PDA

View Full Version : Philips 7605, totally disappointed

cc125
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Greetings
I have to resort to this forum, because in my country (Spain) in 3 forums, in their corresponding threads have problems with the Philips TV, where I took Philips 7605.

1 - blocks on a channel that broadcast here (sixth hd) in which no television in passing, only to models 7605 and 9705

2-connection from pc to tv via hdmi, there are trails in both games with moving images, all this with both high contrast, and with vivid colors

after commenting on this issue that the majority suffer in our country, and spoke by telephone with Philips, we sent a service agent.

because in such service technician tells us that the problem of blocks in the channel is because it emits very low signal.

because it does not happen with 2 samgsung that I have?
or I have a Sony that also?

and because it happens with some 7605 models?
or some 9705 models?.

soluccionaria say that the problem with a firm prior to this, or the above, or with the latter that have been placed.

Philips is amazing how knowing the problem you have with some models of TV in Spain to ignore such a situation.

totally disappointed me

Greetings and thanks

hopelesshc
03-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I also have the block problem, but I am not disappointed with the tv. I am disappointed with the help received, which is not much.

Technical assistance crew don't want to change the tv receiver, as they think it's not a problem of the tv.

smart
03-08-2011, 01:54 PM
If you want Philips to be able to debug problems, your should give the exact model number and the firmware version as a minimum.

I mean, if they were willing to help you, they should be able to reproduce the fails. For that detailed information is needed.

petasis
03-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Why does Philips need help to reproduce the problem? Can't their local office in Spain open a TV and tune into Sexta HD, and see the problem their-selves? The users have spotted the problem, and provided photos. What else expects Philips from their customers?

Here are the photos: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/showthread.php?1135-Your-experiences-with-FW-v0.140.32.0-for-5000-6000-and-7000-series-(2010-models).&p=4309&viewfull=1#post4309

cc125
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Greetings

with respect to the response of "smart"for my part and contacted them in over 3ocasiones by tlf, chatting over 6 times as I have stated many times the number of TV series, firmware version, all, all the information asked of me.

but they are laughing shamelessly users with problems, at least in my case.

the service from my village came to tell me that if I came on TV, were not going to do anything.

Philips said that if I contact the SAT, I do and I say that I do?
even above One time I spent on the service from my town, and seen how they treat their own tvs, piled up without protection, remote controls lying ....

better hold on to what we're to take the SAT, at least you do not get scratched

shankly1985
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Ghosting/smearing/trails can happen when contrast is set wrong, try lowing your contrast down to about 51% and get some calibration images to do your brightness and colour. I have 46pfl7605 and had this ghosting of blacks now its not much of a problem.

cc125
03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
shankly1985 not understand, if I comment on what I have to do

if so tell you that over 50 people in a Spanish forum, we have done everything, brightness contrast, etc etc. everything.

anyway I'm the lucky quotes I do not complain of this problem, and I do not have video game console, which is where you say that is where most shows.

me of what I complain of the Damned is the channel blocks on which philips tv blame them completely, and as is demonstrated day after day Philips' fault entirely.

as you said a forero of Spain on the tv:

"This only means that the television is designed and quickly stumbled. And after not having a quality control rigorous enough to at least be the same fault at all.
Have sufficient margin to repair and replace the TV but not to repair the damage of mouth about the brand PHILIPS "..

macroblocks of which we speak are in this forum, below.
http://www.forodvd.com/tema/83767-LCD-Philips-PFL-7605/page79
occur so that it is impossible to view that channel

Also you can tell me who arrange most of the Philips creates FIRMS?
ami in the blocks is worse every time I install the last, others are getting worse foreros other things. go mess this company for god. for future purchases so I have to buy, though it hurts me because I had almost everything at home philips

Greetings and thanks

JJones
03-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Same issue here in the United States! I had to hunt for this Forum because it is not available on the US's webpage. I made a post called "I will never purchase, deal with, philips ever again!!! Take a read at my issues....

sinistro
03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I know that the perfect TV does not exist and all off them have some issues or another but this set could be a winner as it has the potential to be one but the finishing of the product just aint it and that is a pity.

I think most of these small problems could be fixed without a lot of trouble and when the people from the philips technical service know a little bit more about their own products a lot of customers could be answered and help correctly. Such a small detail as calling about these macro blocks of La Sexta and then depending on who you dealing with of the support line giving you total different answers about this problem. One says its a problems of the tuner in the set another says its a problem of La Sexta itself and another never heard of the problem at all.

Besides this macro block problem I seen some other small problems which could be fixed with a software upgrade easily.
For example a easier way to write addresses on NET TV as now its like how its done on a handy instead of the pop up onscreen keyboard ( if this option is there I cant find it which aint good either ).
On youtube in my favourites list I have 122 clips, some wont even play and I cant search more then 1 or 2 pages as then it wont load the rest so no way to look for all the clips I want to.

These are just a few small details which could be fixed and improved by a software upgrade and I am sure more of these small ones could be to, now its up to philips to put a little effort in it to listen and then to do something about these little upgradeable problems.
This will show the customer that they listen and try to do something about it.

Philips
03-10-2011, 08:47 AM
@ All who have problems with macroblocks with DVB-T/C reception in Spain, please indicate:

Which model number you have.
Which serial number (production code) your TV has (can be seen in Customer Service Mode by pressing 1 2 3 6 5 4 on your remote control)
Which software version your TV has (see also the Customer Service Mode).
If you have also sound interruptions too when the macroblocks appear.
Optional, and please via a private message only, which workshop did you visit.

@ Petasis: unfortunately, local conditions can make it possible that a problem can not be reproduced everywhere. Besides that, different reasons can lead to the same behaviour, in this case, macroblocks can be caused by almost anything in the complete broadcast chain. So yes, additional information is needed.

@ JJones: you have made your point in another topic. Please stop spoiling other people's topics.

cc125
03-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Greetings

these are the data from my tv:

Model: 40PFL7605H/12
firmware version: Version: 000,140,032,000
Serial number: 09835 vn3e.1042

comment, I have only the macroblocks, not muting me

greetings

sinistro
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
MODEL: 40PFL7605H/12
SN: VN3D 1039 087491
SW VERSION: Q5551_0.140.27.0

Only macro blocks, no sound interruptions.

I hope these is all you need if something missing then let me know :)

Thx for reading with us on this :)

hopelesshc
03-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Hello everyone:

I'd like to thank the administrator for his/her intervention in this forum. Here in Spain there are many users affected, and all the help is welcome.

I'd also like to say that yesterday a technician came and checked that the problem was true. He took the tv to the technical center and told me that it would be fixed in two weeks by using an isulating material. I made it by explaining the problem to the technical department. Although I don't like the solution very much (using a material instead of changing the hardware) I hope that it will work.

I'll send my impressions and final results to the spanish forum.

Thanks

kralizeck
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Here is my info:

model: 32PFL7605H/12
production code: VN2E1029062343
soft version: Q5551_0.140.32.0
I've macro block problem and sound cut off, but not related to macroblock, the sound cuts off are random

@ Philips: What do mean with "workshop"? I buy my tv in a on-line shop, do you mean this?

sinistro
03-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Any news from the sw department if it can be solved with a update?

cc125
03-16-2011, 07:53 PM
for nothing

philips as always, if you talk to it you get sent to the SAT
SAT tells you talk to them

I bought a tv in that department as it does not hold water on all sides, that happens, here is marketing a product and not heard complaints from customers??

now eat it too with potatoes, for god shame !!!!!

Philips totally disappointed me, now what am not going to buy, and the brands that are in competition.

SOLUTIONS FIRMS believe that absolutely nothing, NOTHING.
On the contrary, worsen the good.

that shame
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

hopelesshc
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Hello everyone:

After 4 days in the technical department, I received my tv yesterday. They put an isulating plastic material in order to isulate the signal of the receiver and reduce the macro blocks on La Sexta channel. When I turn on the tv on that channel, I see the same macro blocks. Not less, neither more.

If this method was supposed to work and they have been testing the tv for 2 days, why the problem persists?

I will call again today. I expecto that they change my tv receiver.

Thanks

hopelesshc
03-17-2011, 08:09 AM
for nothing

philips as always, if you talk to it you get sent to the SAT
SAT tells you talk to them

I bought a tv in that department as it does not hold water on all sides, that happens, here is marketing a product and not heard complaints from customers??

now eat it too with potatoes, for god shame !!!!!

Philips totally disappointed me, now what am not going to buy, and the brands that are in competition.

SOLUTIONS FIRMS believe that absolutely nothing, NOTHING.
On the contrary, worsen the good.

that shame
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

cc125: eres grande, pero ni con estas van a arreglar nuestra tele.

Nettle
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Hello everyone:

After 4 days in the technical department,When I turn on the tv on that channel, I see the same macro blocks. Not less, neither more.
If this method was supposed to work and they have been testing the tv for 2 days, why the problem persists?
Thanks

Dear Hopelesshc,

in order to give you an answer I could ask you:"Why in the Philips firmware release notes an issue is declared as "solved" and, after the firmware installation, the problem persists???"

The reason is the same.

Second question:"Have they really tested the TV after the modification before to give it back to the customer??????".

I don't think so.

regards

hopelesshc
03-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Dear Hopelesshc,

in order to give you an answer I could ask you:"Why in the Philips firmware release notes an issue is declared as "solved" and, after the firmware installation, the problem persists???"

The reason is the same.

Second question:"Have they really tested the TV after the modification before to give it back to the customer??????".

I don't think so.

regards

Hey Nettle, I understand what you want to say, but I would like to think that when they say that they do something is because the REALLY do something. Maybe I am too positive.

I'll give them another chance.

Nettle
03-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Hey Nettle, I understand what you want to say, but I would like to think that when they say that they do something is because the REALLY do something. Maybe I am too positive.

I'll give them another chance.
I hope you're right but I'm still have doubts.

regards

cc125
03-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Greetings

whether to be angry, desolate, impotence .........
Start chatting today with one "Victor"that either there are several "Victors"in chat or is the same, I've made ​​more than five conversations with this person, addressing the issue of the macroblocks of the sixth.

Well, again today told me that he had no record of that problem.
made me want to pick up the monitor and throw it out the window, because this is a joke going.

I told him if he was kidding, or trying to fool us and because previously he had chatted on five occasions and he said the same thing.

but the worst thing is they do not know what they say, the worst thing is that in the end of the chat, I commented that the issue of macroblocks, the firm added in the last words, as he would have to have that problem SOLUTIONS.

but I just said I did not know of this problem?
I've told you that I was not the problem with SOLUTIONS firm and I replied that I have done something wrong to update the tv.

this is the response of a person who is in a chat-official website of a brand like Philips.
that if I experience problems, contact the SAT.

and I have never again, if he was laughing with me, if you fall into grace, or if you feel bad breakfast.

which way to shoot with prospective buyers, clients of this brand.

Greetings

Nettle
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Greetings
which way to shoot with prospective buyers, clients of this brand.

Greetings

...and the Philips brand reputation is still sinking.

regards

petasis
03-18-2011, 09:59 AM
...and the Philips brand reputation is still sinking.

regards

Not only reputation, but also sales...
I think that the customer's needs and the Philips' priority of implemented features do not meet very well...

At first they targeted the world, then they targeted Europe, and now they are targeting a handful European countries (the ones that EPG works actually...).

Philips
03-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Philips has acknowledged the problems with the "La Sexta" macro blocks and an improvement will be present in the next software release which will be available soon. Also the remaining "sound drop" issue will be addressed.

Nettle
03-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Philips has acknowledged the problems with the macro blocks and an improvement will be present in the next software release which will be available soon.

...and for the sound drop issues too or not???

Edit from Philips: see updated text in above post....

bmandersen
03-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Philips has acknowledged the problems with the "La Sexta" macro blocks and an improvement will be present in the next software release which will be available soon. Also the remaining "sound drop" issue will be addressed.

Where can we find a list of problems acknowledged by Philips and their status?

cc125
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
bmandersen recognized by philips ........

Of course the problem we have in Spain of the macroblocks, for more than Hemnes explained by chat, by tlf, they say they have no record of this decision.

Moreover, even tell you the fault is in the sixth, ie it lian, first not to know that problem, but after a while you say it is the sixth failure.

but know it or not

Clearly aware of the issue, but at least in my case, as in many Spanish foreros therefore let in time be if the warranty expires, to have if you get tired and you put the same string but normal, and that if looks good, we are lasrgas.

I have sent 2 letters, and no response or an e-mail or a phone call, let shameful.

I keep saying that I have (in terms of picture quality) the best tv on the market in this price range, and the ambilight is already scandal as you get to see this tv with a 15-20 mkv gigas, but there is always someone who spoils the day, in this case the tv.

and whoever breaks it is philips, terrible customer service, the worst in Spain, said Forero and hundreds of people, is pessimistic.

if it becomes sony would have already solved the problem, fixed it, but it is philips

but anyway, it doesn't matter
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

hopelesshc
03-22-2011, 11:39 AM
bmandersen recognized by philips ........

Of course the problem we have in Spain of the macroblocks, for more than Hemnes explained by chat, by tlf, they say they have no record of this decision.

Moreover, even tell you the fault is in the sixth, ie it lian, first not to know that problem, but after a while you say it is the sixth failure.

but know it or not

Clearly aware of the issue, but at least in my case, as in many Spanish foreros therefore let in time be if the warranty expires, to have if you get tired and you put the same string but normal, and that if looks good, we are lasrgas.

I have sent 2 letters, and no response or an e-mail or a phone call, let shameful.

I keep saying that I have (in terms of picture quality) the best tv on the market in this price range, and the ambilight is already scandal as you get to see this tv with a 15-20 mkv gigas, but there is always someone who spoils the day, in this case the tv.

and whoever breaks it is philips, terrible customer service, the worst in Spain, said Forero and hundreds of people, is pessimistic.

if it becomes sony would have already solved the problem, fixed it, but it is philips

but anyway, it doesn't matter
Escuchar
Leer fonéticamente

Eres un crack. Tengo un par de historias sobre el servicio técnico que tocará contar después de que venga un antenista a casa.

Philips
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Eres un crack. Tengo un par de historias sobre el servicio técnico que tocará contar después de que venga un antenista a casa.

English please! Thank you!

hopelesshc
03-23-2011, 08:09 AM
English please! Thank you!

Sorry Philips. I just told him that he made a sharp comment and that I would post a new message soon.

hopelesshc
03-23-2011, 08:15 AM
As I am in the forum I would share my last experiencies.

The technical department took my tv two weeks ago to solve the problem with La Sexta HD (The sixth hd). They would fix it by using an isulating plastic. Last friday I got my tv back home. When I turn it on I saw the macro blocks problem in La Sexta HD. But is was not the only problem, after one hour watching tv I saw some kind of pixels/interferences in other channels. I changed the channels and all of them had the problem. Some days later I got it: when the tv is on for long a time, the receiver gets hot and the interferences appears.

I sent the tv to the technical department with one problem, and I got it back with two problems, so I called to the technical department and a supervisor talked to me. He told me that it would be a problem of my aerial installation and he mailed me a page to fill in with aerial values. It had to be filled by an official aerial installer. If these values were not between the limits established by European law, the would't do nothing more.

Yesterday an aerial installer came home (I had to pay it, another additional cost). He took measures and filled the page. Apparently there was nothing wrong and the values were between european limits. I mailed the page to the supervisor and he replied today to say that all the information would be send to Philips with an internal tracking code.

After one month I see that technical department can't solve the problems with La Sexta, or the don't have the means to do it.

I hope that Philips gets in contact with me soon to give a me solution: a new fix (I hope not) or a new tv. I will try to keep the faith.

Thanks

Philips
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope that Philips gets in contact with me soon to give a me solution: a new fix (I hope not) or a new tv. I will try to keep the faith. Thanks

The La Sexta HD problems (MPEG4 artefacts in Spain) will be addressed in the new 140.33 software. This will be released soon.

cc125
04-06-2011, 12:30 PM
you know something about when the next firmware?

I'm just waiting like a child

Toengel
04-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi,

somewhere here in the forum was written that around 15. April the next firmware will be released...

Toengel@Alex

cc125
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Greetings

has finally left the new firm, but as always, and not to vary the download does not work

would be rare, the last 4 updates have been the same.

I would like to know which hangs updates to tell you first, always first have to make sure that when you click on download, you work.

In short, at least if SOLUTIONS have this problem,

greetings

Toengel
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi,

sorry - your English isn't really understandable...

Toengel@Alex

sinistro
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
MODEL: 40PFL7605H/12
SN: VN3D 1039 087491
SW VERSION: Q5551_0.140.34.0

After upgrading the firmware to .34 I did not see any macro blocks sofar so I think this new firmware did the trick :)

Thx philips :)

cc125
04-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Greetings to all

sinister hello, I'm rox_ma of forodvd.

Today is a happy day, my tv looks scandal 7605, no more macroblocks, and pixelated.
a 10 for Philips, we have had a great time, but Philips has been able to listen, but has later echo.

this begins to be a TV, each passing day I liked most, and now from this firm .. 34, because I love it.

Congratulations to all who have this tv, and especially congratulate those who suffered from the problem of macroblocks of the Spanish channel, and has SOLUTIONS.

philips was so difficult?
therefore not a simple upgrade, and all those who suffered this problem month after month, for what you have SOLUTIONS.

better late than never.

Tomorrow I will put the SAT in my city, against the wall.
donkey, and inept, and liars.

by Philips

a greetings and congratulations

hopelesshc
04-14-2011, 01:06 PM
The macroblocks on my tv are also solved. I congratulate cc125 (rox_ma) for being an active member in other forums and support the global call that we made form this forum. Now we have no image problems.

Thanks Philips and every user of this model who helped us to get this achievement.

Bye