PDA

View Full Version : BDP5500, BDP5510 & BDP6100 Latest Firmware upgrade (V3.71) has been released

Philips - Marcus
03-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Product Model/Chassis:

BDP5500/05
BDP5500/12
BDP5500/55
BDP5500/93
BDP5500/98
BDP5500K/51
BDP5500S/51
BDP5500X/78
BDP5510/12
BDP6100/12

V3.71 includes the following changes:

• Improve playability of 3D discs such as Prometheus, Rio 3D, Ice Age 3 and Ice Age 4.
• Improve CEC feature – if the player is connected to a TV via HDMI connection, switching on the player would also switch on the TV.

Note: After upgrading the firmware, follow the steps below to reset the device to factory settings:

1. Switch off the player.
2. Switch on the player.
3. Go to Setup Menu (Do not go to Easylink / Preferences).
4. On the remote control press UP to scrolled to ADVANCED.
5. In ADVANCED, select RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT.
6. The player would automatically restart.

RvC
03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Hi,
I received an update through my wifi connection. Don't know if this was this new firmware?
Anyway: the problem is that the whole player does not operate anymore. So the software distribution seems not to be OK!

Ron

Toengel
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Hi,

did you leave a DVD inside during upgrade?

Toengel@Alex

neilski
03-16-2013, 03:08 PM
As I last said a few months back: "Performing a firmware upgrade while having accidentally left a disc inside the unit is enough to brick it?? "

This is beyond lame. I've written a lot of software in my time, and I'd die of shame if I wrote a piece of f/w upgrade code which failed to check for (let's face it: rather foreseeable) problems which would brick the player before performing the upgrade.

But the fact that this problem has been known about for ages and yet hasn't been fixed is a much bigger disappointment than the fact that it was there on day 1.

I can say that my experiences with my BD5500 mean that I won't be buying any more Philips kit...

JIT
05-04-2013, 05:56 PM
where can i download the firmware from ?

Toengel
05-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi,

go to the support website of your player - there you can download the update an the instructions.

Toengel@Alex

philvbrown
05-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi,

go to the support website of your player - there you can download the update an the instructions.

Toengel@Alex

Just wondering when the same update may be available for my player?

abbu sara
08-18-2013, 12:44 PM
please someone help me
i buoght a philips 3d blu-ray BDP5510/12 for 4 weeks ago. så i just wondering can i connect my computer to tv though wi-fi or i have to buy usb wi-fi connect media

Toengel
08-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi,

what do you want exactly? If you want to watch pictures, music and videos from your PC on your TV, then you need to install a DLNA server software on your PC (such as Plex Media Server, Twonky, Serviio,...).

Toengel@Alex

abbu sara
08-19-2013, 06:16 AM
i need help
no i mean If i want to Enjoy all PC media files on my TV screen with Wi-Fi, how do i connect it, is it ok if i use (philips Wi-Fi MediaConnect) i mean (Wireless USB Adapter for Philips Wi-Fi Ready TV) or not thanks

Sergio Lavinas
01-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Just after I had finished to upgrade the firmware, my BPD5500X/73 did not achieve the Smart Tv.
I've tried to return to the old firmware, but I had not sucess on it.
Tell me please: Do you know how to take out this new firmware from the BDP5500X/73?
I've tried to get response in Brazil but the dudes doesn't know what they are speaking to.
Thank you

Toengel
07-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Hi,

new firmware 4.02 is available (at least for BDP5500).

Toengel@Alex

Midrac
12-16-2014, 03:21 PM
I have used my Blu-Ray player (5500/12) for a few years without too many problems. It is connected to my television via a RCA-scart connection. Because of some Blu-Ray discs which suddenly stalled or froze, I looked on the website and was advised to upgrade the software which I did, and now suddenly I get the message that I have to view the same 'protected' Blu-rays via HDMI where I only have an RCA connection currently. What happened ? How can I return it to the RCA connection?

Toengel
12-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi,

it's not allowed anymore to output Blu-ray via analogue video outputs. Philips "was forced" to remove that feature.

Toengel@Alex

K. Soontiens
01-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Hi,
Recently I downloaded and installed the latest firmware (version V37.1) for my Blu-ray player, BDP6100/12, via internet.
After installation nothing works anymore, the Blu-ray player is 'dead'.
I have no access anymore with the remote controller and also the push buttons on the player don't work anymore. On the display of the player I see a continuous message 'HELLO'. When I take out the power plug, the 'HELLO' disappears. When I power up again and pushes the on/off pushbutton on the player, then I hear some noise and the message 'HELLO' appears again on the local display, nothing else happens anymore, the player is not accessible anymore again. I tried to access the player via the USB port, but also that failed.
Can someone help me with this problem, how to get access to the player, or to get back the basic factory settings.

neilski
01-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Ouch, doesn't sound good :-/
Did you leave a disc in it during the upgrade? This can apparently 'brick' the player. (I swear I'm not making this up! If only this was a bad joke...)

See Toengel's post above (#3) - if I understand him correctly he implies that the upgrade can brick the player even if it happens with the auto-upgrade - i.e. the player detects an upgrade and offers to install it for you. For this to be able to brick the player just because a disc is inside would be truly unbelievable (but yet...). I know I've certainly had some upgrades applied to my player simply because the kids weren't paying much attention when they powered it up and started pressing buttons on the remote without looking at the screen.

Good luck though!