PDA

View Full Version : Cant go FastForward or FastBackward on my 37PFL8605H

uabtorw
03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi,
When it is possible to find the NAS on the TV I have no problem to start a film, or paus it. If I stop it, I cant start it up where it stopped (as I can do on my other 42PFL3703H, connected via an XBOX360). So, then I thought that it should be possible to FF the movie, but when pressing the button on the Remotecontroll, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if the TV is connected via PCL/EtherenetCable or Wifi, result is always the same here.
Of course it is possible to do this on the TV that is connected to the Xbox-360.

Any sugestions, new SW or...

Best
Tor

uabtorw
03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
An update here on this. If I use my cellphone, HTS Desire Z, as a player (yes I can find both my NAS and TVersity) I can connect the TV as the viewer. From the phone i CAN`T go FFWD/FFBW, but from the TV´s remote this i possible!. So, I stopped the phone, found the NAS DLNA, started up the same film (Xvid) but no possiblity to go FFWD/FFBW.

So, what do you think out there?
Best
Tor

stathis
03-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I have the same problem with an 40PFL7605H/12 .
How can we fast forward a video ?

DellUser
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi,
When it is possible to find the NAS on the TV I have no problem to start a film, or paus it. If I stop it, I cant start it up where it stopped (as I can do on my other 42PFL3703H, connected via an XBOX360). So, then I thought that it should be possible to FF the movie, but when pressing the button on the Remotecontroll, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if the TV is connected via PCL/EtherenetCable or Wifi, result is always the same here.
Of course it is possible to do this on the TV that is connected to the Xbox-360.

Any sugestions, new SW or...

Best
Tor

On a 2010/2011 TV: Press the options button on the remote control, it is just above the volume button. Activate the onscreen playbuttons. Is that what you were looking for?

stathis
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
In my 40PFL7605H/12 , when i press the option button , no onscreen playbuttons appear.

stathis
03-18-2011, 07:04 PM
anyone ?

uabtorw
03-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Neither i see anyting on my 37PFL8605H/12. Is there any different versions of the SW maybe, or is it some configuration that not set?
I realy dont understand.
Tor

frgall
03-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi
I m from france and i have a 40pfl8605 h/12 and a hts 9140
i have he same problem with my tv . in fact it depends in what quality of file you stream through the network. Because the buffer memory of the tv is not so big, with high quality file you won't be able to ff/rew in that case the tv act as a player. Try with less quality file like vcd quality video (320x240) and you ll see that it works.
the fact is that what i tell you doesn't apply if you stream through devices connected to the usb socket of the tv.in that case it works better.

when i use my hts 9140 to stream through the network it works fine even with hd quality file in that case the hts 9140 is the player and the tv act as a monitor. and the buffer memory of the HTS9140 is bigger than the one from the tv
That's what the support told me when i asked them.
I hope it will help

carlosfm
03-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Well then, I have a fast 8GB SD card in the slot, for something that I don't use (rent films online).
Why doesn't Philips change the firmware to make use of the SD card for network buffering?
Because I miss this too.
It's ridiculous, I have full HD (1080p) concerts on my PC's HDD and from the network I can't FF/Rewind on the TV.
If I want to see/listen to the last music on a concert, I have to wait for two hours.
So, DLNA is useless on Philips TVs. At this state of the art, you should not even mention it.
Mine is a 37PFL7605H/12, BTW.

Toengel
03-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi,

as far as I understand it is also a matter of DLNA server software...

Toengel@Alex

Lake292
03-25-2011, 07:55 AM
No its not... I replaced so called "media player" function of TV with Xtreamer DVD and im able to FF/RW all of my movies while using same DLNA server, it also knows how to decode DTS sound and show subtitles and as a bonus i took sound from xtreamer straight to receiver and this got me rid off the sound drops...
i also bought cheap settopbox to have features like working epg, now/next etc and again i took sound from stb straight into receiver and again there are no sound drops...
Finally im happy with my tv but if i knew i would need to buy all that other stuff before, i probably would choose different brand

Just my 2 cents

Jomsp
03-25-2011, 09:26 AM
No its not... I replaced so called "media player" function of TV with Xtreamer DVD and im able to FF/RW all of my movies while using same DLNA server, it also knows how to decode DTS sound and show subtitles and as a bonus i took sound from xtreamer straight to receiver and this got me rid off the sound drops...
i also bought cheap settopbox to have features like working epg, now/next etc and again i took sound from stb straight into receiver and again there are no sound drops...
Finally im happy with my tv but if i knew i would need to buy all that other stuff before, i probably would choose different brand

Just my 2 cents

But this is not the issue. You can not compare bells and whistles.

The question is: What TV is best played through DLNA?.

Sony, Samsung, Philips or others ...?. This is the question.

Would appreciate someone showing me that there is some other brand of TV, which is better than high-end Philips, via DLNA playing, because it could change the brand in that case.

carlosfm
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
The only issue with the DLNA implementation on Philips TVs is not being able to FF/Rewind.
This makes it unuseable.
It doesn't work with films, it doesn't work with music files either.
Sound drops were corrected on the last firmwares, it doesn't happen on mine now, at least for the use I give it.
I don't have an AV amp (I'm a high-end stereo kinda guy...) so I don't know if there are still sound drop problems in this case.

carlosfm
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I think that if Philips TVs would be fully UPnP compliant, there would be no problems.
Just forget about DLNA, make it UPnP compliant.
It would work fine with every media server software out there.
This could be a hint for Philips, for the next firmware versions.
Let's hope so.

Jomsp
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Although experience shows that Philips is trying to correct this problem FastForward/FastBackward, and other problems, via DLNA media player, it should be noted that external factors can affect Philips proper playback.

As indicated on previous occasions, for example, strongly influences the problem of FastForward/Backward codec and the conversion parameters of a particular film.
And as you said Toengel, "it is Also a matter of DLNA server software."

And this can be checked easily.

carlosfm
03-25-2011, 08:27 PM
DLNA seems to be an awkward "standard", it is as finished as HDMI.
I would already be very happy to just connect to a network share and play the files the same way as from a USB flash drive connected directly to the TV.
No bloatware, just play from a network share.
\\machine\share

No need for playlists, just play the damn files...

Jomsp
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry, I do not understand. I do not know what your problem.

Philips, through DLNA, played reasonably well in 80% of cases. And, 100%, if we have Windows media server, LAN / WAN optimal and compatible codec.

carlosfm
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Who, me?
I have no problems at all with my wired shielded cat6 network setup, it works without a glitch, thank you.
Everything works fine, except FastForward/Rewind on ALL files (audio and video).
I use TVersity for video, foobar2000 for audio files - because foobar plays flac files up to 24bit/192Khz sample rate.
foobar2000 is transcoding to WAV all the audio codecs that the TV can't handle (flac, ape, ogg vorbis).
I don't miss that much the navigation on audio files (they are usually individual files per track) but on video files (which are large single files) it's ridiculous.
The navigation problems would not be such an issue if you could access a network folder instead of having to install extra software on the PC and make it work with the TV.
I mean, it would work as well as through the USB port on your TV - put a USB flash drive or HDD there and you'll see that FastForward/Rewind works fine, with audio and video files.
I don't need playlists, I know how to organize files and folders - I would just like to be able to get to the shared folders on my PC and play what's there, nothing else.
This is the most basic form of networking... for a networked device. (!)

Jomsp
03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
If you use the Windows media server, and have a LAN / WAN optimal, and the codec is supported, the Philips player, via DLNA, works reasonably well.

If you use a media server like Tversity, Twonky, etc., and not working properly, but does work properly with the Windows media server, the problem is the media server manufacturer (Tversity, Twonky, etc.), Philips is no problem.
If the LAN / WAN is not optimal, can influence a bad play, in this case, the problem is in our LAN / WAN, no problem by Philips.
If the codec of the media file, which is reproduced, it is not properly supported by the Philips player, cause this known problem of FastForward / FastBackward, and only hope that Philips will expand and improve codec support, or seek an alternative path the Philips player.

I think this could sum up the state of affairs, to serve as a benchmark before making decisions.

carlosfm
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
My network setup is fine, I stream HD videos from NetTV without a glitch.
I watch to 1080p videos through the networks without problems (but no FF/Rewind).

I've tried Windows Media Server (11) on my Windows XP desktop machice, some months ago.
It works, but it's a joke, can't take it seriously.

Yesterday at night I've installed the trial version of Mezzmo - very simple and effective.
FF/Rewind works!!!
So, I can only conclude that Mezzmo fully complies to DLNA, while most others (TVersity, etc) don't.
Actually, most media server softwares are UPnP and not DLNA compliant.
What doesn't work on Philips TVs in case of using an UPnP media server is exactly FF/Rewind.
Maybe this is useful info for someone out there, because the internet is full of people complaining about this, and it's not only Philips TVs but other brands too.

I think I'll just buy Mezzmo, the trial lasts for 15 days...

Jomsp
03-30-2011, 08:11 AM
NetTV comparison is worth, not worth anything as evidence in this matter. The LAN / WAN optimal in this case, means PC <-> Router <-> TV with all its possible configurations, qualities, components, software, hardware, etc.

Windows XP is an obsolete system, especially in high-definition multimedia. If you try W7 or Vista you check in this case. You think that if we work reasonably well the Windows media server, and you do not, something is not a coincidence. In any case, of course, influence the media server, as already said Toengel. Not only is the problem of the known limitations of the Philips player.

And indeed, the Internet is full of complaints, but not to confuse people, we must be more careful when making categorical statements, because sometimes things are not as they seem. An opinion, an experience, if it is not contrasted with technical opinions expertas, worth very little.

carlosfm
03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Jomsp, I know XP is obsolete but I have an old desktop PC sharing the files and for the purpose, it works well.
PC -> Router <- TV that's what I have, at 100Mb Full Duplex, all with dual shielded (foil + braid) Cat6 cable.
You can't have much better than this...
I also have a laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate but I don't use it for this purpose.
This has no direct relation with the OS, I don't transcode video files at all (transcoding is disabled) so I don't need an ultimate 64 bit OS and quadcore CPU.
I don't want the software to mess with the video files, I just want it to share them, like inserting an USB drive directly to the USB port on the TV.
I use Popcorn to convert DTS tracks on MKVs to Dolby Digital, at 640K stereo.
So, no transcoding needed for the media server software, as for video files I only play what the TV can play.

carlosfm
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
And indeed, the Internet is full of complaints, but not to confuse people, we must be more careful when making categorical statements, because sometimes things are not as they seem. An opinion, an experience, if it is not contrasted with technical opinions expertas, worth very little.

I'm trying to make some sense out of this...
The only "categorical statement" (and suggestion) I've done is that Philips TVs are not fully UPnP compliant.
DLNA yes, UPnP works, with limitations (no FF/REW).
I've suggested to Philips that in next firmwares they make it UPnP compliant. It is what's missing for the TVs to work well with every media server out there.
As a customer that has payed 950€ for a Philips TV, I feel I have the right to suggest.
I don't expect them to do it, I just hope.

Jomsp
03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
It is what's missing for the TVs to work well with every media server out there.

Philips is not responsible for ALL media servers work properly.

ALL is the responsibility of ALL manufacturers. Philips is responsible for its own player works and media servers developed properly for the DLNA protocol under Windows. For example, is responsible for the Windows Media server to function properly.

In my opinion, this thread only has value if it serves to help users of Philips TV and report faults.

Request impossible not help, but quite the opposite.

stathis
03-31-2011, 02:11 PM
With Mezzmo my Philips can FastForward or FastBackward any video file!

carlosfm
03-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Philips is not responsible for ALL media servers work properly.

ALL is the responsibility of ALL manufacturers. Philips is responsible for its own player works and media servers developed properly for the DLNA protocol under Windows. For example, is responsible for the Windows Media server to function properly.

DLNA 1.0 or 1.5 or...???
When they settle on a REAL, definitive DLNA standard, probably everything will always work.

carlosfm
03-31-2011, 07:44 PM
In my opinion, this thread only has value if it serves to help users of Philips TV and report faults.

When I've reported that Mezzmo works, I was trying to help.
Next time, I won't post.

Request impossible not help, but quite the opposite.

Again, I'm trying to make some sense out of this.
Are you from Philips?? Is that a NO?
Impossible???!
We went to the moon back in 1969, do you mean that in 2011 a TV can't be UPnP compliant?
Can't access a network share? Much more basic than DLNA.
Are you joking?

Toengel
03-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi,

for more information on DLNA see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

Toengel@Alex

Jomsp
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
DLNA 1.0 or 1.5 or...???
When they settle on a REAL, definitive DLNA standard, probably everything will always work.
You can read specifications:
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl9705h_12/46pfl9705h_12_pss_eng.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Player_12

Jomsp
04-01-2011, 09:34 AM
When I've reported that Mezzmo works, I was trying to help.
Next time, I won't post.

Again, I'm trying to make some sense out of this.
Are you from Philips?? Is that a NO?
Impossible???!
We went to the moon back in 1969, do you mean that in 2011 a TV can't be UPnP compliant?
Can't access a network share? Much more basic than DLNA.
Are you joking?
Toengel, and myself, we help you to understand that the media server plays a role.

If you read better, you would know that I am not Philips, and I would like someone to inform me of another brand that works better via DLNA than Philips TV. However, this is a Philips TV forum to help and inform users of possible failures, and we should be grateful to those who help us.
No?

¿DLNA?, like said Toengel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance
but I prefer reading, for example, another version:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance
"Small" differences.
There is much information in Internet, but beware, not all is reliable.

carlosfm
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
I'll just close this conversation (from my part) by saying that TVersity is an UPnP MediaServer, not DLNA.
It is widely used becase there's a functional free version.
Any report that a Philips TV doesn't do FF/REW with TVersity must be answered with this in mind - it is not a DLNA media server.
foobar2000 (which I also use, just for audio), is also just an UPnP media server - with the UPnP component installed.
I hope this helps.
I had this problem, I've posted about it, nobody has given me a clear answer and I haven't found it anywhere.
I've found the answer myself and just shared it.

Lake292
04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
You might be right but why does philips recommend tversity in manual when its not compatible? Why didnt they suggest other software?

Toengel
04-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi,

conclusion:

Philips TVs = DLNA (mostly Version 1.5) compliant

Mezzmo = DLNA Media Server
TVersity = UPnP Media Server
foobar2000 = UPnP Media Server

Toengel@Alex

Jomsp
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi,

Add:
Windows = DLNA Media Server (W7-WMP12, Vista-WMP11 little less and XP-WMP11 less)

Jomsp
04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
I'll just close this conversation (from my part) by saying that TVersity is an UPnP MediaServer, not DLNA.
It is widely used becase there's a functional free version.
Any report that a Philips TV doesn't do FF/REW with TVersity must be answered with this in mind - it is not a DLNA media server.
foobar2000 (which I also use, just for audio), is also just an UPnP media server - with the UPnP component installed.
I hope this helps.
I had this problem, I've posted about it, nobody has given me a clear answer and I haven't found it anywhere.
I've found the answer myself and just shared it.
I do not know if you can give a single answer, taking into account, for example, this criticism:
“Critically, in this standard, however, seen that many - in fact self-evident - not installed or inadequately functions are implemented only. It can happen that when accessing the TV to a network drive, the function of the pre-and rewinding is not possible. However, this is on the transfer rate between NAS and device dependent too.”
Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

And this:
http://www.dlna.org/industry/why_dlna/key_components/media_format/

I do not know what the solution is better because each configuration of PC-Router-TV can give a different result depending on hardware and software that is made.

However, I would propose, in this case, test on a computer with W7, try to play with Play-To option in WMP 12.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/play-to
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Stream-your-media-to-devices-and-computers-using-Windows-Media-Player

Toengel
04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
You might be right but why does philips recommend tversity in manual when its not compatible? Why didnt they suggest other software?

Hi,

i think it is partly compatible. But I agree with you, that the description in the manual is not very clear...

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Jomsp, in my case, it has nothing to do with the network, please don't insist.
I had TVersity sharing music files too and FF/RW never worked, even with small mp3 files - no transcoding.
Change software to Mezzmo and everything works, including 1080p full HD video concerts.
What does network have to do with this?
I have the best possible implementation, considering that the TV has an 100Mb network card.
The network card on my PC is an Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop - you can't have much better than this on a desktop, only on high-end ($$$) servers.
My TCP/IP paramenters are optimized, I have very good network speeds, and true (measured) 24Mb internet speed.

I'll pass on the recommendation for W7 and WMP12.
Or should I spend more on a PC than I did on the TV, just to play some media files over the network?
Also, as a media player on your PC, WMP always was and still is one of the worst sounding media players and one that needs external codecs just to play normal media files like ogg, flac...
I simply don't want to use it, it sounds horrible.
PS: you need a good system to get to these conclusions, not some PC speakers...

Toengel
04-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi,

some more general information.

DLNA-Clients can only play media files if they have build in the supported codecs. That is the reason why some DLNA-Servers have a transcoding feature (to play media files even if the TV has NOT the necessary codecs).

Some DMS (DLNA Media Server) have such transcoding feature, some of them don't (e.g. Window 7).

For more information on Windows 7 as DMS see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/12/media-streaming-with-windows-7.aspx

Some other DMS are:
- http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp
- http://www.wildmediaserver.com/
- http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

Toengel@Alex

carlosfm
04-02-2011, 08:08 PM

That recommendation is done without testing at all.
I'm completely sure.
TVersity is an UPnP media server, not DLNA.
FF/REW doesn't work no matter what, even when transcoding is completely disabled for all files.
It doesn't have a profile for Philips TVs, it detects the TV and thinks it's a Sony PS3 or something else.
You have to edit a file by hand and manually configure the capabilities and the supported codecs of the TV. It's not trivial.

Conclusion, Philips should remove the word TVersity from all the TV user manuals.

carlosfm
04-02-2011, 11:20 PM
I've just bought Mezzmo. :D
27.63€ (VAT included).
It's cheap.

Joop
04-03-2011, 02:56 PM
The only issue with the DLNA implementation on Philips TVs is not being able to FF/Rewind.
This makes it unuseable.
It doesn't work with films, it doesn't work with music files either.
Sound drops were corrected on the last firmwares, it doesn't happen on mine now, at least for the use I give it.
I don't have an AV amp (I'm a high-end stereo kinda guy...) so I don't know if there are still sound drop problems in this case.

This not true actually. With music files FF and Rewind do work. Only movies are not supported.

carlosfm
04-04-2011, 01:09 AM
This not true actually. With music files FF and Rewind do work. Only movies are not supported.

Please read the last pages of the thread, I have got to different conclusions by my own experience.
I was using two media servers which were not DLNA but instead UPnP AV compliant.
With an UPnP media server, FF/REW doesn't work on Philips TVs, with video and audio files.
I can't speak for every software out there, just from what I have tried.
You can try TVersity (good luck setting it up for your Philips TV :D ) sharing audio and video files.
Disable the transcoding for the entire folders so that it doesn't serve as an excuse for FF/REW not working.
I used TVersity for audio for just a couple of days, until I've discovered that it just couldn't read 24 bit FLAC files.
So, I've removed the audio folder from the library and used it for video files only.

You can also try foobar2000, with the UPnP component, sharing audio files - very simple to set up. FF/REW doesn't work.

There's a pattern here: UPnP.

FF/REW works with Mezzmo, which is DLNA 1.5 compliant.

Jomsp
04-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Some DMS (DLNA Media Server) have such transcoding feature, some of them don't (e.g. Window 7).
Hi, Toengel,

It is incorrect, because Windows 7 have trasconding feature, and more.

Can be read in that article you linked:
"In Windows 7 we let you enjoy the media you want and don’t trouble you with the need to know about file types or codecs in most cases. (For more details, see Table 1 below). In addition to supporting local playback of new formats, we can also ensure that the content will play on devices that may not support the codec, bit rate, container, or format of that content. We accomplish this by using the new transcoding support in Windows 7.
Let’s say for instance you have a DivX movie you want to watch on your new DLNA certified television which only supports WMV and MPEG2. Windows 7 will determine the capability of the TV (codec, bit rate, etc.) and dynamically convert the DivX video to a format the TV can play. The general rule of thumb is: if Windows Media Player can play the content on the PC then the content will almost always play back on the network connected device. Bandwidth estimation techniques are used for media streaming within the home and over the internet, which enables Windows 7 to transcode using the most optimal format and bit rate.
The format and bit rate chosen for transcoding, especially for video, is highly dependent on the CPU performance of the transcoding PC as identified by its Windows Experience Index:
We also created a flexible model for silicon partners to provide hardware accelerators that automatically work with media streaming and other Windows 7 features. This new acceleration model allows hardware developers to build media foundation proxies for media format encoders and decoders that are fully implemented in their hardware (perhaps in a GPU or additional hardware device). With hardware supported encoding and decoding, Windows 7 can offload the computationally demanding transcoding to dedicated hardware as a background task without affecting the CPU performance of the PC”.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/05/12/media-streaming-with-windows-7.aspx

Wikipedia: “If the devices do not support the streamed format, Windows Media Player 12 transcodes the format on-the-fly”.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Player_12

MS Help: “When a media file is streamed using Play To, Windows must sometimes convert the file to a format supported by the playback device receiving the stream. This process is called transcoding”.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Play-To-frequently-asked-questions

The Internet has many sources where can be read that W7 have transcoding feature, through its new feature of WMP 12-Play To.

To keep people confused when reading your comment wrong, especially taking into account that your comments are usually correct, it may be convenient to edit and correct your comment properly.

In any case, transcoding does not seem the main thing that gives rise to this thread.

Windows 7 is a Media Server DLNA 1.5 certified.
Philips TV (high-end models and appropriate year) is a device Media Client DLNA 1.5 certified.

I doubt there is another Media Server, that is not Windows 7, that works best with Philips TV.

We could say that Philips TV via DLNA, would be required to work 100% W7 Media Server, because W7 is a Media Server certified and guaranteed maximum quality.

Greetings

stathis
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
With the latest version of Mezzmo DLNA works PERFECT !!!

Bertus
04-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone.
I do have the same problem ie no FF or FB on both my 46 and 32PFL7605H . ( firmware 032)
These are both wire connected via a D-Link ethernet switch to a 2TB laCie NetworkSpace2 that is a uPNP / DNLA certified MediaServer, which is updated to the latest release available. Any suggestion on how to fix this?
I understand that Mezzmo could be the solution, but I would like to avoid to keep a full computer switched on when I have a media server/storage box that is having the latest available technology...
Also, I notice quie often (not always) that the films are not running smoothly, but like with a slight intermittent pattern that of course is very annoying. Is it again a matter of incompatibility with the TV software/player or some wrong settings of the TV image preferences that are overloading the TV player? This is actually happening also with all settings off
thanks for your help & suggestions...

carlosfm
05-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Mezzmo will eventually have excellent support for all Philips devices, because of what I've done here:

http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1121-Philips-40pfl9904-and-Mezzmo-sometimes-mkv-doesn-t-playback?p=7885#post7885

:)

I repeat, the Mezzmo guys are fantastic, great support.

rollufje
05-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone.
I do have the same problem ie no FF or FB on both my 46 and 32PFL7605H . ( firmware 032)
These are both wire connected via a D-Link ethernet switch to a 2TB laCie NetworkSpace2 that is a uPNP / DNLA certified MediaServer, which is updated to the latest release available. Any suggestion on how to fix this?
I understand that Mezzmo could be the solution, but I would like to avoid to keep a full computer switched on when I have a media server/storage box that is having the latest available technology...
Also, I notice quie often (not always) that the films are not running smoothly, but like with a slight intermittent pattern that of course is very annoying. Is it again a matter of incompatibility with the TV software/player or some wrong settings of the TV image preferences that are overloading the TV player? This is actually happening also with all settings off
thanks for your help & suggestions...

same here,

TV <- DLNA -> NetworkSpace2 FF/RW Not working
Xbox360 <- DLNA -> Networkspace2 ff/rw working
TV <- DLNA -> WMP on notebook ff/rw Working
TV <- USB -> Some Maxtor HDD ff/rw working

Alle tested with the same source material.

So only the combination TV & network space2 over DLNA isn't working...

UPDATE: I picked up a BDP-5180 yesterday. This player does FF/RW the same video from the Networkspace2. It would be VERY nice if the TV supported this also..

Bertus
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
mmmmmh.... too many issues with different files, configurations and so on plus the fact that with mezzmo I should be keeping the PC on, which is not exacly what I want to do.
I do hope Philips is going to improve the software of the built-in media player - it is clear it is just a matter of programming and will from Philips to backup its customers..

In the meantime, I am going for a mediaPlayer setup ( like Mede8er 400X or 500X2) to be connected via Lan to the NAS so that I have everything online and there are no issues with different codecs, HD movies and so on....

I was hoping this additional Player was not needed by buying a brand product like Philps, but so far I have been proven to be wrong. Have to say however that the primary reason for me to buy two tv sets 7605H were and still are the very good picture quality and the fantastic ambilight effect, second to none! :cool:

It is only a pity that this tv set could have been perfect if these software issues were resolved:mad:.... lets wait and see...