PDA

View Full Version : Connecting HDMI to a DVI input on my TV.

JasonGaskell
03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
I have a relatively old HDTV with a couple of scart inputs and a DVI input too. I currently have an HDMI freeview HD box plugged into the DVI input using an HDMI to DVI adaptor at the TV end. I also need to use a phono cable from the Freeview box to the TV in order to pass the sound.

I'm also trying to connect up my laptop too to watch HD movies and use catchup TV services. My laptop has an HDMI output. I can connect that to my TV using an HDMI to DVI cable and the headphone socket.

So, whilst I can switch between my PC and Freeview box, i can only do so by playing with cables at the back of the TV. My back and my scratched TV stand hate me for doing so.

I'm looking for a more elegant solution that doesn't require forking out for a new TV. So far, the best I can come up with us a couple of cable extensions running to the front if the TV to make switching over a bit easier, but can anyone advise on a better idea? I can't find an HDMI to DVI/Audio cable in the UK that would then allow me to use an HDMI switch.

Any suggestions please?

Jason.

Philips - Benedickte
03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Hi Jason.

Could you please confirm to me the modelnumber of your TV?

Best regards,
Benedickte

I have a relatively old HDTV with a couple of scart inputs and a DVI input too. I currently have an HDMI freeview HD box plugged into the DVI input using an HDMI to DVI adaptor at the TV end. I also need to use a phono cable from the Freeview box to the TV in order to pass the sound.

I'm also trying to connect up my laptop too to watch HD movies and use catchup TV services. My laptop has an HDMI output. I can connect that to my TV using an HDMI to DVI cable and the headphone socket.

So, whilst I can switch between my PC and Freeview box, i can only do so by playing with cables at the back of the TV. My back and my scratched TV stand hate me for doing so.

I'm looking for a more elegant solution that doesn't require forking out for a new TV. So far, the best I can come up with us a couple of cable extensions running to the front if the TV to make switching over a bit easier, but can anyone advise on a better idea? I can't find an HDMI to DVI/Audio cable in the UK that would then allow me to use an HDMI switch.

Any suggestions please?

Jason.