PDA

View Full Version : DS3880W cant switch on after first use

Stephen1
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
I have successfully hooked my DS3880W to my network yesterday. After airplaying for a bit i switched it off by pressing the power button on top. A few minutes later i tried to switch it on by tapping the power button but nothing happened.

After pressing power for varying lengths of time i finally got it to power up but i had to set the network up again.

i switched it off again last night but cant get it to power back on today.

possibly stupid questions, but how are you supposed to switch this thing off and on?

kylie
04-18-2013, 05:07 AM
hi there

i think i understand why you feel that way...

because after you pressing the power button, the Ring will not have immediate action. It s only after 35 seconds then it started to blinks.
So, after pressing the power button, just be patient that you might have to wait a little while.

when you switch it off and turn on again/ unplug and plug again, you do not have to set it up all over again.
you just have to wait a while - just blinking green for a while and then the light will turn solid green.

when it s in solid green status, it means it has already set up.

Stephen1
04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
because after you pressing the power button, the Ring will not have immediate action. It s only after 35 seconds then it started to blinks.

I have tried tap. Wait 2 minutes - nothing happens
Press 1 second. Wait 2 minutes - nothing happens
Press 5 seconds. Wait 2 minutes - nothing happens
Press 10 seconds. Wait 2 minutes - nothing happens

1 tap. Light flashes and it starts to boot up.

kylie
04-19-2013, 09:16 AM
well, i have tested also :D
the best time is that of under 1 sec, then the re-action comes rather quick... dont have to wait for 35 secs

guess why i hv to wait for 35 secs from my previous testing is that i first setup the Ring... sorry to hv misled you