PDA

View Full Version : Technical feedback for FW 150.85 - for 6/7/8/9000 Series - 2012

Philips - Benedickte
03-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi all.

The new FW is now live. This thread is for technical feedback only. For other discussions please post in the discussion thread (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?11297-Experience-Thread-FW-150-85-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012).

(http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?10721-Experience-Thread-FW-150-83-for-6-7-8-9000-Series-2012&p=51667#post51667)Note: All posts need to be approved in this thread, meaning it will not be visable before this is done. No need to repost if not come live.

Important: After upgrading your TV, it is necessary to perform a "cold start". This means that, after the TV is running again (after the update), shut down the TV, wait 1 minute (till all components are shut down), and unplug the TV from the mains (pull power cord) for 2 minutes before starting again.

Changelog:

· Solution to connect to the Smart TV portal in Spain and the UK.
· Solution for the 60PFL9607S/12 regarding strong color flickering in picture with 3D max clarity and 2 player gaming mode.
· Solution for incorrect TXT characters for czech and slovak programms for DVBT and DVBC reception.
· Solution for External VGA can be selected, but video is not shown.
· Solution for Maxdome regarding movies stops streaming after a pause for a short time (3min+).
· Perfect Natural Motion performance optimizations.

Please use the following template in this thread.
Off topic posts regarding the firmware will be moved to the discussion thread (linked over).

============================
TV Model: ? (please fill in)
Previous Firmware: ? (please fill in)

Positive:
+
+
+

Negative:
-
-
-

mrb1972
03-08-2013, 01:34 PM
TV Model: 55 PFL6007

Previous Firmware: 150.83

Positive:
+ Backlight flicker is fixed and seems to be working as expected now

Negative:
- Unscaled picture format in game mode is incorrect, picture is shifted off the right hand side of the screen - Picture shift option doses not have any effect (nothing happens)
-
-

michaelfix
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
TV Model: 55 PFL6007

Positive:

+ TV menu acceptable level of speed.
+ Increased quality of the TV image.
+ Fixed problems with Motion and backlight.
Thank you.

Negative:

-Smart menü is very slow.
- Reduced light images and animations. Running out of memory, problems begin.
After slowing down menu.
-TV channel selection screen is slow.
-Volume up down unresponsive.

dj.m
03-09-2013, 09:14 AM
TV Model: 55PFL6007

Positive:

+ the crackling sound issue when changing TV channel on the FREEBOX v5 is no longer present

+ In the past when the TV channel on the FREEBOX v5 was a TNT HD broadcasting Dolby audio the hdmi audio was not transcoded correctly to stereo on the SPdif output (according multichannel/stereo TV settings set to stereo), and this was generating noise, now it works fine.

Negative:

- the crackling sound issue when changing RADIO channel on the FREEBOX v5 is still present but less than before

- hdmi detection issue of the FREEBOX TV V5 (issue present since long time):
power on the TV
watch a TV dvb-t channel
power on the FREEBOX TV V5 connected to the hdmi1
change on the TV the source to the hdmi1
nothing on the screen only a popup indicating that there is no signal
after a standby cycle of the FREEBOX TV V5 the video is displayed

Please improve the IP EPG and recording related stuff

Best Regards

Shaegen
03-10-2013, 09:20 PM
TV Model: 47PFL6907T/12
Previous Firmware: 150.82

Positive:
+ Dynamic backlight flicker seems fixed!
+ HDNM feels smoother and with less artifacts?

Negative:
- ~5 pixels image shift to the right with Game-/Computer-mode still persist
- Slow menus (I'd prefer snappy flat menus over slow animations)

Bennes55
03-12-2013, 08:45 AM
TV Model: 46PFL9707S12
Previous Firmware:150.83 and the others

Positive:
+ Maybe, not shure yet. But TV seems to remember that it already registered the smart card.
(switching from TV to HDMI and after a while back to TV needed to register the samrtcard again)

Negative:
- No improvement in Natural motion ( still movement artifacts, black fludder on edges)
- Still loosing WIFI connection (not connected to a network) after 2nd time Smart TV connection.
Need to enter key again. (disconnecting TV from main supply will also work..)
- Most of Perfect pixel HD works like shit, creating unnatural artefacts.
- Intensity levels near black (bit-depth) to low. Creating unnatural coloured faces in dark.
- Still Need to unplug the TV too often. Wall-entry becomes slowly worn-out..
- My last Philips for now.

Quicksilver86
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
TV Model: 42/PFL6097/K12
Previous Firmware:150.83

Positive:
+Dynamic Backlight works much better
+Ambilight-Dynamic is better than bevor

Negative:

-Crackling sound if you change channels is still there.
-PNM has the same problems than bevore and now the picture is stucks very often (PNM Minimum)
-Light-Sensor does not react. There is now dimming if you turn it on or of (now lights in the room)
-3D Picture-Failures with PNM on
-Game/PC-Mode: Picture is moved to the right (5 Pixelrows on the left are blind)

PavelZ
03-14-2013, 04:40 PM
TV Model: 37PFL6007/K12

Positive:
+ solution for incorrect TXT characters in Czech

Negative:
- still unresolved problem with duplication of channels for DVB-C in upc.cz cable network

In Favourites there is one number for several different channels (some of them are there more than once). Thus, switching between channels is confusing and annoying, and some channels are not possible to switch to, because they are the same number. On the other hand some numbers in Favourites are not used. This is then reflected in the TV Guide also.

XiriX
03-18-2013, 11:53 PM
TV Model: 47PFL6007H/12

Positive:
+ None

Negative:
- Can't play MKVs from USB pen drive
- Can't play MKV from network location
- When connection external hard-drive with a lot of content, it resets the TV, and loose the wifi settings

_Stephan
03-23-2013, 10:55 AM
TV Model: 37PFL6007K

Positive:
+ HDNM has improved. It still isn't great though.
+ Backlight flicker is fixed for me.

Negative:
- I still get a sound-dip every 90 seconds using HDMI ARC to my LG Home Cinema Set. Regardless if I use Youtube or any MP4 or .mkv
- When watching the BluRay 3D Safari I still have to choose between micro-stuttering images or fluent motion with HDNM, with hower artifacts. Far less artifacts I admit, but still not fully satisfied I'm affraid.

Thanks for the improvements though, keep up the good work! To be fair, I didn't expect any improvement on HDNM anymore. But you made progress. That's hopeful!

JeroenSt
03-27-2013, 06:51 AM
TV Model: 42PFL6007H

Positive:
+ Crackling sound solved when starting a movie or audio in XBMC (using because playing movies with philip television from NAS not always works and needs DLNA server)
+ Dynamic Backlight seems to work better
+ Ambilight Lounge Mode works although enabling it could be easier

Negative:
- Multichannel audio output on SPDIF stops several times a minute for a short period (+/- 500 ms) while setting audio format to stereo doesn't do this and it only seems to happen on MPEG4 (1080i) channels or MPEG4 network movies, not on HDMI input. So each time I want to watch a movie I have to switch over in a menu far far away... :(
- Annoying messages about to long hdmi cable and about cam module while it works without a problem
- Slow overall response while zapping between channels, in menu's en certainly in apps
- Info button on channel does only provide current and next program but I can't scroll further to the programs after that
- Needs an USB harddisk for program recording while it's connected to a network with a NAS in it which has enough free space

I hate to say this but userinterface of Samsung is much faster and more user friendly, advice to play with it once.. But still I'm happy having a Philips trusting that above problems are solved, Samsung is to aggressive and also user interface is very intense and I like it to be calm.

DadGommit
04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
TV Model: 46PFL8007

Positive:
+ Perfect Natural Motion has noticeably improved! Still, it is by far not as good as 2007-Philips models which had hardly any PNM issues at all...
+ Menu's have acceptable speeds now

Negative:
- Perfect Natural Motion still isn't good enough (artifacts/judder). In my opinion this is by far still the most important issue as this disturbs for most users their everyday TV watching experience.
- Remote/TV is not responsive enough on changing volume/channel. Sometimes it takes seconds or multiple pushes of remote buttons for the volume bar to appear on the screen.
- Smart TV is so slow that I've totally stop using it (except for some VOD now and then perhaps)
- (incidental) Sound drops via OpticalOut seems to be fixed.

Philips, please keep up the good work and please concentrate on further HDNM/PNM improvements!! In my opinion operating issues, TV guide issues, subtitle issues etc. are user-specific experiences while the image quality is something that affects (almost all) users and moreover is a core TV-characteristic for which Philips TV's always have been well appreciated!

Good job, keep going! :-)

metedoruk
04-18-2013, 12:56 AM
TV Model: 55pfl6007
Previous Firmware: 150.85

Positive:
+ colours

1-TV menu is very slow.
2-Remote controller feedbacks are so slow. The TV sound is slow when up/down
3-- Perfect Natural Motion still isn't good enough (artifacts/judder). In my opinion this is by far still the most important issue as this disturbs for most users their everyday TV watching experience.
4-The TV menu sometimes gets locked and keys don't work. Volume up/down and channel forward/backward
keys sometimes get locked and don't work.
5-Password channels on CI+ module don't operate when TV is turned on after being turned off.
The card on CI+ module needs re-altaching after being detached.
6-Easylink very problems.

tataPszemka
04-20-2013, 08:00 PM
TV Model: 42PFL6007K

1) I always have a set style of sound "music". When I turn off and turn on the tv I have to change the style to another and return to the "music" to play properly,
2) SmartTV is very slow,
3) Menu is slow,
4) Slow reaction of remote control,
5) Atrefacts HDNM,
6) Still loosing WIFI connection and password,

Htep
04-23-2013, 08:22 AM
TV Model: 47PFL6907H/12

Positive:
+ a small improvement of the HDNM, but when set to maximum or medium, there are still artefact
+ I'm looking for other improvement

Negative:
- Sound when changing channel on a box (there is a tiny crackling with my Internet Box TV)
- Menu are still too slow
- Menu are still too slow x2
- Smart TV is... too slow and useless
- Remote is cheap and lag
- I've got lag every 10 seconds when I plug my HDMI macbook and play a movie on the TV. The lag disappear when switching on computer mode (Lag in game mode too)

Toengel
04-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi,

Firmware 150.87 has just been released - no changelog available at the moment.

Toengel@Alex