View Full Version : Rate Philips support 1-10
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I think that the number is 1 by me...
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I understand your reaction but the support does not create the products.
The support receives the complaint of the customers.
Philips sells products which are not finished like many manufacturers.
03-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Topic moved to the 'Welcome page'.
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I agree, but the product was made very well, and the support gave us optimization software (firmware)...and now it looks like they cannot make it work normal, i'm begining to think they are doing it on intention, because i can not understand that they cant make it right at least last 10 versions of FW...
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Very bad support and programmers
03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
1 and nothing more
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Philip support... uhmmm... it's 9 in my opinion, especially if we refer to local support (I am from Italy).
03-16-2011, 01:03 PM
we should first define what is bad and what is good :D
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
wel, like at school here in Italy, 1 is bad, 10 is good.
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
in Germany grade 1 is good and grade 6 is bad... or 1 point is bad and 15 points are good...
So what was the intention of the scale the thread creator had?
03-16-2011, 09:36 PM
usually when someone says rate it 1-10 it means that 1 is very bad and 10 is very good...like rating women same thing....:)
03-17-2011, 08:38 AM
In order to a avoid misunderstanding, from my italian side I could express the rate for Philips in adjectives:
(my actual issue ---> sound cut off via HDMi and SPDIF with an external device <-- )
1) Call center: no awareness at all!
2) Chat Line: 80% not aware and promising a reply from my local Technical Dept (never heard a telephone call from them till now), 20% is aware of the actual problems and has tried at least to suggest a solution
4) Via email: only an automatic email reply from Philips. After my complaints on this forum, Philips has called me (after several weeks of delay) in order to collect my experiences and comments. After that no more replies or updates from them.
4) Local Technical Service Dept (Padua): not aware at all: they take a look to the firmware release note and they suggest to install the latest firmware. When I inform them that the problems still persists after the installation, they say: "Really! I was not aware of it".
Is really frustrating to be their actual technical updater (instead of the opposite).
5) Forum: the only way to receive a feedback. After several months only promises (issues declared as "solved" and still there after the installation of the firmware) and no result for the moment.
The scenario is not acceptable and the firm Philips is not aware that the "Titanic" is already sinking.
Support and LCD TV 9
Sorry Philips but we paid a lot of money for an unfinished product and the support is inadequate. So it goes no further. At the present time, I would not recommend their products, but it can only get better. Philips to improve the internal DVB-S tuner to the status of the DVB-C / T tuner in the 2009 / 2010s K models. This is a step in the right direction. Work on it.