PDA

View Full Version : No DVB-C chanels with default TV settings

v13
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
The problem is that during setup you can't find any DVB-C chanel in Lithuania. You have to chose Poland (maybe other country) as country instead of Lithuania. Something wrong with settings. DVB-T search is possible only. Checked by me with 7685 and 6505 TV and others people with others TV. Time to make software upgrade.

Philips
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Topic moved to 'TV Installation'.

miguellopez154
06-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I happend the same to me in Spain.
By default, the configuration for Spain is set to look for analogic channels only. I activated also the digital channels and all of them appeared.
I hope it could be useful.

v13
06-02-2011, 07:11 PM
The problem is not the same. Something wrong with digital frequencies or modulation written into TV. Everything OK with analog channels.

Philips
06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi v13,

Lithuania is handled as a DVB-C “light” country, meaning that with default cable installation settings, only analog channels will be installed.

However, you are able to change this by setting digital to ON in the installation settings. In this case, DVB-C channels will also be installed.

Regards

v13
06-10-2011, 08:59 PM
One more time answering. In spite of DVB-C “light” country there are no cable TV without digital channels here.
I know how I can find DVB-C channels but the question is to change factory TV settings to find them by default choosing Lithuania not any other country. This is simple as 230V AC voltage in Europe. Nobody applying Portugal settings to find channels in France. Depending on chosen country you 'l got TV guide programs in specified language. Is it clear?

Oscar
06-11-2011, 05:32 AM
But the question remains what happens when setting to Lithuania and doing what Philips says: However, you are able to change this by setting digital to ON in the installation settings. In this case, DVB-C channels will also be installed???

Does it work then.

I live in Spain and heard in the past from some friends they had to set the set they had to France but this was due to that the set was "officialy"not for the Spanish market

v13
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
TV set was bought officially in store here in Lithuania. Digital was ON and as result no DVB-C channels found until you chose another country. This is not with my TV set only and not certain model but all.