PDA

View Full Version : Net TV icon missing

Paulc
03-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Hello,
I have a 40PFL9705H smart TV which I purchased in 2011. I am trying to get the NetTV working. I am able to connect to the internet successfully within network settings. However my problem is there is no NetTV icon on the Home screen. I have installed the latest software from the support website today without success. I have tried a reinstall and factory reset, which has made no difference. Also when I try to go into the Help section, all that shows is a ? (questionmark). Any help on these problems would be appreciated.

Toengel
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi,

For ? issue:
- Format USB stick with FAT
- create Folder "Upgrades"
- copy the following file into that Folder: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/40pfl9705h_12/46pfl9705h_12_mus_eng.upg
- start TV, wait 3 minutes
- plugin USB stick
- go to TV configuration - outer right (update)
- Chose local update
- then you can install the help file

The ? should be gone.

Toengel@Alex

Paulc
03-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi, thank you for you quick response,
I found that software and followed the process you said.
Within local Update I got the msg
"You are trying to programme a software older than or equal to the current one, are you sure you want to continue?"
Is it okay to continue? The TV will still work afterwards - :-)

Toengel
03-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi,

yes - this is ok in this case.

Toengel@Alex

Paulc
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Great I'll give it a go, is there an equivalent .upg file for the NetTv software. I've no idea why it isn't on the TV.

Paulc
03-14-2013, 09:23 PM
That worked perfectly for the Help application. Thank you very much. You really know your stuff.

Paulc
03-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Hello, I still have the original issue where the NetTv icon is missing from the Home screen. Is there a particular piece of software in the software library (mentioned earlier in this Topic by Toengel) that I can re-install for the Nettv icon to appear.