PDA

View Full Version : WEP key internet

Ingrid
03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
We have this television 42PFL9664H,

a time ago i had to change the internet connection
to a WEP key internet instead of WPA.
Now is net TV (RTLGEMIST) very slow and is sometimes hanging (sorry i'dont know the right word in english)

and also the player menu (where you can see if its playing or on pause) is still on the screen.

Is it the WEP key that is the reason for all this?

Sorry for the bad bad english :D

Toengel
03-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi,

that should not be the problem... Did you move your TV or router? Maybe the signal strengh is worse than before...

Toengel@Alex

DellUser
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM
We have this television 42PFL9664H,

a time ago i had to change the internet connection
to a WEP key internet instead of WPA.
Now is net TV (RTLGEMIST) very slow and is sometimes hanging (sorry i'dont know the right word in english)

and also the player menu (where you can see if its playing or on pause) is still on the screen.

Is it the WEP key that is the reason for all this?

Sorry for the bad bad english :D

The WEP-Key you use does not say anything about the speed.
It is stupid to go from WPA security to WEP security. The WEP key can be hacked. (just Google on How to hack a WEP….)
Net TV requires 2Mb/sec for a standard Apps, 4Mb/sec for video Apps, 8Mb/sec for HD video Apps (like Drivecast). The cheapest internet providers offer more than 100 Mb/sec, so Net TV is not very demanding.
The problems you see could indeed be caused by other factors, like an overload at the RTL.
TIP: Press pause, wait a few seconds and then press play. It loads the internal memory buffer just enough to look RTL without annoying interrupts. (At a 2010 TV the Pause/Play buttons are in the onscreen keyboard, found with the options button, above the volume button)
TIP: If the Drivecast App plays the Video’s well, than your speed is optimal for Net TV. Hampering Net TV Apps are not related to your speed.

Ingrid
03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes i know it is stupid to change WPA to WEP
but i had problems with my laptop no connecting with internet

thank you for the tips!