PDA

View Full Version : Voice Tracer DVT5500 Recorder - specifically music

MelodyS
03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I couldn't find a separate sound forum for these voice tracers. Mine is not working according to the 60-page manual that I downloaded.

This was bought specifically for recording music. According to the instructions, you press the INDEX key to get to the folder you want to record in. I can press INDEX to the A folder, B folder, C folder, and D folder, and it will record in it each folder. If I press INDEX to go to the MUSIC folder and press record, it automatically starts recording in the A folder.

There are no instructions for setting the various microphone and quality settings for music, only voice as in conversation.

The .WAV file created is very, very poor... recording music from a Kurzweil Mark 10. The sound quality of the Kurzweil is excellent.

Do I need to purchase an external microphone?

How do I get it to actually record in the MUSIC file provided?

And yes, I am recording on the memory disk inserted into the machine.

Philips - Katerina
08-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips Katerina