PDA

View Full Version : MCI8080 harddisk database corrupt, internetradio menu suddenly in other language

markzwijsen
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Two weeks ago, I installed a new MCI8080 audio system.
The language is set to Dutch, and all my menus were indeed in Dutch.
Last week, I copied one music album from my PC to the hard disk of the audio system over the network. That worked as expected: I can now play this album from the hard disk of the audio system.
Yesterday I copied a number of albums for my PC over the network to the hard disk of the audio system. After the copying was finished, I tried to find the new albums on the audio system. But they were not there, only the album of last week is shown.
When I use the MyRemote App on my android phone to go to the hard disk contents, it also only shows the single album, and on the top line there is a message 'updating database 0%'. After 12 hours it still says 0%, and no other albums are available.
Also, suddenly part of the menu of the audio system is in the English language. To be specific, the Internet radio menu suddenly shows English menu items instead of Dutch, whereas all other menus are still in Dutch.

This afternoon I succeeded to recover a part of the audio system.
I did a reset to factory settings. After that, the music albums on the hard disk are shown and can be played.
Is this the normal procedure?
But the strange language problem in the menu persists. No matter what language I choose, the Internet radio menu is in English!

This MCI8080 system is a replacement for a previous MCI8080 system wich suffered many defects, among which also the strange menu language problem. I was not able to repair that myself. But when the system was returned to repair department, they did not see this problem. And when I received the system again, it was okay. So what has the repair department done and how can I do that myself?