View Full Version : MCI8080 harddisk database corrupt, internetradio menu suddenly in other language

03-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Two weeks ago, I installed a new MCI8080 audio system.
The language is set to Dutch, and all my menus were indeed in Dutch.
Last week, I copied one music album from my PC to the hard disk of the audio system over the network. That worked as expected: I can now play this album from the hard disk of the audio system.
Yesterday I copied a number of albums for my PC over the network to the hard disk of the audio system. After the copying was finished, I tried to find the new albums on the audio system. But they were not there, only the album of last week is shown.
When I use the MyRemote App on my android phone to go to the hard disk contents, it also only shows the single album, and on the top line there is a message 'updating database 0%'. After 12 hours it still says 0%, and no other albums are available.
Also, suddenly part of the menu of the audio system is in the English language. To be specific, the Internet radio menu suddenly shows English menu items instead of Dutch, whereas all other menus are still in Dutch.

What has gone wrong? How can I recover the system?
This MCI8080 system is a replacement for a previous MCI8080 system wich suffered many defects, among which also the strange menu language problem.

03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
This afternoon I succeeded to recover a part of the audio system.
I did a reset to factory settings. After that, the music albums on the hard disk are shown and can be played.
But the strange language problem in the menu persists. No matter what language I choose, the Internet radio menu is in English!

The previous system also had this problem at a certain moment. I was not able to repair that myself. But when the system was returned to repair department, they did not see this problem. And when I received the system again, it was okay. So what has the repair department done and how can I do that myself?

03-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi markzwijsen,
what software version do you have on your MCI8080? The latest one can be found here http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=MCI8080/12&slg=en&scy=GB and may resolve your language issue.

03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi Vaga, the software version on my MCI8080 is D7.56S, so this is the same as the latest version on the website. Might it be that this version must be reďnstalled? And how can I do this?

03-13-2013, 12:52 PM
You probably can try to download the version once again and once again to reset your MCI to factory settings. see if that helps.

03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Hello Vaga,
unfortunately, the link you supplied to me only contains documents in various languages that tell me that the audio system can be upgraded by following the menu options. You cannot reinstall software from a disc or the network.

Perhaps someone from Philips can respond to this question?

03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
That's strange as there is a link to zip folder with the software update.

03-13-2013, 02:59 PM
But the link points to a zip file with only PDF documents in it. See for yourself.

Philips - Tereza
03-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Dear Markzwijsen

we are aware of this issue and we are looking into it. However, this is only a translation issue and does not affect the functionality at all.

We do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

03-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Dear Tereza,
Yesterday evening when I switched on the system, it automatically started downloading new software. Now the system is on software version 8.02S.
Unfortunately, the Internet radio menu is still in English, while the rest of the menu's are in Dutch.

Philips - Tereza
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Dear markzwijsen,

as mentioned above, we are aware of this issue and unfortunately there still hasn't been a fix arranged for this. However, this does not affect the functionality of your Internet radio whatsoever.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
New development!
Yesterday I noticed that the music library of the external harddisk had duplicates in one album. I switched off the system, disconnected the harddisk, connected it to my PC, removed the album and copied it back again, and reconnected the harddisk to the audiosystem. Unfortunately, the library was not renewed, so i am still having the duplicates.
BUT: this morning I switched to Internet Radio and to my astonishment the menu was in DUTCH!!
The behaviour of the software is unpredictable! What will happen next and when?
And how do I repair the library of the harddisk?

04-04-2013, 08:32 AM
i think that if you reset your system it will refresh and update the music library that your system remembers....

04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Well Vaga, that was the first thing I have done but with no success.

04-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Why complaining when Philips actually fixed your problem (Internet Radio being in English instead of Dutch) ? I mean, that's what you wanted, right ?

About refreshing the database of your harddisk :

Connect the harddisk to a PC and delete the .DB folder.
Power off the MCi8080.
Plug in the harddisk to the MCi8080.
Start the MCi8080.
Select Media Library and wait for the database to rebuild...

Cheers !

Philips - Katerina
08-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Hello participants of the thread and forum members in general!

Hopefully your issue was dealt with and you are no longer facing it. Since the thread has been silent for some time now, I will proceed by closing it. If you still have the same question about the same issue or any similar issues arise feel free to start a new thread or contact one of us moderators to open this thread again.

Kind regards
Philips – Katerina