PDA

View Full Version : ORD7300 audio issues when playing from dock

RSpaans
04-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Hi,

The ORD7300 starts having audio issues when I play music from the iPod dock. The audio sounds warbly/underwater and this usually only disappears after pulling the iPod out of the dock. I have tried different iPod/iPhone units, and also had the 7300 replaced by the shop. Still, the problem re-appears.

The issue has been reported on the german support forum and on Amazon:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/de/showthread.php?4101-ORD-7300-10-Philips-Original-Radio-Klirren-Verzerrungen-bei-Audiowiedergabe/page2&

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.amazon.de/review/R149597V9FRI94/ref%3Dcm_cr_pr_perm/%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ASIN%3DB008VRCQB0%26linkCode%3D%26n odeID%3D%26tag%3D&usg=ALkJrhgIItngNtCyQqAG88Ck3jlMXsd3jw

I love the design and sound of the radio, and would hate to return it. Have Philips support looked at this issue? Can this be fixed through a firmware upgrade, or should I return it again and find another radio?

kylie
04-17-2013, 02:41 AM
hi there,

i have ORD7100C however, I think i know what s the issue you described here. this occasionally occured on mine device also. but it s just like once in several hour playback.

is your problem a very noticeable one and can repeat all the time?

also, does the issue happen from the very beginning right after you bought it, or does it only happen after 'seasoning'?

RSpaans
04-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Hi!

Yes, this sounds like the issue I'm having. I forgot to mention that in my first post, but it happens after a couple of songs - stays for a song or two - and then goes away. So in an hour, perhaps 3-4 songs have that kind of distortion.

The issue was on both ORD7300 radios I've had, and was there right from the start. Philips here in Norway has told me to return the radio for repairs, but I have a feeling the sound problem won't be going away unless there is a software upgrade.

Philips - Tereza
04-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Dear RSpaans,

I have sent you a private message. Please kindly check your inbox messages.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

tonelab
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Hello
I have the exact same problem. I sent my radio back and got a new one, but the new one does the same. Any solutions?

Tonelab

Philips - Tereza
07-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Dear tonelab,

I have sent you a private message. Please kindly check your inbox.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

janneman62
08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Ik heb hierover ook contact gehad, apparaat is opgestuurd en nieuw apparaat van Philips gekregen - het probleem is er nog steeds. Opmerkelijk, omdat het hier en ook uitgebreid bijvoorbeeld op amazon.de ter sprake komt, verbaast het mij dat Philips mij wl een nieuw exemplaar stuurt, waarin hetzelfde probleem nog zit. Weet men niet wat er is? Jammer, want uiterlijk en geluid van het apparaat zijn verder subliem!

Philips - Tereza
08-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Dear Janneman62,

thank you very much for joining our Support forum. However, this forum is english speaking and if you wish to receive a support from others, I would kindly ask you to post your query in English language.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Runar81
01-26-2014, 08:07 PM
Also have issues with the sound on this... extremely annoying...

Philips - Sarka
01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
Dear Runar81,

Can you please specify your issue?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Philips Moderation Team

Runar81
01-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Well, the sound is like described in the first thread. Warbly/underwater. Tried a iPhone and a iPod. Both with this error...