PDA

View Full Version : MCi series firmware update.

zefra
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi,

do you have any plans to update firmware for MCi streamium series, MCi298 to be more specific?
The last update was released more than one year ago and as usual left plenty of bugs still living inside of our machines.

Regards,
zefra

jphenrick
03-31-2013, 12:08 AM
hii have to agree here WHEN will the software bugs be fixed please i have one of these but its VERY buggy

JH

chrisdude
03-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Very buggy indeed. But I have not much faith that Philips will do anything about it. Actually, I had contact with two different 'service' persons from Philips and explained my problems with the Streamium products. They both claimed to come with an answer...but guess what, two months further and none of them ever contacted back again.

I personally don't count on anything anymore....

jphenrick
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Philips is a new firmware being worked on please?

zefra
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Ignorance instead of answer. As expected from this diode like forum.

fröschl
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Philips? Is there anbody out there? Hellohohhh!!! Is this a support forum here or a dead postbox? Can somebody from Philips answer support questions customers of Philips ask here?

Could you at least publish this crappy firmware source code so we could help ourselves to get something that is working?

Most annoying bugs on my MCi298:

1. Hangs completely once in a while. No reaction on any keypress. only solution: unplug power.
2. Looses all settings
3. looses only network settings
4. looses time settings

And this is only the top the iceberg!

Thomas

chrisham
04-04-2013, 08:22 PM
You do know that this forum is not an official support channel, don't you?

This is primarily for user-to-user support, with Philips sometimes moderating or chiming in.

For your official support channels, go to http://www.support.philips.com/support/catalog_selector.jsp and select your country and language. There, you find links to eMail and Chat support (it seems that some combinations of country and language lack the Chat option).

zefra
04-05-2013, 08:11 PM
My dear chrisham,

you think that lot of us are stupid, don't you?
Of course we tried everything: Philips web support, Philips repair service, Streamium cafe and finally this, I repeat, diode like forum.
If you can help us, do this. Can you?

Philips - Joanna
04-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Dear Users,

Thank you for your patience and sorry that you have waited for a reply, but your queries were being consulted with the development team.
@Zefra, Jphenrick, Chrisdude- please check your mailboxes, I have PMed you with the info.

Kind Regards,
Joanna

geojo
04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
My MCI298 worked fine but now I met a lot of problems:
- I am connected in Wireless but the icon (cable disconnected) appears and disappears.
- When I start to listen FM radio, the sound is Noisy, and if I try to go back, the MCI 298 stops and restarts.
- When I listen the Internet radio (Wireless connected) the icon (cable disconnected) appears and the MCI 298 shuts down and restarts.
- When the sound of th FM radio is Noisy and if try to connect in internet radio, the MCI 298 stops and resarts.
I do a restart with factory settings but the problems remain.

zefra
04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I have received PM from Joanna Philips: there will be no more firmware updates for MCi298 in the future. So, we got this worthless machine for our money. Isn't there a name for this kind of transaction?

Best regards to all of you

chrisdude
04-12-2013, 04:16 PM
I got the same message.... So no sight on improvement of the system at all.

chrisdude
04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I have an Mci and NP by the way. No updates expected for those either

jphenrick
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Philips

we as users do need a fix for this unit - will replacements be offered?

the one i have constantly freezes on wired or wireless on internet radio, upnp playing and even cd playing!

thanks

JH

fröschl
04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Dear Users,

Thank you for your patience and sorry that you have waited for a reply, but your queries were being consulted with the development team.
@Zefra, Jphenrick, Chrisdude- please check your mailboxes, I have PMed you with the info.

Kind Regards,
Joanna

Ok, nice. This is open communication from Philips. So not only the development department seems to be not willing to help users but also marketing might need some support in how to communicate to CUSTOMERS (!!!).

It is my birthday today and all I hear from Philips is that they send private message so some users. And this of course only as I looked into this forum. So Philips communicates to some users that their devices will stay bricks (ok, sometimes the bricks play music but as you never can rely on it playing music I keep calling it a brick). Other users are not even notfied that their devices stay bricks.

Wouldn't it be a better way to communicate such things publicly and refund CUSTOMERS (!!!) that have bricks but payed Streamium devices?

Thomas

jphenrick
04-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Philips Support

can this firmware update please be reconsidered please or can we have refunds or credit notes against newer supported models please?

thanks

JH

Philips - Joanna
04-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Dear Jphendrick

Please refer to the private message I have just sent you.

Kind Regards,
Joanna

zefra
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi JH,

obviously you are satisfied with PM you received from Joanna Philips. Because we all are victims of this Philips business strategy, would you be so kind and share this message with us?

Thanks and regards

fröschl
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Dear Jphendrick

Please refer to the private message I have just sent you.

Kind Regards,
Joanna

Hi Joanna,

as there is not only jphenrick who has problems as you might see from the other replies, I may kindly ask you to communicate to all of us, what Philips will do to solve the problems it created by selling a non working product to its customers.

Thomas

Philips - Joanna
04-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Dear Users,

I understand you might be confused by the PMs, let me try and explain as this was nowhere near the effect I was intending to create. The reason behind me sending a PM to one user was that my answer was directed to that user in particular, with direct reference to his country and thus it would be irrelevant to anyone outside the UK. There is no other conspiracy behind it.

I am sorry if it caused confusion, as this was not the intended effect. Once again, I would like to stress the fact that I do appreciate your frustration and understand that this might have not been made clear.

Kind regards,
Joanna

fröschl
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Dear Joanna,

Dear Users,
... I would like to stress the fact that I do appreciate your frustration and understand that this might have not been made clear.

actually it surprises me that you do "appreciate our frustration". I would have preferred that Philips (not you personally) relieves our frustration by either solving the actual problems or finding another solution that turns me from a "never-ever-Philips-buyer" to a happy "yes-I-think-Philips-does-a great- customer-care-job-and I-will-definitely-buy-from-Philips-again-customer" .

But I am getting off-topic here. Is there now also a solution for customers outside the UK?

Thomas

fröschl
04-30-2013, 04:13 PM
btw. here is an earlier not complete summary of real bugs and feature whishes:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?3507-MCi298-firmware-wishlist

zefra
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi all,

what you think about contacting BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation (www.beuc.org) and asking them for a help in this Philips case?

Regards

P.S. thanks to fröschl and chrisdude for PM

Philips - Joanna
05-02-2013, 04:59 PM
@ Zefra and @ Froschl,

My advice would be to contact Consumer Care teams in your respective countries on this matter ( I do not know where you are from) as there is nothing more that could be done from our side. We would like to remind you, however, that when it comes to refunds we have no authority of affecting the country’s decision as it is entirely dependent on them. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Joanna

fröschl
05-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Dear Joanna,

Wouldn't it be easier for us if you coordinate this as we would not have to explain our story again and again?

I live in Germany.

Kind regards,
Thomas

P.s. You find many other users with problems with the mci298 in the other thread i linked to in one my previous posts

zefra
05-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Hi Joanna,

I believe that this case should be resolved/refunded by Philips company itself and not by local Philips representatives/resellers. They only reselling your products in good faith and are not responsible for products which are produced as faulty by your company. Your representative office in my country (Slovenia) kindly tried to help me, tried to repair my MCi298, but without any success. Of course, they were not able to repair faulty firmware. Just for example, when some car factory recalls its cars due to faulty part, who should pay for car repairs? Local reseller?

Hi all,

can we find us in this Collective Redress at BEUC?
http://www.beuc.org/Content/Default.asp?PageID=2140

Regards

ChefChaudard
06-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Hello,

as stated here (http://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/rooting-mci73012-device/) , I cn confirm, that when I switch off my NAS Synology, I do not have anymore reboots :cool:

Hey Philips, could you wake up from you lethargy and fix this Firmware !!!

Lolita Damore
06-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello,

As stated here (http://smallhacks.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/rooting-mci73012-device/) it is linked to NAS and WiFi.

Please Philips get out of hibernation and fix this firmware.

:mad:

Lolita Damore
06-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Hello,

One of the main reason for unwanted reboots is linked to WiFi.

And I noticed that when my NAS is off, there is no reboot :confused:

Hope something can be done.

Please.