDD is used for timeshift. The TV always records, so that youcan go back in time. Example: watching a broadcast for 10 minutes, you can rewind 10 minutes. So - it's a Feature.

Toengel@Alex

Hi,

Sometimes you want to record a program just when it has just finished (you watched it on your Tv and liked it) but that is not posible.Why?

Tv is always recording or buffering ?

Thanks,

John Pickles
03-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Well, just spent my first full evening with my 7007 running 150.85. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. The dynamic backlight flicker seems to have been fixed and even better, it seems a lot more responsive when changing from dark to light scenes. When I tried using best picture or best power I had previously found the changes in brightness to distracting. Tonight I watched Skyfall on Bly in an unlit lounge using energy saving setting. Not once was I aware of the picture changing but the blacks remained inky black with not a trace of bleed or clouding. I know the dynamic backlight is working as I turned it off a couple of times during the evening and the picture 'lightened' up a bit. I even left pnm on minimum and this seems to have been improved as well. Only minor artifacting around moving objects but hardly noticeable. Overall, I think 150.85 is a major improvement. Lets hope they don't cock it all up in a future update.

acidduck
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM
@John Pickles.

Could you explain the different dynamic-backlight settings? For instance, what's the difference between 'standard' and 'energy saving'?

I thought 'energy saving' was for 'saving enegy' but as a result, not giving the optimal picture quality compared to the other settings?

Quicksilver86
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I found out that there is another problem since this update.

The picture is set to the right not only in PC/Game-Mode. It´s also the same if the Mode is turned off.

Can you check that and give an answer if i`m right.

mrb1972
03-14-2013, 03:49 PM
I found out that there is another problem since this update.

The picture is set to the right not only in PC/Game-Mode. It´s also the same if the Mode is turned off.

Can you check that and give an answer if i`m right.

Not for me, on my 6007 with game mode off, unscaled is fine and as expected, I confirmed this with a test pattern.

x7007
03-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Not for me, on my 6007 with game mode off, unscaled is fine and as expected, I confirmed this with a test pattern.
The scale is fine for me with it Off, on windows 7 i can see the Show Desktop on the rightest corner perfectly and on a Overscan Test pattern all the lines are perfectly visible to the end of the screen on all 4 sides.
When Computer or Game, the buttom and the right sides white lines are not visible, and the Show Desktop is almost cut but you can see the P goes all the way to the side

Do you guys use the TV as Computer monitor connected to Radeon 7970 HDMI ? set as Computer Game mode > Computer or Off ? Cause it seem that Off is impossible to play and Computer mode just turn the brightness alot, Game mode seems good.

The problem is if i want to watch movie i need to change the profile from Standard ( my gaming profile ) to Movie and then go all the way to the Setup > Tv Options and all the way down to Game or Computer and change it to Off.
It's terribly annoying, what's the point to do that all the freaking day instead of having a shortcut to get there in 1 button or to get to Game or computer, cause this are the options we care about, things we need to disable and enable once per use, and for picture profile that's good 2 buttons, as long it's not more than 3 buttons and scrolling all over the menus, which are Slow too.

The other thing no matter what if it's Computer or Game when enabling 3D mode there is the same latency same as Computer or Game mode on Off, which is very very annoying to control the mouse or anything at all.

Syncmahv
03-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Actually, it now seems that after last firmware the "5 pixel picture shift to the right" Has been fixed, i havnt come across it yet.

:)

leukocyt
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Can't seem to update my TV. Whenever I try to install the update it fails. I'm running 180.82 at the moment on a 6007k tv.

The tv can't find the update on the web for the time being and won't install it from a USB.

Anyone has any ideas what I could do?

Barrowboy63
03-17-2013, 06:52 AM
@John Pickles.

Could you explain the different dynamic-backlight settings? For instance, what's the difference between 'standard' and 'energy saving'?

I thought 'energy saving' was for 'saving enegy' but as a result, not giving the optimal picture quality compared to the other settings?

Hi Acidduck, sorry for the slow reply. I can't really explain the technical differences between the different dynamic backlight settings. I think you've pretty much nailed it on the head with your description above. I chose to use power saving to test for dynamic backlight flicker as this was the setting that seemed to exhibit that problem on previous software versions. I'm happy to say that I have not seen it at all since the update. My preference for the backlight setting is standard. I've gone through all the settings and tweaked them slightly. I've dropped colour to 50, switched off noise and mpeg artefact reduction. PNM off, colour temp to normal and dynamic backlight to standard. With those tweaks applied, I use energy saving for watching in a darkened room, standard or natural for daytime viewing. I'm really pleased and think Philips have done a good job with this update. Ok, the menus are still a bit slow, but as I find I'm not having to dive into them as often to change settings, it's no longer that much of an issue. I'm watching F1 on SkyHD at the moment.F1 is a good test for DSE and banding with all the fast panning shots across areas of block colours. It watch pretty much unwatchable on my previous 47pfl6907 due to banding, but I'm seeing virtually none of that on my current 46pfl7007. The only fault I can find now is one stuck pixel but I don't see it at normal viewing distance so I'm not letting that spoil my enjoyment of the set
Philips have come in for some (deserved) critism for previous software. This time, I think they've got it right.

PS. I seem to have got two ID's on here somehow. Obviously and age thing. Can anyone point me in the direction of how to delete / combine profiles?? Cheers, John AKA Barrowboy63 :-)

aise
03-19-2013, 08:49 AM
watched Amazing Spiderman 3D yesterday (SBS from HDD). paused it for ~10m and when i started to watch it again i saw black pulses from glasses, had to switch off TV. of course here is another problem, i was around 1h before so i had to fast forward it to the point i was, why can't it remember where it was stopped... common feature.

Barrowboy63
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
watched Amazing Spiderman 3D yesterday (SBS from HDD). paused it for ~10m and when i started to watch it again i saw black pulses from glasses, had to switch off TV. of course here is another problem, i was around 1h before so i had to fast forward it to the point i was, why can't it remember where it was stopped... common feature.

Blu-ray Discs / players not remembering where they were stopped is hardly the fault of the TV software. It's a limitation of the format, not the tv :)

aise
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Blu-ray Discs / players not remembering where they were stopped is hardly the fault of the TV software. It's a limitation of the format, not the tv :)

file was .mkv and it was played from HDD wich was connected directly to TV's USB port! old samsung continued exactly at the same place where stopped, with philips you have to fast forward!

Barrowboy63
03-19-2013, 11:21 AM
file was .mkv and it was played from HDD wich was connected directly to TV's USB port! old samsung continued exactly at the same place where stopped, with philips you have to fast forward!

I stand corrected. Note to self: read posts properly before making comments. My apologies.

vuma02
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
· Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK?
sorry I don't understand this update. could someone please explain to me whats meant by the above update in the new software. I have the 8007 and I cant see any solution for UK. im in Scotland UK.
thanks.

pkv
03-23-2013, 08:37 AM
DLNA is no longer working. It might have started a few firmwares ago.

My 6907T can not see my Synology NAS. Other devices detect the NAS without any issues.

_Stephan
03-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Well, I'm pleasantly delighted that the HDNM has improved significantly.

The thing is, I've built up such an allergy against ANY HDNM artifact, that I can still see some, in some ocassions. E.g. when I watched the BluRay - 3D Safari, there are a lot of fade-in effects. And they look....artificial with HDNM set to 'minimum'. But on the other hand, The Hobbit 3D - The whole whatever the dwarves cave is that is taken over by a dragon. It's flawless! So a big thumps up for the developers who have clearly achieved a lot!
A bit of a shame it took so long, and that I've got this strong sense for anything 'wrong' with HDNM that I can still see some issues. But hey, I didn't expect any progress, so I'm quite happy.

The backlight flicker issue is gone (energy saving mode), so again well done.

I was hoping for a bit more though. Even though it was not in the release notes, an external site claimed that the sound issues (sound drops every 90 seconds) when using the ARC. That is not resolved, at least not in my specific case.
I'm still trying to find a way to isolate the issue though. I was able to test on two HDMI cables. But not e.g. using optical, or another receiving device. So I can't point the finger on the Philips TV with 100% assurance, even though I am not the only one experiencing this issue.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the leap forwards with the HDNM issue being mostly resolved, and the backlight flicker being completely resolved.

JeroenSt
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
And they still didn't fix the multichannel audio output format, still the audio stops sometimes for 200ms, but only when viewing an HD channel (and also playing from network), not when viewing HDMI input...

Damn!!:mad:

And still I get the error message of an defective HDMI cable on several devices with several cables. The picture is good but this annoying message popsup every time I select the source.

Starting ambilight lounge mode takes a long time but at least it works now, so there is an improvement!

The message that a CAM module is connected keeps popping up every time when starting the telivision, of course it's there....

I think the overal response is a littlebit faster, but it is not very much. Zapping between HD channels is still slow, but this can also maybe come because the television has to wait for the keyframe...

When will the above problems be solved finally?

The 500ms audio loss problem occurs on the spdif output.

Peksi
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Where to find older firmware?

I'm not sure, but I think that when I bought this ..... box
it did not have the same problems as now.
I did not checked what FW was before update 150.83
and later 150.85.

No problems downgrade 150.85 to 150.83.

AlexBelgium
03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I have noticed with the 150.85 firmware, when playing a movie from external usb harddisc with srt subtitles. The subtitles get "smeared" when there are heavy camera movements when perfect natural motion is used.

stefanox
03-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Well people, i can only say , philips work hard to make solutions!
its not that they leave the people stuck with problems,
give them some time to fix the issue's

DadGommit
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Hello Benedickte, Juan,

Are you (Philips) still reading here? I've not seen any comment/question from Philips' side here (or in the Technical feedback thread) since three weeks. Can you inform us about which issues Philips is working for next software release and which have priority?

Thank you,

Regards.

mini21
04-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone.

First of all, sorry for my poor English :)

32plf6007k have about a month.
I have a problem with watching movies from your hard drive or USB flash drive.

When watching a movie, can be a step trim (something like lag).

The problem occurs every few seconds, and it takes literally a fraction of a second, but it is noticeable and annoying.

I tried it on three different drives and in all the same.

Is it possible to do something about it?
Does anyone have similar problems?

james87
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
when they solve the problem of delay in playing 3d ps3 (call of duty black OPS2)

MartiniB
04-08-2013, 09:05 AM
any response possible there?
Choose 46pfl9707s = my most expensive mistake?! (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11749-Choose-46pfl9707s-my-most-expensive-mistake-!)
any fixes planed, most can be solved by firmware

please rework HDNM/PNM algorithm:
before guest what objects move to what direction do check what areas are static and set as locked that pixels
currently even with OFF mode some static areas goes with moving background together

Philips
04-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Hello Benedickte, Juan,

Are you (Philips) still reading here? I've not seen any comment/question from Philips' side here (or in the Technical feedback thread) since three weeks. Can you inform us about which issues Philips is working for next software release and which have priority?

Thank you,

Regards.

Hi,

Yes of course we are still reading, but we will only post/react when there is new info to share. This is a user-to-user forum in the end.....
I hope you can understand that we cannot give constant info on new SW to come and which issues will be addressed, as this can change by the minute and then people will be utterly disappointed (happened a few times in the past already). All major issues you guys are reporting here is fed back to development, and THEY will decide which of them will be taken up in a new release and when. We (mods) cannot influence that.

Regards,
JuAn

DadGommit
04-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi,

Yes of course we are still reading, but we will only post/react when there is new info to share. This is a user-to-user forum in the end.....
I hope you can understand that we cannot give constant info on new SW to come and which issues will be addressed, as this can change by the minute and then people will be utterly disappointed (happened a few times in the past already). All major issues you guys are reporting here is fed back to development, and THEY will decide which of them will be taken up in a new release and when. We (mods) cannot influence that.

Regards,
JuAn

Hi Juan,

I don’t agree. When an official Philips moderator starts a topic here called ‘technical feedback (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11306-Technical-feedback-for-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=53470#post53470)' and request users to post their experiences, this is no longer a user-to-user forum only but also a source for Philips to obtain fail mode information. (Something which Philips’ own testing department in my opinion hasn’t succeeded to do well). I would say that is also what motivates people to supply detailed information or constructive criticism here instead of slander Philips TV’s elsewhere on the internet.
I just establish you and Benedickte had a more active role in threads about former SW-releases asking for details/examples etc. I think that contributed a lot to the feeling something was actually done with the information. This is showing in the decreasing number of posts in this (and especially the feedback) thread. And to me it is just not a very promising development if Philips let’s a useful source of information dry out.

Regards.

majaril
04-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Para el próximo firmware, podríais mejorar la reproducción de los vídeos para que sea más fácil ir de un punto a otro. Por ejemplo si quiero ver un vídeo a partir de la mitad, tengo que ir avanzando hasta ese punto y tarda muchísimo. Lo mejor sería que se pudiera ir a un punto concreto del vídeo.
Por favor arreglad esto, es muy sencillo.
Gracias

For the next firmware, you might improve the reproduction of the videos in order that it is easier to go from a point to other one. For example if I want to see a video from the half, I have to go advancing up to this point and it is late very much. The better thing would be that it was possible to go to a concrete point of the video. Please arrange this, it is very simple. Thank you

Jarnimo
04-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Hello TPVision,

Will you continue devoloping the software for the 2012 series of Philips Tv's now that the 2013 models are out?

I hope now that the 2012 series are end of live, you will continue devoloping the software of these TV's.
I bought one just two months ago (6007 series). My first impression is that the Picture quality is great!!! But what is this software slowly. Sometimes the TV stops responding, and dont react to any instructions of the remotecontrol. Then i have to wait for a while untill it works again. I never expected this! Especialy attaching my NAS is giving some problems.

I hope you are still working and increasing the quality and reliability of the software and dont forget the 2012 series now that the new 2013 models are in the shops.

Kind Regards, Jarno

Manuj
04-16-2013, 05:05 PM
[...]Sometimes the TV stops responding, and dont react to any instructions of the remotecontrol. Then i have to wait for a while untill it works again. I never expected this! [...]

Software reliability :mad:

No NAS for me, no disk/usb stick, no satellite/TV input : just using the HDMI 1 input.
A few minutes ago the TV would NOT turn ON (red light would stay ON, meaning the TV was in standby mode). We had to unplug power for a few seconds (10s roughly) to make the TV react to remote power ON button.

How did this happen ? well one of my kids just switched off TV yesterday evening but wrongly clicked twice (so TV was ON again). I told him to click again the button (so that makes a third click). Looks like it made the TV go into standby forever.
Again pointing to lack of reliability, and thus development Quality process. Those kind of freeze just should not be able to happen those days.

x7007
04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Software reliability :mad:

No NAS for me, no disk/usb stick, no satellite/TV input : just using the HDMI 1 input.
A few minutes ago the TV would NOT turn ON (red light would stay ON, meaning the TV was in standby mode). We had to unplug power for a few seconds (10s roughly) to make the TV react to remote power ON button.

How did this happen ? well one of my kids just switched off TV yesterday evening but wrongly clicked twice (so TV was ON again). I told him to click again the button (so that makes a third click). Looks like it made the TV go into standby forever.
Again pointing to lack of reliability, and thus development Quality process. Those kind of freeze just should not be able to happen those days.

What model ? 6007 or 7007 ? It did not happen to me yet with 7007. To make sure i just click on the power 2 sec straight without leaving it until I see the red is blinking, sometimes 1 fast click doesn't work and instead of clicking 2 times and maybe turn on and off fast, I just click once long until it turns on.

Manuj
04-17-2013, 02:14 PM
What model ? 6007 or 7007 ? It did not happen to me yet with 7007. To make sure i just click on the power 2 sec straight without leaving it until I see the red is blinking, sometimes 1 fast click doesn't work and instead of clicking 2 times and maybe turn on and off fast, I just click once long until it turns on.

I have a 6007.
I now understand why this is a user/user experience forum... even powering the TV is not clean, but tricky and proned to software bugs.

metedoruk
04-18-2013, 12:57 AM
1-TV menu is very slow.
2-Remote controller feedbacks are so slow. The TV sound is slow when up/down
3-- Perfect Natural Motion still isn't good enough (artifacts/judder). In my opinion this is by far still the most important issue as this disturbs for most users their everyday TV watching experience.
4-The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward
keys sometimes get locked and don't work.
5-Password channels on CI+ module don't operate when TV is turned on after being turned off.
The card on CI+ module needs re-altaching after being detached.
6-Easylink very problems.

miet55
04-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Lack of interoperability between the CAM. Does not play with the frequency 12265V, 12,284 H and 12,188 V. Polish support claims not to certify the Polish satellite operators. So what is sold in Poland?
Recommend it to anyone!!

Moderator refers to Polish support - the absurd

Hi Miet,

When you have a (technical) question, please follow these consecutive steps:
1. Be sure to have the latest firmware installed in your device (can be downloaded via web support page, see link below),
2. Read the product's user manual carefully (can be downloaded via web support page, see link below),
3. Check the FAQ pages on the product's support page (see web support page, see link below),
4. Read the product's forum pages (see link on web support page, see link below),
5. Or join the forum (you'll have to register) and post it there.
This will normally generate fast feedback from other forum users, and also others will be helped. Tnx!
Don't forget to add all necessary info like model number, software version, etc.
6. Contact your local helpdesk. Please start here: http://www.support.philips.com/suppo...g_selector.jsp
On this web page you then select REGION -> COUNTRY and click CONTACT, where you can find the local helpdesk telephone number. They will evaluate your case and give you advice.

Best regards, JuAn
The Philips forum moderator

Phips6097
04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
3-- Perfect Natural Motion still isn't good enough (artifacts/judder). In my opinion this is by far still the most important issue as this disturbs for most users their everyday TV watching experience.

I agree absolutely. If you solve this problem you got one-third less entries from disappointed Philips user, I would bet on it.
Regards

Jarnimo
04-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

Really I hoped to see a reaction from anyone at Philips or TPV but unfortunately no-one !

I dont know if they are still reading here? I dont know if they are still working for new software for these series? Untill now un-answered questions. Philips/TPV:There's still a lot of work to do!

In my case the 6007 series is too much slowly; The menu hangs and the TV stops responding. taking off ther powercord is the unique solution. Do you think it's normal to take of the powercord from a TV. In this way, watching TV becomes one big frustration!

With kind regards, Jarno.

x7007
04-19-2013, 07:47 AM
What about the 5 Pixel Underscan fix ? when there will be new firmware, almost a month now.

Update Philips 6/May/2013: Solved in the latest SW version 150.87.

paudib
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi,

I just solved one problem I had since last firmware update (but may be a coincidence).
While watching TNT (i.e. french DVB) programs, I had these symptoms:
- my TV suddenly soft-reboot without reasons (dark screen, backlignt off and on, but no Philips logo)
- my remote stop responding.

3 days ago, I got an idea: I disconnected the USB HDD I was using for time shifting... And all these problems seem to have disappeared !

So I think there may be another bug on the USB side / TV recording...

Note: my "HDD" is a 256 MB SSD drive, connected with a 2 meter USB cable.
Note2: those bugs did not appear while watching the TV from the internet Box.

DadGommit
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know already, or can anyone determine what the main internal hardware differences between 2012 en 2013 models are? (panels, processors, powersupply, etc.) By knowing this we may be able to estimate the likelyhood that improvements in SW-updates for 2013-models are also applicable in 2012-model SW. I'm curious because I fear/assume Philips will soon, or has already focus(sed) development capacity completely to 2013-models with somewhere in the back of their minds that some solutions may still work for 2012 models as well...)

Thank you.

Jarnimo
04-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Hello,

How are experiences from another users? I own the PFL6007 and really its slowly and hanging/crashing too much...! Like I told in another posts, sometimes taking off the powercord is the unique solution.

The most important to me is to work normally with this TV, and not slowly with software that crashes all the time. I think that I am not asking too much. JUST A TV that operates normally (like it should be).

With kind regards, Jarno.

Peksi
04-21-2013, 09:32 AM
HOW OFTEN UPDATES WILL APPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought a lot of bluray movies, many of them imported.
Rip those discs to mkv, and sell originals.
Because external hard drives take a lot less space.

Now I have to wait for months, maybe the next fw
fix the problems to 23,976fps mkv files.
(Jerky, slowdown). And i can watch those movies.

Great and brilliant Philips 55PFL6007T proud owner.

Htep
04-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Hello Peksi,

I have the same problem with my MKV on my macbook pro Retina (in external display). There is lag every 10 seconds. I know this is the tv because when I witch on computer mode, the lag goes away. Can you try in computer mode?

I'm tired of using this damned TV...

HOW OFTEN UPDATES WILL APPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I have bought a lot of bluray movies, many of them imported.
Rip those discs to mkv, and sell originals.
Because external hard drives take a lot less space.

Now I have to wait for months, maybe the next fw
fix the problems to 23,976fps mkv files.
(Jerky, slowdown). And i can watch those movies.

Great and brilliant Philips 55PFL6007T proud owner.

Peksi
04-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi Htep

Thanks the tip. Computer mode ON is better,
in my htpc (Asus P8Z, intel Core i7, GeForce GTX 680).

Helps a little bit in my bluray too (Asus)/external hard drive.

Still, when camera moves slowly from side to side,
it is too jerky.

Another problem:

I don't use HDNM its always off. But when i turn power off
in back panel and start again in next day, HDNM is ON again.

I watch menu there HDNM is off (BUT IT IS ON).
I have to turn it ON and then OFF, then it is off.

Hopefully someone knows what i mean.

I get brain damage from this TV!!!!!

Junke
04-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi

i know this is a bit off topic msg, but i need old firmware for 6907H (ver. 133.5)
link or just info were to find it, would be great.

Thanks!
Junke

Junke
04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I have received a link!

Thanks!

Hi

i know this is a bit off topic msg, but i need old firmware for 6907H (ver. 133.5)
link or just info were to find it, would be great.

Thanks!
Junke

Jonatan
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
My Philips 47PFL6907T forgets my settings all the time, once every two weeks, I usually have to redo my settings.
It´s quite disturbing that i have to redo the settings after only two weeks, and the tv is on standbymode all the time, I havent unplugged the tv either when its happens.

miet55
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm waiting for the new update, if not cured interaction with CAM module for Polish operators SAT TV I raise the matter of non-compliance with the specifications for consumer associations!

x7007
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi ! Philips 7007 150.85

Philips there is weird weird problem, I've never used Perfect Natural Motion always was off. Was using specific connected to COMPUTER using COMPUTER mode or GAME mode all the times.

Now that I figured the quality is 300% better when not using Computer or Game mode and I don't have Input Lag problems so I play games with Perfect Natural Motion and watching Movies with it Minimum or Medium. The Tv is set to Switch off Timer 240 Min and it always been like that, but when it does turn off I DON'T HAVE the Red light anymore and I need to plug it from the power and plug it in !

Now I understand why some people have this problem !
There is a bug in Perfect Natural Motion or Dynamic Contrast , one of them for sure.
Can you please test it !

Using as follows
Picture Style : Movie
Backlight Contrast : 70
Colour : 55
Sharpness : 3
Noise Reduction : Off
MPEG Artefact Reduction : Off
Perfect Natural Motion : Minimum for movies - Medium for Games
Clear Lcd : On
Advanced Sharpness : Off
Dynamic Contrast : Off for games - On for movies
Dynamic backlight : Best Picture
Colour enhancement : Off
Light Sensor : Off
Gamma : 0
Colour Temperature : Warm for movies - Cool for games
Video Contrast : 90
Brightness : 50
Game or Computer : Off

Now it's connected using HDMI to 7970 ATI card.

I noticed this turn off and unable to turn on for 3 times in a row since I activated the Natural option.

What is the problem !
Please reply as soon as possible and Fix this problem.

And for example after I plugged it off from power supply and back on, I had the red light, I turned on the TV and I tried to mess with some settings like Key Tone , I didn't have sound when I clicked buttons, Only after I turned off again and then turn it On the Key Tone when clicking buttons worked !
So something is very wrong when some options could not work and we will never know it 100% , It's testing testing and checking and you can't be sure like normal person !

x7007
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Another problem with HD Natural Motion, when using any setting, minimum, medium, maxmium, it has A Lot of judder,slow motion, slowness in many times of 1080P movies, I didn't noticed it because usually I am watching 720p.

so it has some issue with 1080p impossible to watch movie like that. And COMPUTER MODE fix it.

My computer can hold 1080p its 3770K intel with 7970 ATI with newest drivers windows 7 x64 PotPlayer and I tried other players, other Renderes, using MADVR usually.

Even games works smooth than 1080p, So I can't understand that, Movies are so different with this on and so are games, it's like other experience, so I don't want to do anything without it.

Philips
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
On request of LbL! (see here: http://goo.gl/6oKaB) please click on the following link to read the official reply/story on HDNM: http://goo.gl/Vi6kx.

Kind regards,
JuAn