PDA

View Full Version : Switching to amplifier failed

CommanderSwe
04-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi!

All of a sudden I cant send my tv audio via ARC to my Yamaha-htr-3065. It worked as a charm right until this weekend.
I was away for a couple of days and unplugged the power cord on both the tv and the amp. When i got back home I plugged the tv and amp back in and started the tv, which started the amp as usual but then i got "Failed, switching to TV speakers". And now the amp wont autostart with the tv. Easylink is on.

I dont think that the problem is the amp because I can play music on it and use my 360 as usual. Ive tried two different hdmi cables, same story. Ive tried to reset the amp, no differences. I also have reinstalled the tv without success.

The tv in question is an 42PFL4007T/12

What should I do?

Philips - Benedickte
05-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi!

All of a sudden I cant send my tv audio via ARC to my Yamaha-htr-3065. It worked as a charm right until this weekend.
I was away for a couple of days and unplugged the power cord on both the tv and the amp. When i got back home I plugged the tv and amp back in and started the tv, which started the amp as usual but then i got "Failed, switching to TV speakers". And now the amp wont autostart with the tv. Easylink is on.

I dont think that the problem is the amp because I can play music on it and use my 360 as usual. Ive tried two different hdmi cables, same story. Ive tried to reset the amp, no differences. I also have reinstalled the tv without success.

The tv in question is an 42PFL4007T/12

What should I do?

Hi CommanderSwe.

Could you please make sure you have updated your TV's main software to 97.0 and the standby software to 99.0. You an find the standby software and instructions here:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/get?url=/sca/sca/121218/121218062001_103242.zip&ofn=%22StandbySW_Q554E_99.0.0.0.zip%22

The main software you can find on the support page for your TV: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL4007T/12&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=SE&slg=AEN

To check which device is causing the issue the following test can be done:
- Unplug all HDMI devices from the TV
- Start up the TV
- Plug in the HDMI cable (on HDMI1, as this is the only HDMI port with ARC)
- Start up the HTS
This way the HTS will request ARC from the TV.

If this doesn’t work, the test above can be retried the other way around:
- Unplug all HDMI devices from the TV
- Start up the HTS
- Plug in the HDMI cable (on HDMI1, as this is the only HDMI port with ARC)
- Start up the TV

Also keep in mind that CEC/Easylink needs to be enabled on both the TV and the HTS, so please check the options of the HTS as well.

Best regards,
Benedickte