PDA

View Full Version : Email on NetTV.

Watchdog85
07-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi,
My internet provider is Online.nl and I want to read my E-mail with “E-Mail op TV” on the Dutch NetTV page, but Online is not listed as a provider. How can I use this service?

DellUser
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi,
This is how you do it:
• Gebruikersnaam: is the username that you use to log in to your e-mail, at online this is your full e-mail address.
• Wachtwoord: is the password that you use to log in to your e-mail. Make sure you use the correct small or capital characters if you have them in your password.
• Ignore the Provider / server field.
• At “provider niet in de lijst” fill in : pop.online.nl
• Type: POP3
• Bewaren: have it marked; it will remember you e-mail address, so less typing next time you want to log in.

That should do it.

Note: You won’t be able to open attachments or messages in HTML. Only plain text messages are good to read. In rare cases you might get an XML parsing error. In that case one of the e-mails conflicts with the browser in the TV. Removing some e-mails in your mailbox via a PC will fix the problem.

JohnnyQ
08-01-2010, 09:05 PM
HI,
I use Gmail, therefore you do not have to do all these server settings. Just go to the open internet and go to your Gmail inbox. Gmail does show the mails in HTML! Choose “simple HTML view” when you access Gmail, shown on the bottom on the screen. In that way it responds faster and it looks very acceptable on TV. I use the “zoom” function to scale the messages to fit the screen in a nice way. I have a TV of 2009, there the zoom function is hidden under the teletext button, my father in law has a new Philips TV, there the zoom function is hidden under the option button (= down on the outer ring button).
Reading my e-mails in this way is nice, writing them is not doable without a keyboard.

Watchdog85
08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi,
This is how you do it:
• Gebruikersnaam: is the username that you use to log in to your e-mail, at online this is your full e-mail address.
• Wachtwoord: is the password that you use to log in to your e-mail. Make sure you use the correct small or capital characters if you have them in your password.
• Ignore the Provider / server field.
• At “provider niet in de lijst” fill in : pop.online.nl
• Type: POP3
• Bewaren: have it marked; it will remember you e-mail address, so less typing next time you want to log in.

That should do it.

Note: You won’t be able to open attachments or messages in HTML. Only plain text messages are good to read. In rare cases you might get an XML parsing error. In that case one of the e-mails conflicts with the browser in the TV. Removing some e-mails in your mailbox via a PC will fix the problem.

Great! It works. Many tanx go to DellUser :D

Watchdog85
08-02-2010, 01:12 PM
HI,
I use Gmail, therefore you do not have to do all these server settings. Just go to the open internet and go to your Gmail inbox. Gmail does show the mails in HTML! Choose “simple HTML view” when you access Gmail, shown on the bottom on the screen. In that way it responds faster and it looks very acceptable on TV. I use the “zoom” function to scale the messages to fit the screen in a nice way. I have a TV of 2009, there the zoom function is hidden under the teletext button, my father in law has a new Philips TV, there the zoom function is hidden under the option button (= down on the outer ring button).
Reading my e-mails in this way is nice, writing them is not doable without a keyboard.

Hey JonnyQ, that's also a good tip. I shall try it........

schots
12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Ik gebruik gmail en wil e-mail lezen via e-mail op tv, zolas Philips oorspronkelijk bedoeld op net tv
en niet door eerst in te loggen op het open internet
ik krijg daarbij foutmelding poort 110
welke instellingen zijn nodig?